Value of: Rasmus Andersson

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Most teams that need him don't have the assets. Primo blue chip defender coming back is the starting point.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Kind of sceptical the Flames would be all that interested in Savoie given his size.

In a scenario where Andersson wants out and the Sabres finish with the 2nd over all pick, then maybe something at the draft could be worked out. If the Flames think Calle Lindstrom could be a number one center in the NHL, that's something they might consider.

I highly doubt any team would trade the 2nd overall pick to be perfectly honest

Reactions: Chainshot

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm guessing you would want an under-24 NHL star or a top-10 pick+. With the current makeup of the NHL I'm not sure you could get those assets from a team that could make those trades.

I wonder if Anaheim would trade Zegras + a top 10 protected pick but would Calgary even want that?
Sabres fan mentioned Cozens the other day, I think that’s the type of trade Calgary might consider

Maybe Pinto and a small add from Ottawa, etc

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Sabres fan mentioned Cozens the other day, I think that’s the type of trade Calgary might consider

Maybe Pinto and a small add from Ottawa, etc
I would look really hard at Berggren+Kasper+first. Someone above mentioned ASP. I would have a hard time with that but I might do Pellikka+1st (maybe add a second).

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
He would be a perfect fit for the Sabres and they have the ammo to make it work if GMKA has the nuts to do it. Overpay.... and include Markstrom.

Mittelstadt
Jokiharju (RHD)
Rosen
Oloffson
1st - 2024 (Top 3 protected) currently #7
2nd - 2025

for

Andersson
Markstrom
So we lose almost all of our assets: top 6 C, top 10 first, another first in Rosen++ for TWO YEARS of andersson and Markstrom? One of which is a goalie we don't need. I wouldn't do Mitts for Andersson straight up and you are adding two firsts a second+ for Markstrom? Only nuts thing here is your proposal.

Reactions: paulmm3

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dallas should be interested.

Wonder if Nill could finesse the Flames and get them to take a deal not including one of the top 2 prospects.

Lundkvist, 2024 1st, etc. Would be included to start I assume. Then again, if he gave up a 1st rounder for an unproven Lundkvist, I think he'd be willing to give up a lottt for Andersson.

I'd be hesitant on Stankoven but I'd include Bourque as a piece for sure.

Reactions: starsfan86

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If Hanifin does indeed go to NJD and Calgary decides to move Andersson they will get an absolute haul. It wouldn't be a terrible move, create their own scarcity and then make available a player no one was suspecting.

The sudden loss of their top-2 D would pretty guarantee top-8 picks this year and next in addition to whatever trove of picks and prospects they get.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Of course he's drawing interest. Doesn't necessarily mean the Flames are at all interested in trading him though.

It'd take a young impact center or blue chip center prospect for it to make sense.

The Sabres could probably pull that off. I’m sure it would hurt a bit, but we have the pieces.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I’d have to think, given Calgary’s off ice situation, they’d need a rostered center and dman back to consider moving Rasmus. Mitts and Joker and then shift some deck chairs around to make them and a reasonable future (krebs/2nd or 3rd round pick/one of the European prospects) into a trade for Andersson+.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That might get andersson alone but definitely not Coleman as well, but Calgary is prioritizing young roster players (Mitts) over just pure picks and prospects. If mitts wants to play in canada, i would want an andersson trade to revolve around mitts, lottery protected 25 1st, kulich/Savoie
You aren’t getting anywhere near that in return.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
From the Leafs Id offer
2024 1st
Knies or Cowan
Minten
Niemela or Liljegren
Kampf for cap purposes
For
Andersson @ 50% retained

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
You aren’t getting anywhere near that in return.
Thats fine, thats my preceived value for a top pairing rhd signed for $4.5m. a young top 6 or potential top 6 player, a first, and a prospect a tier below blue chip. If you dont feel hes worth that cool too, we have him at that price for 2.5 yrs, theres no need to trade him.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Have posters here not watched or paid attention to Andersson? Over the last 3 seasons he is 13th amongst defenseman in TOI, 19th in points, 17th in GF%, and 17th in xGF%. All those rankings get far more impressive when you limit it to only RD, and that was during his age 24, 25 and now 26 year old seasons and you get him for 2 and half years at 4.5M.

No your protected 1st, 2nd best prospect, and scraps don’t begin to start the discussion. If you don’t absolutely hate typing out the offer for him don’t bother, and I’d wager any poster he doesn’t get traded in 2024.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Have posters here not watched or paid attention to Andersson? Over the last 3 seasons he is 13th amongst defenseman in TOI, 19th in points, 17th in GF%, and 17th in xGF%. All those rankings get far more impressive when you limit it to only RD, and that was during his age 24, 25 and now 26 year old seasons and you get him for 2 and half years at 4.5M.

No your protected 1st, 2nd best prospect, and scraps don’t begin to start the discussion. If you don’t absolutely hate typing out the offer for him don’t bother, and I’d wager any poster he doesn’t get traded in 2024.

Relax

Regardless of what people offer on here doesn't change what he would or will get traded for.

Also, welcome to how trades work. No one is going to offer you their best offer right out of the gate. There's been some good starting offers in here imo

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Relax

Regardless of what people offer on here doesn't change what he would or will get traded for.

Also, welcome to how trades work. No one is going to offer you their best offer right out of the gate. There's been some good starting offers in here imo
This isn’t two parties sitting down having a large back and forth, posters come in trying to offer what they perceive as fair value. I’ve watched every game Andersson’s played for years, I’m letting people know what value he provides to give them context for offers.

The Seth Jones trade is a good comp. Same age, Jones had 1 year left at 5.5, with Andersson having 2.5 years left at 4.5. Jones and the 32nd overall went for a recent 8th overall pick, the 6th overall pick, 12th overall pick, and a mid 2nd. Maybe 1-2 posters have offered anything close to that value. Jones play detoriating makes the trade look like a steal today admittedly. His ability to be extended immediately also boosted his value, but getting a top 10 RD for multiple seasons at 4.5M when the cap has never been a bigger factor I’d also a huge plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad