RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
In the first period was it Nordgren can't remember but someone skated between him and his D partner for a breakaway.

Was it at a end if a shift ? Coaches will go over with over and over again, they will literally show him that play on video and make him work on it so he better prepared next time. It’s also not the end of the world If a dman gets “burned”. Happens to the best in the world.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
Was it at a end if a shift ? Coaches will go over with over and over again, they will literally show him that play on video and make him work on it so he better prepared next time. It’s also not the end of the world If a dman gets “burned”. Happens to the best in the world.
Not only that but shouldn't a sure top-5 pick be able to dominate at this level? He was invisible. One game I know but not impressed.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
While on the subject, I think people have a bit too high expectations for highly ranked kids in this tournament. Just because you're ranked as a top5 or top10 pick does not mean you should automatically dominate this tournament. Zadina had 6 points in 5 games last year, Tkachuk had 1 goal and 7 points in 7 games. Hughes had 5 points in 7 games. Yet I only see people complaining about how Boqvist should dominate this tournament when the other guys ranked around him aren't being held to the same standard. 6 points in 6 games is pretty good for a defenseman anyway.

Overall individual scoring in the U18's are rather meaningless. There's been plenty of players who have lit up this tournament and never become anything, while guys who maybe had only a few points or wasn't even good enough to get selected to the team have had great careers. The key to Boqvist anyway is that he is not a finished product. With him you're looking to the future and what he can become with the skillset that he has. In comparison, guys like Tkachuk and Zadina are a lot closer to being finished products. Hughes is also a year older and Wahlstrom is really physically developed already. All are factors you have to keep in mind when ranking and projecting these players.

Now, if Dahlin was playing this tournament then I'd get the sentiment that he should dominate this tournament given his status, hype and what he has done the past two seasons. But a guy like Boqvist or any of the other guys ranked 3-10? No, not really.

Hell, look at Nico Hischier 12 months ago. He had 1 goal and 6 points in 5 games. This year he scored 20 goals and 52 points in the NHL. He didn't need to dominate the U18's to become a successful player, nay, NHLer, less than a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad