OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I thought it might be a good idea to start a dedicated movie thread with a theme of rating the last movie you watched out of 10.

Discussion, recommendations and general thoughts on movies are also very much welcome as are favourite clips, upcoming movie trailers etc..

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Uncut Gems starring Adam Sandler.
I've never been a huge fan of Sandler's comedy work with the exception of maybe Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer. I do think he has proven to be a good actor though when he takes on more weightier roles. Punch Drunk Love, Reign Over Me and Funny People all spring to mind and Uncut Gems falls into that category for me. I thought he was fantastic in it and the Safdie brothers are proving to be interesting film makers.

7.5/10

WreckedUm

Damn near killed ‘em
Nov 25, 2018
Last Flag Flying

Bryan Cranston, Lawrence Fishburne, and Steve Carell are fantastic in this film.

10/10

Reactions: PlayMakers

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
We rented Trolls 2 for my daughters. They loved it and thought it was better than the original movie. I thought it was not nearly as good as the first one, and would give this a 6/10.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I'm watching the Marvel movies in order of storyline sequence (as opposed to release date). Have never seen any of them previously. Just finished "Captain America: Civil War." As a whole, I give the movies a 9/10 for entertainment value (they're comic books, after all), but Civil War gets a 7/10. "Spider Man: Homecoming" is up next.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'm watching the Marvel movies in order of storyline sequence (as opposed to release date). Have never seen any of them previously. Just finished "Captain America: Civil War." As a whole, I give the movies a 9/10 for entertainment value (they're comic books, after all), but Civil War gets a 7/10. "Spider Man: Homecoming" is up next.

The kids and I re-watched all of the Marvel movies in the chronological order (not release date) leading up to the release of Endgame. It was a blast. It took us two months but it made for a great movie night ritual and we all have our favorites. Really amazing the scope of that series, it's never been done. And for all of the movies to be so good, so entertaining. Amazing.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
The Wretched 7/10.

pretty good IFC midnight horror flick. Worth a watch if you like the genre. Some copout writing but everything else was very well done.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
The kids and I re-watched all of the Marvel movies in the chronological order (not release date) leading up to the release of Endgame. It was a blast. It took us two months but it made for a great movie night ritual and we all have our favorites. Really amazing the scope of that series, it's never been done. And for all of the movies to be so good, so entertaining. Amazing.
The scope and quality are both, indeed, very high. Thoroughly enjoying it. But how is it possible they're not all on Disney +? Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't available until 5/20 on FX, unless I rent from Amazon Prime. Very disappointing the entire catalog isn't part of the Disney + subscription.

Reactions: PlayMakers

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The scope and quality are both, indeed, very high. Thoroughly enjoying it. But how is it possible they're not all on Disney +? Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't available until 5/20 on FX, unless I rent from Amazon Prime. Very disappointing the entire catalog isn't part of the Disney + subscription.

They made some contracts prior to planning the service that had ends dates in mid 2020, and even in some cases 2021. they could have delayed the service for 2 years but that didn't make sense.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I saw matchstick men yesterday. I give it a 6.5. It was pretty good. But for con artist movies of the early 2000s catch me if you can is the class

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I watched the Korean film Old Boy a few days ago. If you can find it with English subtitles, that's the way to go. You get used to them after about 5-10 minutes. The film is beautifully shot, and the story unfolds so well. The ending is just... insane. 10/10. Best movie I've seen in many years.

If you are into Korean films you should watch The Man From Nowhere. It is one of my all time favourite movies and so well made.
I enjoyed Old Boy aswell but it got a little too weird for my taste in places.

Reactions: armydoc19

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Anybody ever watch Murder by Death? I haven't seen it since I was probably a teenager.

As a side note, is there a movie or show that James Cromwell hasn't been in? lol

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'd suggest The Gentleman by Guy Ritchie. Collin Farrel is truly brilliant. Excellent Ritchie movie a la his Snatch, Lock Stock....., and RocknRolla genre. I really enjoyed it. 9 out of 10 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad