Player Discussion Rasmus Ristolainen

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I think he listens to the coaches and the past coaches have asked him to do more than he is capable of.
I find with Risto, whenever he make a mistake the other team finds a way to punish him. I still don't think he is a bad player, he has the skill set, he just needs better execution.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I find with Risto, whenever he make a mistake the other team finds a way to punish him. I still don't think he is a bad player, he has the skill set, he just needs better execution.

When people realize that he's the defenseman version of an Evander Kane type of player and start deploying him appropriately with the proper complimentary players, he will be a very valuable piece of a competitive team. He's never going to do well in the primary shutdown role playing with Marco f***ing Scandella.

Kane was the exact situation, people complained about his low IQ, his ability to kill possession, etc. Yet here he is, a very positive part of their roster puzzle.

I've said this before, but you can win with low IQ players, every team does it. Honestly my biggest complaint about Risto is the fake tough guy act, drop the gloves twice a year so that you're not a f***ing joke to opposing teams... Oh well, at this point when we trade him I just hope we get some kind of value back.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Eh, it wasn't even that fast. This would be like getting a ticket for going 50 in a 25 in the States.

The only thing eye popping about the ticket is the $$. No one was hurt and he's going to pay for it. Considering the entire board was ready to forgive RoR for him running through a Tim Hortons and fleeing the scene before any of the details came out, this really should be a non issue.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I despise this kind of behavior. Fortunately in Finland we fine this kind of idiocy hard. He will not be driving for the next 3 months in Finland.
For a country so part of racing culture, I find it interesting that you can muster the emotion to actually despise speeding. I know America is pretty lax on its speeding laws, but really? Despise?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
For a country so part of racing culture, I find it interesting that you can muster the emotion to actually despise speeding. I know America is pretty lax on its speeding laws, but really? Despise?

Speeding is a major cause of death around the world — the fact that you’re so confused about why he despises it exhibits perfectly why it’s an epidemic that continues unabated.

Reactions: mattihp

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Speeding is a major cause of death around the world — the fact that you’re so confused about why he despises it exhibits perfectly why it’s an epidemic that continues unabated.
Ya, I guess it does.

I’ll rephrase. Being from a culture that embraces racing I’m surprised to see you depart from your cultural norms to such an extreme level. Perhaps Fins are much more opposed to speed outside of racing then I understood them to be. Would you care to share some of your own cultural insights on the matter. Personally, I don’t care that much about speeding beyond thinking the person is a little stupid, there are much worse behaviors on the road. I’m more interested in learning something about Finland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irving Zisman

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:facepalm:

I don't know what else to say to that. Risto doing that at 18 to the guy who is the biggest gunslinger in the league or Scott chocking someone into unconsciousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabrielor

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I don't know what Risto was thinking but jesus Jon Scott, get control of yourself. He didn't even acknowledge that his reaction was over the top.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
What was the context..? Were they just messing around or did John scott actually try and choke him out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad