Tribute Rasmus Sandin Discussion Thread

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Kid looks legit growth, and adds some badly needed puck moving.

I doubt he comes out of the lineup again. Maybe ever.
In his short showing, he's looked better than Dermott, so I'd agree with you. If it keeps up, could very well be Sandin-Bogosian when Bogo gets healthy/if he's healthy before our season ends

Reactions: Keon1963

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Even "elite" young defensemen like Hughes have defensive issues. I say ride him these last regular season games to see what you have, throw him on the PP, see how he looks with Brodie for shift or two.... We need that offence/creativity that has been lacking from the back end.

Reactions: klmdg

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He is so smart and has already shown a physical side I didn’t even know he had. Has top pairing defenseman written all over him. What a steal at 28th overall.
He's actually always has had a physical/pesky side to his game. He's got a good willingness to battle. Looks like Dubas and Keefe are suddenly trying to put "battle" players in as of late. Sandin, Foligno, Brooks, Nash.... I like Dubas... but I think he and Keefe have learned rather quickly that skill without a willingness to battle is a recipe for failure. One thing about Dubas is he learns very quickly... like when he realized how much leadership was also needed (after he gutted all the experience from the team).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This guy is should never play an AHL game ever again. I’ve watched Lilly as well and I don’t think he should be playing an AHL game as well.

Their development means Rielly is gone after next season which is good because he really feels like the weak link in this team defensively.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Another strong game, made lots of good plays with the puck and DESTROYED Wheeler with that beauty reverse hit. He’s definitely making a case to stay up over Dermott when Bogo returns.

How strong do you have to be to have a man like Wheeler bounce off your back like that? I was really surprised. Sandin does not look like an exceptionally big and strong guy.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kid looks legit growth, and adds some badly needed puck moving.

I doubt he comes out of the lineup again. Maybe ever.

He is like Tom Brady...he got in because of an injury and now he's not coming out. I think Dermott will be the odd man out if Keefe really wants Bogosian back in the line up in the playoffs as I don't think he'll run 11F 7D. We're probably losing Dermott in the expansion draft anyways so might as well play our top prospect over him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He is like Tom Brady...he got in because of an injury and now he's not coming out. I think Dermott will be the odd man out if Keefe really wants Bogosian back in the line up in the playoffs as I don't think he'll run 11F 7D. We're probably losing Dermott in the expansion draft anyways so might as well play our top prospect over him.

Dermott or bogo.....I'm good either way. Might even prefer Lilly.

Man we're stacked on D.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Decade-long captain Tavares... Cup winning defenseman Muzzin... 1200 game former superstar Spezza... Etc.

"Gutted"

:eyeroll:

You call that leadership depth? Three players and one cup, really? Muzzin (lone cup winner) was injured and we were down to Tavares and 4th liner Spezza. Excellent depth!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad