Tribute Rasmus Sandin Discussion Thread

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You call that leadership depth?
That's far from everybody, but I'd say those are some pretty important parts of the leadership and experience group that you conveniently forgot to mention, that were all added within that small period of time. Who were these amazing leaders that Dubas supposedly "gutted" from the team?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I’d love to go 11-7 in playoffs, if we’re not willing to bench Bogo for Sandin

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Can't remember the last time I felt like we had a d-man who was this dangerously creative with the puck on his stick.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What's encouraging about Sandin is he's very heads up and intelligent out there beyond any kind of special physical skillset like "he skates fast" or "he hits hard." Just a straight up high IQ player who can read a situation and make efficient plays. And also surprisingly strong as a hitter, aka that reverse hit on Wheeler who is like twice his size.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
He’s already looked better then Dermott and that’s not an insult to Dermott, he’s been fine...but Rasmus looks better in every facet of the game. The fact that Keefe started him on the PP to start the third was a direct message to Reilly to start playing better or you won’t be playing on the top PP much longer

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya agreed, he seems to do alright in them but less of them would be good. Maybe more footspeed would help with that.

It wouldn't hurt but the injury thing is a reoccurring issue, I remember it in his profile before we drafted him

Behind the net along the boards was the area he was getting hurt in if I'm not mistaken

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
That's far from everybody, but I'd say those are some pretty important parts of the leadership and experience group that you conveniently forgot to mention, that were all added within that small period of time. Who were these amazing leaders that Dubas supposedly "gutted" from the team?

Wait let me get this straight... you say "that's far from everyone" refusing to name anymore players (yet you'd expect it to be easy since you said "Far from everyone" then proceed to ask me for specific players... oh then you add the word "amazing".... twisting my words. Haha everytime I get into a discussion with you it's the same straw man technique.

So you say amazing? Are you saying Spezza and Tavares are amazing leaders? Can you define amazing leaders for me?

Reactions: Bomber0104

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m just going to say it that this guy might be a star in 2 years. Already getting PP time. That spells good news for Sandin when the coach thinks that much of you. Star written all over him. This guy is a physical player without any hesitation. He has no fear and was as ready to scrap tonight as the other guy.
I like it.

Reactions: Griffin76

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
It wouldn't hurt but the injury thing is a reoccurring issue, I remember it in his profile before we drafted him

Behind the net along the boards was the area he was getting hurt in if I'm not mistaken
Ya maybe part of the package I guess, hopefully he'll learn to stay out of those situations as he gets a little older or gets strong enough to handle them better...or some of both

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Decade-long captain Tavares... Cup winning defenseman Muzzin... 1200 game former superstar Spezza... Etc.

"Gutted"

:eyeroll:

Dubas himself felt that he had neglected to provide adequate leadership on last year's team in the offseason presser. So when the GM is going out of the way to say that he's compensating with more leadership, it makes your defense of his previous work unnecessary.

Why, after the first time, I just didn't realize it and learn it then and then apply it every time moving forward, that's just a mistake on my end,” Dubas said. “Shame on me for that.

8 big Maple Leafs takeaways from Kyle Dubas' wide-ranging Q&A session

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This kid got game.
He is so smart with the puck and he knows how to play against physical players-something he didn’t do well last season.
I think having the youngest and smallest guy on the team hitting is making the others play more physical.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Dubas himself felt that he had neglected to provide adequate leadership on last year's team in the offseason presser. So when the GM is going out of the way to say that he's compensating with more leadership, it makes your defense of his previous work unnecessary.

8 big Maple Leafs takeaways from Kyle Dubas' wide-ranging Q&A session

There's a difference between not adding enough and gutting it though. I don't think losing Marleau or JVR did much in the intensity/leadership department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad