OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Endless

labeled as a death cult movie, and turns out to be something far better. Two brothers visit a community they were part of as kids... I don’t even wanna give anything else away but it’s damn creative.

7/10

Replying to myself because I realized that there's a prequel of sorts to this one

Resolution

It's really bad. Boring. Slow. Slow. Slow. Nothing happens and I spent 90 minutes waiting for a big reveal that just never came. Watch The Endless, skip Resolution. Only for originality I give it a 4/10

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Dangerous Lies

young couple hard up for money find themselves coming into a massive inheritance. But is it legitimate, and who is involved?

Acting is abysmal. Story is painfully slow to progress. Characters have no depth. The double twist is Charmin soft. Ultimately, I’m annoyed I’m up at 1230 having to write about because it sucked.

3/10, I’m being generous.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Seems high. Granted, I haven’t seen it since high school, but I don’t remember it being that...memorable?

this is the Zach Galifinakis ski comedy right?
Yep, that's the one.

It's not that memorable, but re-watching it for the first time in like 15 years I got a good chuckle.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yep, that's the one.

It's not that memorable, but re-watching it for the first time in like 15 years I got a good chuckle.

i remember the “just got a hummer” joke, and something about hitting a trail with your pants down.

I’ll have to watch again

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watched both Major Leagues and wondered what happened to the Japanese one. Didnt realize Mr. Baseball was something different. Just started it but I can already tell how this movie will go.

Selleck eventually guys into the Japanese way of baseball, then somehow he plays his old team, they want him at the end of the game because his team won and he says no..................am I right?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I have found when in doubt Boondock Saints is always a good choice. 2nd one was kinda meh, back story is kinda wack and what happened to one dudes face? He seemed to hella aged in between movies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Oh 1917 is free on demand right now.

be back in 119 minutes

EDIT:

INCREDIBLE. I don't know if it's SPR level incredible, but I don't know that anything ever will be. The score, the planning, the emotion, all top notch. I damn near wept for the final 10 minutes. Just on the verge of a breakdown the entire time. It's an extremely powerful and impressive film.

No idea, maybe 8.5...9/10?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee Wally

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Rewatched BOTH Boondock saints. 1st is always great. As I said before 2nd is meh. Sucks wont be a 3rd.

rewatched "Escape from New York" movie old as hell but special effects are hilarious. Now to continue LA cuz I fell asleep last night

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The Lighthouse.

7/10 for acting.
But very disturbing movie. Almost wish I didn’t watch it.

We watched it....it's one of those movies you watch because you know it's going to get better....and you wait....and you wait...and when it doesn't you keep watching to see what is going to happen...

then at the end you are thinking....well that was weird as hell....and you aren't sure if you get it or if it totally sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad