RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Two concussions in one season (if true) for an undersized defenceman worries me quite a bit.

Would honestly be enough for me to steer clear of him in that 5-10 range and go with Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, etc.

Edit: Definitely not that I don’t think he’s a quality player... I just personally don’t think he stands out among the other guys in that range. The concussions are enough to knock him down a level imho.

Last edited:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Two concussions in one season (if true) for an undersized defenceman worries me quite a bit.

Would honestly be enough for me to steer clear of him in that 5-10 range and go with Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, etc.

I feel the same way and it’s a shame because I really like him as a player.

Concussions get worse each time and each new concussion increases your chances of getting another. Seems extremely risky when he’s so young.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Easily the most interesting of players in terms of where he ends up now because of the concussions.
He could go 3-10. Or do gm's still feel he a sure thing and go for him at 3-6?

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
I don´t think this last one is confirmed as a concussion. According to the coach he was dizzy but they didn´t know if it was a concussion. Of course, they played it safe and didn´t play him anymore. The concussion he had in the in the beginning of the season was worse though and as I recall it, he was out for a couple of weeks.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I think the Canucks will take one of Boqvist, Dobson or Hughes @ 7. Interesting to see which team takes which. I'm sure one team in the 4-6 spots will take Tkachuk.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah no they wont, Because Detroit is extremely high on Boqvist and we pick ahead of you at 6th.

I hate when fans do this.

I'm a wings fan and have seen nothing come from Detroit about them being extremely high on Boqvist. So either youre really high on Boqvist or some other wings fans are really high on Boqvist but making it sound like youve read somewhere that the wings actual organization is extremely high one is pretty disingenuous to other fans in this thread that are trying to get some legit information about him.

I wouldnt be surprised if the wings are high on him and take him at 6 if hes there. I also wouldnt be shocked if they prefer Bouchard's size and other features over Boqvist either. Its not like Holland is going to tell people who he wants to draft before the draft

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I probably would've taken Boqvist at 3. With his recent concussion issues I could see him falling around 10.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Agreed if he's there at #6 Detroit will easily snap Boqvist up.

Wow, HF should be honored to have such an knowledgeable Red Wings insider on here. When was the last time the Red Wings picked a swede high in a draft? Hell last year there was a similar Swedish D in Brunnstrom (and Liljegren) available at the Red Wings pick and they selected Michael flipping Rassmussen lol

Every year its the same. Some high profile Swedish player and all of sudden every Red Wings fan will not stop going on about how much the Wings love him and he will forsure not get past them. Yes they had Lidstrom and Zetterberg in years of the past, but that's not the case now

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, HF should be honored to have such an knowledgeable Red Wings insider on here. When was the last time the Red Wings picked a swede high in a draft? Hell last year there was a similar Swedish D in Brunnstrom (and Liljegren) available at the Red Wings pick and they selected Michael flipping Rassmussen lol

Every year its the same. Some high profile Swedish player and all of sudden every Red Wings fan will not stop going on about how much the Wings love him and he will forsure not get past them. Yes they had Lidstrom and Zetterberg in years of the past, but that's not the case now
Worth noting that they’ve drafted players out of Sweden every year for the past 25 drafts straight, often 2-3 per draft. They’re definitely one of the bigger Swede-drafting teams.

Obviously, nobody knows what any team is going to do, other than Buffalo taking Dahlin. However, when people say “player X isn’t getting past team Y”, it’s more of a figure of speech - they’re just saying what they think is likely, not actually speaking in absolutes. If Boqvist is still there at 6, you’d imagine the Wings would give him a really good look. He could easily be considered BPA at 6 (or earlier), and the Wings could really use a high skill PMD.

Concussion issues are scary though, totally possible that makes him fall.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
High risk high reward. Personally, I am a fan of his and I am hearing his defensive game is improving.

I would say too high risk, he could well end up spending his career in the SHL or the KHL. Ignoring team needs, I wouldn't take him before 8th or so.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Worth noting that they’ve drafted players out of Sweden every year for the past 25 drafts straight, often 2-3 per draft. They’re definitely one of the bigger Swede-drafting teams.

Obviously, nobody knows what any team is going to do, other than Buffalo taking Dahlin. However, when people say “player X isn’t getting past team Y”, it’s more of a figure of speech - they’re just saying what they think is likely, not actually speaking in absolutes. If Boqvist is still there at 6, you’d imagine the Wings would give him a really good look. He could easily be considered BPA at 6 (or earlier), and the Wings could really use a high skill PMD.

Detroit did not pick any Swedes in 2015.

Edit: Wrong. They did pick a Swiss goalie from Linköping.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
I don´t think this last one is confirmed as a concussion. According to the coach he was dizzy but they didn´t know if it was a concussion. Of course, they played it safe and didn´t play him anymore. The concussion he had in the in the beginning of the season was worse though and as I recall it, he was out for a couple of weeks.
According to Boqvist himself it is a concussion.

Adam Boqvist drabbad av hjärnskakning (only in Swedish though)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Im not talking about later round picks, im talking 1st and 2nd round picks, in which they picked 3 from Sweden since 2005.

Just last year the Wings had 2 highly skilled Swedish D available in their spot. And passed on both to somewhat reach for a controversial big forward from the WHL. The Red Wings currently don't do anything different that other NHL teams. They love size and grit. They maybe once were focused on skill above all else, but Hollands version of the Wings are not that. I do not now who they Wings will pick, nor will I pretend to know. But I do know for a fact there aren't some Swedish D factory who focuses on Swedish D above all else. Because the last "future red Wing", Timmy Liljregren, flew right past the Wings

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Size and physicality aside, does he play a similar game to Burns? I've heard he has an elite shot and offensive ability. Maybe not a totally defensive liability, but can be out of position by stepping up in the play often. Is Boqvist better defensively?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Button: Don't feel Boqvist is in same class as Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard

Button questions his compete level and ability to respond when challenged by better players. Says Hughes, Dobson, and Bouchard are a cut above Boqvist.

What does that even mean? Boqvist vastly outplayed Dobson at the Ivan Hlinka. Hughes wasn't great the U20's and had fewer points in his U18 WC appearance than Boqvist. Bouchard hasn't played many international tournaments but was held pointless when he played the Hlinka last year. So what exactly is he basing this opinion off? League play? News flash: Boqvist dominated his junior league just as much as the other guys did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad