Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm also not a fan of Rey in the match but I've also never been a fan of him. I won't deny though his ring work has been outstanding since returning.

Honestly, I wanted Styles/Joe/Bryan but there's probably no way of doing that anymore with the EC match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm also not a fan of Rey in the match but I've also never been a fan of him. I won't deny though his ring work has been outstanding since returning.

Honestly, I wanted Styles/Joe/Bryan but there's probably no way of doing that anymore with the EC match.
Styles has been in the picture too long. He’s boring me now as a character. He needs something fresh.

I fully expect Styles vs. Orton.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They didn't do one last year but I am also fine with them keeping the ladder match mainly because the roster is so gigantic and there are people they need to get onto the card. Not that I'm justifying throwing people on the card just for the sake of it (WM20 did this and it was awful) but the roster now is so talented that there are guys that might not get on the card just because of numbers even if they deserve it.

They’re going to move to 2-day Wrestlemanias anyways.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not this year but I think they were looking into it.

NJPW might be looking at doing the same for WK iirc

How would that even work?

Thursday - Hall of Fame in the Afternoon, TakeOver at night
Friday - SmackDown
Saturday - 3 hour show?
Sunday - 3 hour show?
Monday - RAW

I would almost argue that you should cancel SmackDown and RAW of WrestleMania weekend

HOF- Thursday
TakeOver - Friday
WM Part 1 - Saturday
WM Part 2 - Sunday

then a break (other than any house shows) until Wednesday with NXT, SmackDown on Friday, and RAW on Monday

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

theyre confirmed to be doing 2 nights at the Dome but noone knows if its a 2 night WK or if they are just doing New Years Dash there the night after

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They’ll do it now almost specifically because New Japan is. It’ll also bury business of independents running on Saturdays.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They’ll do it now almost specifically because New Japan is. It’ll also bury business of independents running on Saturdays.
It’s going to be weird scheduling wise, though, like Cor mentioned. Unless they plan on doing the HOF the same day as Takeover or something, and even then Smackdown is going to be a Friday show.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How would that even work?

Thursday - Hall of Fame in the Afternoon, TakeOver at night
Friday - SmackDown
Saturday - 3 hour show?
Sunday - 3 hour show?
Monday - RAW

I would almost argue that you should cancel SmackDown and RAW of WrestleMania weekend

HOF- Thursday
TakeOver - Friday
WM Part 1 - Saturday
WM Part 2 - Sunday

then a break (other than any house shows) until Wednesday with NXT, SmackDown on Friday, and RAW on Monday
Fox says: "No, you won't be skipping your TV show that we are paying a ton of money for on your biggest weekend of the year."

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It’s going to be weird scheduling wise, though, like Cor mentioned. Unless they plan on doing the HOF the same day as Takeover or something, and even then Smackdown is going to be a Friday show.
It's the hall of fame, it's the least important part of the weekend. Just do it at Summerslam or something.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Fox says: "No, you won't be skipping your TV show that we are paying a ton of money for on your biggest weekend of the year."

I never said it would happen, I should it should happen.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's the hall of fame, it's the least important part of the weekend. Just do it at Summerslam or something.
I was thinking they just trot them out during one of the days of WM on stage and they can say a few words for the YouTube page and network, and the big name of the bunch can have some more time or something.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Weren't the WWE thinking of selling the broadcast rights to a network for WrestleMania?

Would splitting it increase the worth, or lower it?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I was thinking they just trot them out during one of the days of WM on stage and they can say a few words for the YouTube page and network, and the big name of the bunch can have some more time or something.

No, they should do a formal induction.

Either make it the afternoon of TakeOver day, or the morning of one of the WrestleMania days, or move it to the Rumble weekend.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’ll be immaterial what they do with Takeover and the Hall of Fame. Or they’ll just do NXT on the Saturday part of Wrestlemania. If they get a stadium for a second night, they won’t give a shit what happens to Takeover. It’ll be Hunter’s problem to deal with anyways. I’m sure Vince is getting sick of hearing how Takeover is always better.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Weren't the WWE thinking of selling the broadcast rights to a network for WrestleMania?

Would splitting it increase the worth, or lower it?
I don't think it was a case of them wanting to sell, more them being open to listening if anyone wanted to throw a ton of money at them. So I wouldn't think they'd care much about it and just make the event make sense internally business wise.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Rey’s work is so good right now. I have no problem with him being a challenger to the title for WM.

If Ali was immediately thrust into the title match at Wrestlemania y’all would complain that it’s a rush job. Hell, I suggested Bryan/Rey/Andrade and still had people tell me it was too soon for Andrade. Why wouldn’t it be too soon for Ali?

Ali has pinned more legit talent than Andrade tbf. The booking would probably be a bit more seamless.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It does seem too soon for Ali to be in a title match at Mania, but I'd be fine with it.

I'm a-okay with Rey there though. He's been awesome.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think you could put Ali in the title match if the match was in the mid-card on the actual show. I don't think he should main event the show, but you've got the Ronda and Lesnar matches for that.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ali is boring. Mysterio is boring. Nothing interesting is happening except Dean leaving.

Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would have preferred Ali in the Rumble title match. I remember those title matches used to be “experimental” to see how a talent would handle that opportunity and the Rumble itself was a draw. I don’t know why they wanted to do a super card and do Bryan/Styles again so soon. I would have done Bryan/Ali at the Rumble and done the Bryan/Styles blow off at WM in 2/3 falls.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NXT tapings tonight.

Sounds like Io Shirai/Shayna Baszler and Dream/Gargano are the directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad