GDT: Rd 2, Game 7: Avs @ Sharks | 7 PM MT | May 8, 2019 | Good season guys

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Still waiting for someone to show me video evidence Landy DIDN'T tag up since the league now wants to die on that hill. The longer this goes on, the more bush league the NHL looks. Release video evidence that Landy never touched the blue line, or admit you f***ed up royally.

I hope the Sharks beat the Blues (f*** OReilly) and then get destroyed in the finals.

Good on Landy to take responsibility and not blame it on shit reffing. Good on Bednar to not want to even talk about it. This team will be back very very soon and be bigger, stronger, and even better.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is there a logical reason why GM's who don't have anything to do with what's happening on the ice are the people voting on whether or not to keep the offside reviews?

Seriously. The NHL is the most ass-backwards league in all of professional sports. No wonder they can't gain any traction on the other three.

Reactions: Arcade Fire

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Well here there 2 problem that I see ,

1- Is that Landeskog took time to text is girlfriend and taking a selfie with a fan before getting off the ice , like seriously guys in a very important game like this this could still be called a to many mans on ice penality. I don't care how tired he was thos sloppy change up shouldnt never and I mean NEVER be a thing form the get go.Especially in playoff mode.

2- the door bench even for Defense and Offence shouldnt never be on the offense blue line, I seen many arena with a different proportion and bench door are never the same. I understand thats its faster for defense to change up behind their own blue line , but still I seen so many either ''too many man on ice'' or '' goal disallowed'' or '' goal allowed'' with players still a stake on ice while trying to change up.

Gabriel Landeskog is the ONLY ONE to be blame for that goal , and thinking this goal surely was the biggest turn over of this game . Am not a Avs fan or either against Sharks , but if that would happen to my team , I would want my coach to bench that lazy piece of crap the moment the goal is refuse till the end. Doesnt matter if the guy is Captain , or their best player.

Congrats to the Sharks moving on , and tough loss to Avs , a very good year , Raatanen and Mackinnon were in fire.

Please go back to your own board.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
I just watched the video again, and it still is 100% impossible to say whether his skate was still touching the blue or not. Has any his res footage been released since last night? The NHL keeps sayed they called something that we, as viewers, aren't allowed to see.

Also, everyone is arguing the about the "spirit of the rule", which is absurb and a reason for the rule to change this summer...but the issue with this game is still that the NHL broke THE RULE BOOK so that they COULD break the "spirit of the rule".

The rule book states that there needs to be conclusive footage to overturn the call, and anyone who thinks they can actually discern a measurement smaller than a single pixel of resolution, is, objectively lying. Including the NHL.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
3EA9054C-6CD4-41F4-AD49-66959EE0B884.jpeg

What a ****ing nightmare this call is. I’d like to know who the ***clown in Toronto is who actually overturned that goal... Tempted to actually try the number.

Reactions: MacBradley

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
I’m still so damn sad.

Can’t wait for Radar to knock these ****s out.
Last night has caused an existential crisis of epic proportions for me. Prior to the series I said I'd want the Sharks to win it all if they beat the Avs and that there was no way in hell I'd cheer for ROR's success. But after what happened last night, I can no longer cheer for a Sharks Stanley Cup but I also really don't want to cheer for the Blues and O'Reilly. Is there a way for both teams to lose? :laugh:

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
If this were done to Crosby leaving the ice or scoring/assisting the goal, the league WOULD NOT have overturned this. And if they would have, it would already be considered the one of the worst officiating %&*$ ups in NHL history.

I hate the NHL.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
The weird thing from my point of view is the focus on where Landy was when the puck crossed the line. That doesn't matter, what matters is what Landy did after the puck entered the zone and before MacKinnon touched the puck. Delayed offsides don't get blown until the person who is offside gets involved in the play (clearly not the case here), or another player touches the puck. If Landy touched the line after the puck entered the zone, or got off the ice, then it is not an offside call.

This is my view as well, and it’s whats mostly racked my brain. Nobody seems to be talking about this either which makes me feel like I’m missing something super obvious. This play shouldn’t be blown offside until an Avalanche player touches the puck in the offensive zone no? By the time Mack reaches the puck in the zone, Landeskog is surely into the bench by then

I don’t get why it’s just automatically offside the moment the puck crosses the line.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I couldn’t care less about ROR’s success if it’s for any other team besides us.

What I do care for is the $2300 I’ll win if St. Louis wins the cup. Go Blues go.

Gloria! Gloria!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Per Blues fans ROR seems currently extremely injured anyways.

Really feel extremely apathetic about the rest of the playoffs. Absolutely do not want to see the Sharks win after something like that happened. Can't really stand the Blues either, but I think I have to cheer harder against the Sharks than I cheer agains the Blues in this next round. But I'd love if they found a way to each disqualify themselves. Can't stand the Bruins and Boston sports fans are bad enough, especially given all the success of their franchises. The Canes are the least dislike-able club, but I'm by far the most apathetic about them even though seeing a small market underdog win seems objectively fun.

Losing in that manner on a blown call really took it out of me. Might not watch much hockey until next season at this rate. Maybe go watch some footage of draft prospects instead.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I've got no interest in obsessing over the video. It's not going to change anything. If someone in the league office obsesses over it and gets the ball rolling to modify the rules, so be it, they can do something about it. We can't.

The season is over because they ended up playing a do or die game 7 in a tough place to play, and they didn't play well enough to overcome the many obstacles they faced, whether it was having to win a game 7 in the shark tank, or having a goal called back. This will fuel them next year to be in a better position, so game 7s might be at the Pepsi Center, or they are ready give their best effort in a game 7 on the road. Had they done that yesterday there might be more of a reason to isolate the call as a reason they lost. But there are so many other reasons.

Reactions: flyfysher

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Questionable officiating is awful. It's also part of the game. We should have been effective on the PP in order to win. Simple as that. In the POs, your team's weaknesses are exposed and will hurt them.

Still, there are so many positives. The Avs weren't expected to fall just short of making the WCF. The experience was invaluable. It made our players hungry. That will serve them well in the future. It also showed who the guys are that come to play when the game is on the line in the POs. Sakic took a huge amount of grief for signing Cole and Calvert. Well, he was right. Even so, the Avs established they are definitely in their cup window and it will be interesting to see how Sakic responds on the FA market and with trades if at all. I'm a little leery of him making a costly FA signing for a couple of years while waiting for a draft prospect to develop. A 2 year deal may be too costly to be palatable.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
People in here are really STILL bitching about the call. Like that’s the only reason they lost yesterday.

Just move on man. That’s hockey. It wasn’t even THAT cut and dry that it was a bad call to me. It wasn’t obvious and at best we’re still tied and who knows we don’t lose the game anyway. So why cry over hypotheticals?

50/50 calls didn’t go the Avs way. But they should’ve played better in multiple games and didn’t. Finished off multiple opportunities yesterday and other games and didn’t.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
People in here are really STILL *****ing about the call. Like that’s the only reason they lost yesterday.

Just move on man. That’s hockey. It wasn’t even THAT cut and dry that it was a bad call to me. It wasn’t obvious and at best we’re still tied and who knows we don’t lose the game anyway. So why cry over hypotheticals?

50/50 calls didn’t go the Avs way. But they should’ve played better in multiple games and didn’t. Finished off multiple opportunities yesterday and other games and didn’t.
Exactly, it wasn't clear so there's no way they should've taken a goal away. That's completely ****ed.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People in here are really STILL *****ing about the call. Like that’s the only reason they lost yesterday.

It was very cut and dry that it was a bad call.

Absolutely without question they got it wrong. And sure you could say that getting it right still doesn't guarantee an Avs win last night. But it would have made a hell of a difference.

2-2 halfway through the second and all the momentum after tying it up from being down 2-0 in the 1st. Or 3-1 down after a missed call reverses your goal and the Sharks score just a couple minutes later and have all the momentum in the game again and a massive mountain to climb for the Avs.

It was a huge difference and if you get that call right you could absolutely be talking about Avs/Blues game 1 Saturday instead of what gold course the boys get to play on first this week.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I have personally accepted what happened last night happened. The team is responsible for their response to what happened, however justified or not it was.

Having said that, I still don't understand what happened and that bothers me. I don't get how it is not a delayed offside, I don't understand how a reversal was made so quickly, I don't see the conclusiveness required to overturn an on-ice call, I don't get how they didn't care what Landy did after the puck entered the zone and before Mack touched it. These things seem important. None of it makes sense and whilst I can shrug it off and say shit happens, the logical thinker in me wants to comprehend how the call was made and why. If I had that information I would then have to accept it and move on never to think about it again. But we don't really have anything from the league apart from citing a rule which doesn't even seem to properly apply to the situation. The unfortunate thing is we likely will never get a full explanation and so there will always be this doubt.

But the way we responded to Mack getting injured was horrid. The way we responded to the overturned goal was horrid. Those things are on the team. It is sport, shit happens and you either let it get you down (as we did), or you power on through it. Maybe that's an experience thing and maybe the boys learned their lesson that the game is not over until the final whistle goes. We gave up when Mack got hurt and we gave up again after the tying goal. We must do better.

And we could have won this game, we may not have, but we were in it and had we played the way we played in the third for the entire game maybe we sink another couple of goals and today we're all yeehawing and high-fiving rather than scouring the internet for a video grab that shows that Landy was offside.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
The avs didn't play well enough and a bad call changed the outcome of the game. Both of these things are true, it doesn't have to be either/or.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thats the thing though. If the second goal counts everything after it happens differently. The game doesn't play out the same, no Donskoi goal or Jost goal, powerplays play out differently, hell we might get dominated there on out and lose 5-2. We don't get that scenario because the league decides that a 480P camera zoomed is enough proof that Landy lifted his entire skate off at the exact moment or he didn't tag up.

In a series where both teams scored nearly the same amount of goals up until that point, each goal matters and having a good goal taken away significantly changed the game. If we lost straight up I would have had no issues with SJ winning the cup (hard fought, clean series), but after losing like we did it would be a hard pill to swallow thinking it could've been us in their shoes.
Yah I see your point and its more then fair. Maybe we take the lead or maybe we lose 5-2 who knows. My main point is we had our chances to tie it again and even take the lead and we didn't. Blaming the NHL for the shitty rule is too easy an out imo. The Avs didn't play well enough to win. It would have hurt a ton more if we were playing great and that call went against us. Landy took ownership of that play and that's ultimately where it starts as he and the guys on the bench should have shown more urgency getting that latch open.

Reactions: drhiii

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
It was very cut and dry that it was a bad call.

Absolutely without question they got it wrong. And sure you could say that getting it right still doesn't guarantee an Avs win last night. But it would have made a hell of a difference.

2-2 halfway through the second and all the momentum after tying it up from being down 2-0 in the 1st. Or 3-1 down after a missed call reverses your goal and the Sharks score just a couple minutes later and have all the momentum in the game again and a massive mountain to climb for the Avs.

It was a huge difference and if you get that call right you could absolutely be talking about Avs/Blues game 1 Saturday instead of what gold course the boys get to play on first this week.

You can play the "what if" game all you want, but to what end? What's the point? I know it's human nature to run around in circles when you're frustrated, but eventually everyone involved has to move on and look ahead... both the team and the fans.

Reactions: flyfysher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad