OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Finally got around to watching 1BR, which was about what I expected. Kinda. I was hoping they could flesh it out more. It’s not terrible but I hoped for better. A little bit of sudden gore that comes out of nowhere, really terrible ending

5/10

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Trainwreck (2015) 6.5/10

Amy Schumer and Bill Hader.

Too raunchy for my liking but it made me laugh really hard a number of times.

Hader and Lebron James have a few excellent scenes together.

What was annoying about this movie to me (and it’s I only saw it once when it was in theaters) was that it was called “Trainwreck” but portrayed a pretty much completely functional white woman with some relatively light emotional issues that needed to be resolved. Ie they dubbed down the term “Trainwreck” for an upper middle class audience. Expected, but when the premise of the movie is about how one’s life is a mess, it’s lame. I guess it is a comedy...

And I actually don’t mind Amy Schumer in general and think she can be pretty funny. Have never understood the resounding hate. She had some pretty funny bits on her Comedy Central show.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What was annoying about this movie to me (and it’s I only saw it once when it was in theaters) was that it was called “Trainwreck” but portrayed a pretty much completely functional white woman with some relatively light emotional issues that needed to be resolved. Ie they dubbed down the term “Trainwreck” for an upper middle class audience. Expected, but when the premise of the movie is about how one’s life is a mess, it’s lame. I guess it is a comedy...

And I actually don’t mind Amy Schumer in general and think she can be pretty funny. Have never understood the resounding hate. She had some pretty funny bits on her Comedy Central show.

Well, it was pretty clear the young woman was an alcoholic who hit the sack with most of the men she made eye contact with (and 3 women). For me that's close enough to a "trainwreck".

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Polaroid

girl finds old ass Polaroid camera and discovers that whoever i has their picture taken with it, dies.

it’s bad. If this came out during the time when PG13 horror was “in” (The Grudge, I’m looking at you) then it may have been acceptable, but that was what 20 years ago?

Edit. Nope. Going lower. 2/10 instead of 3 for zero depth.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Just watched Coco from Pixar. I thought it was incredibly well done. The story, acting and visuals were outstanding and exactly what one would expect from Pixar. The movie touches on some more mature themes, but doesn't feel like it is taking itself too serious like other Pixar movies.

The only negative I have is some of the comedy fell flat for me.

9.5/10

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Random stupid thought. What if they did a Big Daddy part 2. But the kid is now a single father getting help from like Adam Sandler and some the people from the first one............

reminds me I am waiting on Grown Ups 3

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just watched Coco from Pixar. I thought it was incredibly well done. The story, acting and visuals were outstanding and exactly what one would expect from Pixar. The movie touches on some more mature themes, but doesn't feel like it is taking itself too serious like other Pixar movies.

The only negative I have is some of the comedy fell flat for me.

9.5/10

agreed. Visually stunning. Theming and colors probably the best they’ve ever done. Beautiful story throughout as well. It is actually quite powerful at times as well. Not a dry eye in my house. Not opening act of Up level sobbing, but there were onions cut.

they absolutely need a Coco ride at Disney. With how amazing they are with creating fully immersive worlds in the queue and ride experiences, it just needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad