Player Discussion Rasmus Ristolainen

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wonder if his off-season should involve some "A Clockwork Orange" style video program to try to wire him into making faster, better reads on plays in his own zone?

I think a week long version of "Mean Tweets" from Jimmy Kimmel's show about him should do it.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
That's depressing, it doesn't sound like he's that upset about maybe being traded. Can't blame him for feeling that way-and he could go to a healthier team

Maybe not upset, but it doesn’t seem like he want some to leave, either. He sounds like he wants to do his part to help this team win, judging by the comments on personal point totals.

Reactions: Tatre

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Poor Risto, he sounds burnt out on being a Sabre. I can sympathize.

That’s funny he basically said “I’m the only player who isn’t untouchable who would get anything of value back in a trade.” He gets it. He’s just gotta hope the roulette wheel doesn’t land on Edmonton

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

That’s funny he basically said “I’m the only player who isn’t untouchable who would get anything of value back in a trade.” He gets it. He’s just gotta hope the roulette wheel doesn’t land on Edmonton
Man, poor fans. These players are so soft mentally. This is why a strong presence at head coach is needed.

Reactions: Fearnot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Maybe he has a future as a GM. His comments definitely showed an understanding of player values on his own team, to the point where he is viewing himself with almost clinical detachment.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Quite reasonable and accurate comments from Risto, given the team's history during his tenure. All the losing can't help but wear a guy down emotionally.

Still think he can be at least a serviceable #3. He needs to drop the tough guy act, but still play physically when the situation calls for it, and make good decisions consistently while defending. Maybe the latter just isn't in him.

I can't help but think some coaching staff will help him realize his potential. Would be nice if it was the Sabres'.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
I hope he cuts down the tire-flipping and concentrates on his movement without the puck on his own zone this offseason. was getting caught puck-watching all season long.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He loves him. Ray thinks Risto works hard and is extremely dedicated. PHam thinks he’s entitled and doesn’t listen.

Ray is right and Pham can’t tell the difference between “doesn’t listen” and “can’t execute.” He seems to just make a ton of dumb decisions.

We need to shrink down Canadian actor Martin Short, like in the movie Inner Space, and have him take over Risto’s brain like he did with Dennis Quaid. Just an idea.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
He loves him. Ray thinks Risto works hard and is extremely dedicated. PHam thinks he’s entitled and doesn’t listen.
I'm guessing it is somewhere in the middle, maybe better coaching will help, who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad