Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Assuming Bryan is the champion after EC...

Of course he'll be champion after EC. His schtick is working way too well and elevating way too many people to not keep him going on as champ. I don't think DB needs a true marquee Mania match this go-around. Just have him open up the show against Mustafa and retain the title. DB will make a new main event caliber baby face that can take the title off him by Summerslam if they treat Ali right.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Of course he'll be champion after EC. His schtick is working way too well and elevating way too many people to not keep him going on as champ. I don't think DB needs a true marquee Mania match this go-around. Just have him open up the show against Mustafa and retain the title. DB will make a new main event caliber baby face that can take the title off him by Summerslam if they treat Ali right.

That'd be a hell of a push for Ali, so soon after his debut. What's it been, a month? Maybe two?

Also, you're asking Creative to justify giving Ali the title shot when DB manages to already beat him at EC, as well as Joe, Orton, and Hardy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He's defending in the chamber, it was confirmed last night on Smackdown.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That'd be a hell of a push for Ali, so soon after his debut. What's it been, a month? Maybe two?

Also, you're asking Creative to justify giving Ali the title shot when DB manages to already beat him at EC, as well as Joe, Orton, and Hardy.

I think given the environment and what the card is looking like at Mania that that's the best way to go. DB-Ali opening Mania for 15-20 minutes is a good way to get the show started. I don't see anyone else other than maybe the final blow-off with AJ being a good option here. You can protect Ali from Bryan and also justify a title match pretty easily. Once Bryan wins the match, they'll have to set something up on TV to provide Bryan a Mania challenger and you just have Ali win that.

He's defending in the chamber, it was confirmed last night on Smackdown.

That's in reference to Mania, not EC. Have Bryan-Ali open up Mania and go 20 minutes with Bryan retaining. I'd love to have Bryan open up Mania with a promo before the match preaching his values. lol

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If Ali is getting a mania title program, then SD has a real lack of babyfaces....

I'd love to see Joe/Bryan, even if it does break with the face/heel dynamic. Or Wyatt/Bryan for the history....

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Ali is getting a mania title program, then SD has a real lack of babyfaces....

I'd love to see Joe/Bryan, even if it does break with the face/heel dynamic. Or Wyatt/Bryan for the history....

Smackdown does have a real lack of baby faces. Bryan is the reason why Ali is even in the EC match to begin with and could solidify him with a great showing to open the biggest show of the year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ali shouldn’t get that match so soon.

Give it to Mysterio or Jeff if you must, but Ali is too soon.

I’m still all aboard on Bryan/Almas/Mysterio.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With Rey not even being in the EC match, I have a strong feeling it's gonna be him and Bryan at Mania.
Yeah they’ll probably set up something, maybe a tournament, to culminate at Fastlane to determine Bryan’s challenger.

Rey vs. Andrade in the finals. Rey wins, or it’s a draw (time limit draw, yo) and Triple H makes it a triple threat.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ali shouldn’t get that match so soon.

Give it to Mysterio or Jeff if you must, but Ali is too soon.

I’m still all aboard on Bryan/Almas/Mysterio.

I view it as a way to make people forget that he was eliminated by Nia Jax at the Rumble in a pretty crappy way and deserves a good spot for doing that. I personally have no desire to see Mysterio or Jeff against DB at Mania. And I don't think they're done with Almas-Mysterio enough to transition them into the title picture either after EC for Mania. I think you either finish what's left of AJ-Bryan or you use it to showcase a new talent in the main event picture and Ali is the best candidate for that at this point.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I view it as a way to make people forget that he was eliminated by Nia Jax at the Rumble in a pretty crappy way and deserves a good spot for doing that. I personally have no desire to see Mysterio or Jeff against DB at Mania. And I don't think they're done with Almas-Mysterio enough to transition them into the title picture either after EC for Mania. I think you either finish what's left of AJ-Bryan or you use it to showcase a new talent in the main event picture and Ali is the best candidate for that at this point.
I don’t think Ali is ready for that spot. Even with the Nia elimination he still had a good showing in the Rumble and eliminated Joe.

I suspect Ali will take part in a multi-man US Title ladder match.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don’t think Ali is ready for that spot. Even with the Nia elimination he still had a good showing in the Rumble and eliminated Joe.

I suspect Ali will take part in a multi-man US Title ladder match.

The spot is wrestling Daniel Bryan opening Mania and losing the match. I think he's plenty ready for that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Did they ever do Danielson vs. Mysterio?
Not recently.

Bryan vs. Mysterio would be sick.

I also don’t agree with the WWE Title opening Wrestlemania. That spot can easily go to the multi-man ladder match they end up doing.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not recently.

Bryan vs. Mysterio would be sick.

I also don’t agree with the WWE Title opening Wrestlemania. That spot can easily go to the multi-man ladder match they end up doing.

I think they need to drop the multi-man ladder match gimmick honestly. Save that for Money in the Bank.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
How does anyone have the desire to see Rey or Orton in the title picture again, what is this 2010????

Give Ali the chance to become the new Rey type underdog, they need to develop now wrestlers and you don’t know what you have until you try.

Give Ali a chance.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They didn't do one last year but I am also fine with them keeping the ladder match mainly because the roster is so gigantic and there are people they need to get onto the card. Not that I'm justifying throwing people on the card just for the sake of it (WM20 did this and it was awful) but the roster now is so talented that there are guys that might not get on the card just because of numbers even if they deserve it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's the best way to get a lot of guys onto the card.

Frankly, the WrestleMania ladder match is always fun.

I prefer the battle royal to being that instrument than the ladder match simply because there's a PPV built around such a match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How does anyone have the desire to see Rey or Orton in the title picture again, what is this 2010????

Give Ali the chance to become the new Rey type underdog, they need to develop now wrestlers and you don’t know what you have until you try.

Give Ali a chance.
Rey’s work is so good right now. I have no problem with him being a challenger to the title for WM.

If Ali was immediately thrust into the title match at Wrestlemania y’all would complain that it’s a rush job. Hell, I suggested Bryan/Rey/Andrade and still had people tell me it was too soon for Andrade. Why wouldn’t it be too soon for Ali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad