Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 3- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Any theories why he get's limited ice time?
I think Krueger is trying to protect him by not exposing him to too much. I remember he did an interview about players coming from Europe vs North America to the NHL and and said something to the effect that an 18 year old North American player was equivalent to a 20 year old European. He was talking about the entire process on and off the ice.

Reactions: sufferer

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I think Krueger is trying to protect him by not exposing him to too much. I remember he did an interview about players coming from Europe vs North America to the NHL and and said something to the effect that an 18 year old North American player was equivalent to a 20 year old European. He was talking about the entire process on and off the ice.
Dahlin needs to be exposed to as much as possible so he can learn. The kid is incredibly smart and talented, just let him figure it out.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
7x7 then a big pay day on the following contract seems fair. Lot of great talents in NHL right now, Dahlin has not seperated himself from the Makars, Hughes, and Heiskanens, that is not a slight against Dahlin its just that the level of talents is really high.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
7x7 then a big pay day on the following contract seems fair. Lot of great talents in NHL right now, Dahlin has not seperated himself from the Makars, Hughes, and Heiskanens, that is not a slight against Dahlin its just that the level of talents is really high.

IMHO, this would be a bargoon.

Guessing high 8's for 7 years unless they want to bridge him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Aaron Ekblad - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ekblad got 10.27% of the cap over 8 years coming off of his ELC. That would seem to be the neighborhood for second contracts for high end D.

Hughes, Makar, & Dahlin are all RFAs after 20/21. So, it will be interesting to see how all their contracts work out.

Reactions: joshjull

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Aaron Ekblad - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ekblad got 10.27% of the cap over 8 years coming off of his ELC. That would seem to be the neighborhood for second contracts for high end D.

Hughes, Makar, & Dahlin are all RFAs after 20/21. So, it will be interesting to see how all their contracts work out.

Chabot's extension might not be a bad comp to use. Depending on how much the cap rises, that'd put Dahlin somewhere in the neighborhood of $8-8.5M per on an 8-year deal.

Reactions: Tatanka

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland

I too want Dahlin to have the best contract in the league

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Chabot's extension might not be a bad comp to use. Depending on how much the cap rises, that'd put Dahlin somewhere in the neighborhood of $8-8.5M per on an 8-year deal.

Chabot's 2nd contract was for 9.82% of the cap.

So, I would expect Dahlin's next contract to be in that neighborhood unless his side forces a shorter deal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Do we have a chicken or egg going on now that his minutes of pushed well over 20 most nights in the last half dozen games, where the team isn’t scoring so he’s not picking up any points or is it that he’s not picking up any points meaning the team is not scoring? I haven’t dug into his numbers since five or six games ago when I noticed him topping the 23 minute mark one night. Is he generating more shots than he is giving up? Are they quality? Is it all the forwards’ fault for almost no scoring or is he transitioning into a different role too, causing some hiccups?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Do we have a chicken or egg going on now that his minutes of pushed well over 20 most nights in the last half dozen games, where the team isn’t scoring so he’s not picking up any points or is it that he’s not picking up any points meaning the team is not scoring? I haven’t dug into his numbers since five or six games ago when I noticed him topping the 23 minute mark one night. Is he generating more shots than he is giving up? Are they quality? Is it all the forwards’ fault for almost no scoring or is he transitioning into a different role too, causing some hiccups?

I put the lack of team scoring squarely on Eichel clearly playing injured the last several games. When Eich's not running at 100%, it feels like a miracle any time the Sabres score more than a goal per game.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I could see Dahlin's camp asking for the same 8 x $10MM contract that Eichel got. Why shouldn't they? It's a lower percentage of the cap than when Jack signed, too. He will be the second highest scoring teenage defenseman in history. They have to know that the fanbase, with how disgruntled it is with management and ownership, will largely take a "do whatever it takes to sign him" approach. Dahlin's camp has all the leverage even if he isn't arb eligible.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Way too early to gauge price of Dahlin's contract. He's not even played his third RFA season. Maybe if his contract expired this season we could reasonably speculate. Way too early.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

He is individually generating more shots/60 than last year, but his CF/60 while on ice have cratered. His CA/60 have gotten better. Even though his raw numbers are up because his oiS% is better his xGF/60 is worse.

I'd say he's one Jeff Skinner 40 goal season worth of scoring chances off his numbers from last year.

Reactions: Chainshot

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
He is individually generating more shots/60 than last year, but his CF/60 while on ice have cratered. His CA/60 have gotten better. Even though his raw numbers are up because his oiS% is better his xGF/60 is worse.

I'd say he's one Jeff Skinner 40 goal season worth of scoring chances off his numbers from last year.

Funny enough, Dahlin only had 8 assists off of Skinner's goals.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
For anyone who is bored or still in denial about our future success:

Reactions: Nifty Sauce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad