OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
American Graffitti 8/10 especially the music.

So many new stars to be...Ron Howard, Richard Dreyfuss to name a couple. I saw this about 5 times at the movies when I was a kid and discovered it was on Netflix.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
American Graffitti 8/10 especially the music.

So many new stars to be...Ron Howard, Richard Dreyfuss to name a couple. I saw this about 5 times at the movies when I was a kid and discovered it was on Netflix.

Not to mention Mackenzie Phillips, Cindy Williams, Suzanne Somers, and Harrison Ford. Big key for Ford getting his role in Star Wars because of this movie too, since Lucas directed it for Coppola, who produced it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I watched Selma last night and given the times we are in, I consider it must watch. Ava Duvernay directed a piece that is educational, provocative and thought provoking. She should have won an Oscar for Best Director.

If I offend anyone, it wasn’t my intention.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
get outta here...........no way.

Yep. I know.

How is that possible? Literally one of the greatest clean movies of all time.

I knew most of the lines from my friends over the years lol

Were you living in the woods with a pack of wolves?

No. But I did play a drinking game where friends were naming movies, most I hadn’t seen, and it did not end well for me lol

Also watched Star Wars (Episodes I thru IX and Rogue One) and Back to the Future for the first time too.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
The Lovebirds

Meh, a few laughs here and there but mostly pretty forgettable. Fine to pass away 90 minutes.

5/10

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Night and the City (1950)

Film noir classic (if you like that genre)

Richard Widmark in the lead (shows great wheels running through the back alleys of London)

Co-stars Herbert Lom (Inspector Dreyfus of Pink Panther fame) and Gene Tierey (Laura)

9/10

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Richard Widmark in the lead (shows great wheels running through the back alleys of London)

Co-stars Herbert Lom (Inspector Dreyfus of Pink Panther fame) and Gene Tierey (Laura)

9/10
I LOVE this movie.

Bought the Criterion BluRay a couple of years ago. I just love it.

Noir is my fave.

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Uncut Gems

5.5/10

If you like Tarantino type films, you’ll at least moderately enjoy this. Definitely felt to me like one of those “style over substance” films.

Plenty of chaos. Some occasional laughs. Rather depressing given the current time because it highlights the fact that some people have absolutely no maximum threshold when it comes to greed and putting innocent people at risk.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Hotel Mumbai (2018)

Very well made movie depicting the real life terrorist attacks in Mumbai in 2008. It captures the fear the guests in the hotel must have felt very well and it is very tense throughout. Fantastic acting also.

8/10

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005

9/10

Have you watched the 1992 remake with De Niro in the Harry Fabian role?

And film noir is a big favorite in our household, we eat it up.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Have you watched the 1992 remake with De Niro in the Harry Fabian role?

And film noir is a big favorite in our household, we eat it up.
Oh that movie was awful. :laugh:

Love seeing fellow Noir fans around here. I’m the only one in my house who cares, but I have a pretty sizeable collection and set up a personal “movie theatre” in my garage. I head out some evenings after long days and plunk in a random. A happy place for me.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I was just thinking - Has Daneil Day-Lewis ever been in a bad movie? In the Name of the Father, There will be Blood, Gangs of New York, My Left Foot, etc......

Leo is as close as we have to his modern equivalent I think. Very selective in his roles and very careful about who he works with.
Speaking of Daniel Day Lewis, The Boxer is another fantastic movie which I haven't seen in ages, must rewatch that sometime.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad