Your grade...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Bruins were dead for years a few years ago

the Habs started the season 9-1 and the Bruins started at home 0-2-1 and there was a big thread on Main Board titled tongue in check I’m sure ‘Will the Bruins Ever Win Another Game,.

Wally or Fenway probably closed it message was clear.

the Leafs and Jets were on the cover of the Hockey News as the next big thing,

The Leafs young stars got to $10 + M per year contracts before the dynasty won a single playoff round

Dat 'stache is sooooooo luscious tho...:naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You think that was the ask? Gryz & Bjork for Palmieri?
Yes. The first getting traded was a foundational piece. You aren’t getting Palmeiri for Heinen & Zboril. The Devils need guys that can play and have character. They dealt Vatenen. They would want someone with some experience who’s young and can play on a the backend Hello Matt Grzelcyk.

that’s what I got

pass

Reactions: Over the volcano

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yes. The first getting traded was a foundational piece. You aren’t getting Palmeiri for Heinen & Zboril. The Devils need guys that can play and have character. They dealt Vatenen. They would want someone with some experience who’s young and can play on a the backend Hello Matt Grzelcyk.

that’s what I got

pass
It'd make it tough too to resign Krug - which might end up removing Grzelcyk and Krug from the roster which would be disastrous in a couple ways.

Reactions: DKH

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
B+.

I thought both the moves were very good in the short and long term.

I like that none of the guys they brought on were pure rentals.

Not an A because they didn't land a big fish.
These are all my reasons too. Also my grade (B+). I liked that both the moves added cap flexibility for next year, while only giving up the first (which should be pretty low 1st anyway) and improving the NHL roster. But yeah, would have loved someone like Palmieri, but Fitzgerald basically said a team would have to really overpay ("blow [his] socks off") to get him, and I'm glad the Bruins didn't do that.

Reactions: wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It'd make it tough too to resign Krug - which might end up removing Grzelcyk and Krug from the roster which would be disastrous in a couple ways.
A first, Heinen, and Zboril for Palmeiri looks solid but the first Is a big chip and you take it out then where you go?

Reactions: 22Brad Park

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
DS filled 2 needs and didn't give up any top prospects or engaged roster players! He also cleared cap space while only giving up a 1st pick that will likely be 25th at the earliest. I'm happy with the day although , I would have liked Athenasiou for what he went for.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
All true, but it may be counter-acted by improvements from the likes of McAvoy, Carlo, Lauzon/Clifton, Debrusk, Kase, Bjork, Ritchie. Not to mention the potential emergence of a Studnicka, Senyshyn, or Frederic.

Things change on a dime in today's NHL though, it could easily fall apart next year, who knows. Not to mention playoff success (or lack thereof) will also dictate what they do with this roster. If they are out in Round 1 or 2, we may see significant changes this off-season.

You still holding onto the Senyshyn is gonna make a difffrence here feeling?Give you this, your no quitter.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Do you think Seattle takes anyone that's NOT Matt Grzelcyk?
I think they would take Lauzon over Gryzz in a heart beat! Lauzon is younger, bigger, meaner, and can play any way you want. Oh and he is way cheaper!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They can roll with the same core next season as well, but I also think it might be the last best chance from a performance perspective as well. Next year means a higher probability that Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, or Rask will see their performance drop due to age. Not saying it will happen, just higher chance

Ovie, Backstrom , Oshie are same birth years as
Bergy, Marchand and Krejci. Does Father time not
apply to them? Holtby looks like he is regressing.

Malkin is Krejci's age and Crosby has injury issue worse than Bergeron.

TB does look a bit better situated

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Do you think Seattle takes anyone that's NOT Matt Grzelcyk?

Gryz is definitely the obvious choice from Boston but a lot of development can happen in a year. The Bruins are going to have to expose some good players.

Only two of these guys can be protected...
Kase
Ritchie
Bjork
Frederic
Kuhlman
Kuraly

All three of these guys will have to be exposed if Krug gets re-signed...
Gryz
Lauzon
Clifton

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well. . . Barclay Goodrow apparently:laugh:
Tampa is very good but Bruins will take them down

I am happy to see JT Miller’s light went on and he’s in Vancouver

he would be excellent on Boston - has the Boston aholeness about him

In hindsight they kept the wrong guy (Gourde) and traded Miller who they should have kept

Reactions: Over the volcano

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gryz is definitely the obvious choice from Boston but a lot of development can happen in a year. The Bruins are going to have to expose some good players.

Kase
Ritchie
Bjork
Frederic
Kuhlman
Kuraly

Gryz
Lauzon
Clifton
Kuraly is a UFA I think

Studnicka exempt

Bergeron
Pastrnak
Marchand
DeBrusk
Coyle
Bjork

Kase
Ritchie
Frederic
Senyshyn
Kuhlman

protect 2 of 5

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tampa is very good but Bruins will take them down

I am happy to see JT Miller’s light went on and he’s in Vancouver

he would be excellent on Boston - has the Boston aholeness about him

In hindsight they kept the wrong guy (Gourde) and traded Miller who they should have kept

Miller has 24 goals and 62 pts in 61 games where as Gourde is struggling with like 28 pts or so at like 100 grand per less.Think Gourde makes 5.1 and Miller 5.25 .I would say you are dead on here.Love to have Miller on Bruins.Benning hit a homerun .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Kase
Ritchie
Bjork
Frederic
Kuhlman
Kuraly

Gryz
Lauzon
Clifton

And what If Chara was not signed?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Chara has no impact on that list. That list is assuming Chara is a UFA at the time of the expansion draft.

I'm almost certain that if he plays next year he won't be a UFA at the time of the expansion draft. Contracts don't expire until June 30th and the expansion draft will take place before that. If he has a NMC (which he would if he plays), then he'd either need to waive it or be protected if he planned on playing the following season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad