GDT: Rd 2, Game 7: Avs @ Sharks | 7 PM MT | May 8, 2019 | Good season guys

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t have an issue with a challenge overturning the call. I like that challenges are available.

My issue is that it was the wrong call. Landeskog tagged up. Everyone is talking about how Landeskog was still in the zone “as the puck entered” but that’s completely irrelvant since he tagged up a second after that.

Plenty of times in a hockey game there’s a player in the zone as the puck enters. It doesn’t mean they can’t touch the puck ever again. It means they need to tag up before the re-attack which is exactly what Landeskog accomplished.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t have an issue with a challenge overturning the call. I like that challenges are available.

My issue is that it was the wrong call. Landeskog tagged up. Everyone is talking about how Landeskog was still in the zone “as the puck entered” but that’s completely irrelvant since he tagged up a second after that.

Plenty of times in a hockey game there’s a player in the zone as the puck enters. It doesn’t mean they can’t touch the puck ever again. It means they need to tag up before the re-attack which is exactly what Landeskog accomplished.

Yup... I'm still salty over here

2qViMUe.gif

Reactions: Murzu and Ararana

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I’ll say one more thing about the game. I would have rather lost in OT then lose like the Avs did. I hate when games are decided by officials I’d rather the two teams battle it out tinthe very end. As a U of M fan I’ve seen them get reemed by officiating every year wether it be football or basketball. It’s truly sickening at this point. I have officiated games before it is tough to make calls some times and it’s a lot of pressure to not screw up but there’s no way that they can call that offsides. First his skate is on the blue and 2nd if it’s that hard to see that then there shouldn’t be any way you can reverse that. It’s sickening that this is how the game ended because I firmly believe the Avs would’ve done it the way they were playing in the 3rd. Regardless of the outcome I’m damn proud of this team. I believe Sakic will improve the team and we’ll be back for years to come.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yup... I'm still salty over here

2qViMUe.gif
It’s funny because at this point I want to be salty. Even if they won Mackinnon wasn’t playing round 3. We would have gotten absolutely embarrassed by the Blues. So really this was the end anyway but I still get to blame the NHL lol.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Remove the blue line if it's going to cause this kind of problems. Only logical thing to do. Would rather Mack not have come back and we lost 7-0 than lose to officiating like that. The arena was dead after that goal... Who knows what would've happened. But we lost so it doesn't matter.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
It's taking me a while to cool off. That overturn call was so bulls**t. It is very clear that Landy tagged up while the other guys were still in the neutral zone so he should have been considered off the ice by rule 74. It is infuriating that they have video reviews and they still get it wrong. Even if they forget about rule 74 and only go by Landy being still offside, how on earth can you call this conclusive?

You know what else I'm still fuming about and nobody is even talking about it? The non-call on the trip on Mack by Karlsson when he was going to be clearly on a breakaway. How isn't that being called? Mack should have got a penalty shot for that trip. Just a joke.

I'm not mad that they lost as I am very happy with the season but losing like this infuriates me. The Wilson's goal and/or a goal from Mack on a penalty shot could have changed the flow of this game completely. The Sharks have been given two passes (aginst Vegas and now us) to reach the Conference finals.

Rant over. Congrats Avs for a great season. Can't wait to see what they can do next season with a couple of changes to the roster.

Let's not forget the blatant Karlsson interference in the O zone, just before Donskoi scores what would be the game winner.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Kind of surprised not more of the media or the hockey experts weighing in on this today. Seems like its getting swept under the rug. I don’t understand how they are all just accepting and agreeing with the call when it’s irrefutably wrong.

Reactions: Flow

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Woke up this morning and f*** I wish the Sharks had scored one more goal so that f***ing rule wasn't what shafted our great season. I mean I get it butterfly effect who knows what changes if that goal counts like it should have, but at the end of the night we were one goal short and the NHL took one goal away for a moronic rule that causes more problems than it was put in place to solve.

Landy had 0% effect on that play, he's just changing. Why the f*** are the doors in SJ not in the nuetral zone.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Kind of surprised not more of the media or the hockey experts weighing in on this today. Seems like its getting swept under the rug. I don’t understand how they are all just accepting and agreeing with the call when it’s irrefutably wrong.

Because its the Avs and nobody cares.

If it happened to any of the bigger clubs it would be the biggest news of the playoffs. But because it happened to a team that barely made the playoffs and against a clear cup contender from the start of the season, it must be the right call and the "better" team won

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay

Because the NHL and the media want Jumbo Joe to beat his former team for his first cup so he can ride off into the sunset, or some bull shit like that.

Reactions: MarkT

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The rest of the hockey world have the conference finals to focus on. We as Avs fans just lost our season. It was absolutely the wrong call but everyone else realizes nothings going to change and they have to focus on their job/interest that’s now at hand. It’ll linger with Avs fans for a lot longer.

Nobody was talking about Vegas once round 2 began even though Vegas fans were definitely still aware that they should still be playing hockey.

Reactions: MarkT

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Woke up this morning and **** I wish the Sharks had scored one more goal so that ****ing rule wasn't what shafted our great season. I mean I get it butterfly effect who knows what changes if that goal counts like it should have, but at the end of the night we were one goal short and the NHL took one goal away for a moronic rule that causeseven cha more problems than it was put in place to solve.

Landy had 0% effect on that play, he's just changing. Why the **** are the doors in SJ not in the nuetral zone.
Deboer is a chump for even challenging that .
Still pissed today

Reactions: mapletreemarty

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Lots a positives for next year maybe Mikko will even learn to stop rolling around the ice and stay on his feet . That aspect of his game alone will keep his salary down .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
**** that noise. Literally anyone but the Sharks at this point in time. I didn't give a **** because we aren't Vegas, but now that we've suffered the same officiating monstrosity that those Vegas fans had to go through?

I hope the Blues sweep the Sharks winning every game 7-0.
I hate the Blues lol
Yeah I dislike the Blues, would much rather see the Sharks win it all besides an Eastern Conference team. It has nothing to do with O'Reilly at all, I don't have any ill towards him like I don't have ill towards Duchene. However, I understand the Av fans opinions if they say they never want to see these blokes win a Cup. My Avs friend hopes neither wins it until MacKinnon wins it and I can respect that. I just have hated the Blues dating back since we had Koci and they had Reaves and Backes. However, they're a better pill to swallow than the likes of Wild, Flames, or Penguins.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006

Once and for all can someone answer something? To tag up does he have to get both skates to the blue line or just one? If just one they messed up and the goal should have counted

If both they got the call right, but the rule and situation are still dumb

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Once and for all can someone answer something? To tag up does he have to get both skates to the blue line or just one? If just one they messed up and the goal should have counted

If both they got the call right, but the rule and situation are still dumb
Just needs to touch blue to successfully “tag up”.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Hello Avs HF..... Blues fan coming in peace. I know you guys heard this plenty of times but you guys really got jobbed by Ref Jose. That game should have been tied and should have least went to OT. That call right there alone shows that the NHL wants a Bos/SJ cup final. I hope we go into Ref Jose and beat the dog sh*t out of them. I was really pulling for a 2001 Western Conference rematch. I know this is weird coming from a Blues fam but out of everyone out of the Central you guys have the brightest future. You guys arguably have one of the best players in MacK and top line in the league and you may have found a #1 Tendy in Grubauer. Makar is going to be a stud as well. And us Blues fans we were so glad you didn’t get the #1 pick to snatch Hughes or Kakko because we knew that would have been lethal. But anyways keep your heads up.... you guys should be proud of your team going this far as an 8th seed. I think the Avs and the Blues will be dominating the Central for years to come. We will avenge you guys !

Reactions: DinnerMints

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad