Value of: Rasmus Andersson

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Weekes says Ras is drawing interest, sweet contract 2 more yrs at $4.5m, he will cost a lot if moved. Conroy seems to focus on young roster player rather than just picks and prospects, if traded id imagine a young roster D in the mold of a Byram (dk if available, or if avs are comfortable with Manson in the top 4) would have to be included. I personally would rather trade Andersson and resign hanifin just becase signing hanifin for 8 yrs at 27 will age much better than andersson for 8 at 29, but it sounds like thats outside of team's control.

Picking on the avs here just because they are the first team I thought of with a young player i can see being traded and the flames would be very interested in. Curious if the avs would do anything like byram + ritchie for andersson as a base.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Of course he's drawing interest. Doesn't necessarily mean the Flames are at all interested in trading him though.

It'd take a young impact center or blue chip center prospect for it to make sense.
Of course he's drawing interest. Younger top pairing RH defenseman, that can play defense, play physical and produce at a 50ish point pace, has term and a sweetheart of a contract.

GMs would be brain dead not to be interested.
The whole point is a player drawing interest is because a teams think he might be available. I doubt makar or mcdavid is "drawing interest" right now because its a waste of time to even ask

Reactions: Szechwan and hn777

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
He ought to get interest beyond just the playoff contenders.

I think any team looking to make a jump into becoming a contender will look at the Filip Hronek trade last TDL and think “that could be us” with Andersson.

Reactions: Tatanka

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
He ought to get interest beyond just the playoff contenders.

I think any team looking to make a jump into becoming a contender will look at the Filip Hronek trade last TDL and think “that could be us” with Andersson.
Andersson is also just way better than Hronek at the time of trade, also still better now. I would not be happy with return similar to Hronek.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The whole point is a player drawing interest is because a teams think he might be available. I doubt makar or mcdavid is "drawing interest" right now because its a waste of time to even ask
That's a leap. Could easily be teams thinking if that Flames are trading Markstrom, perhaps they're blowing it up. And so, might as well inquire on the top pairing right defenceman on a low cap hit that literally every team in the league could use.

There's zero actual indication from anywhere, including Weekes' tweet, that the Flames are at all interested in moving Andersson.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If he was available I would go whole hog from Detroit and offer Berggren, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, Wallinder and Maatta to clear a spot on defense.

I would be really surprised if Calgary was willing to trade him as they could do a whole-ass rebuild and he would still be under 30.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Organizational depth at RD is putrid because Tanev is 100% gone as well. I really don’t see it happening unless as mentioned it’s for a promising young center

Reactions: Mr Positive

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
That's a leap. Could easily be teams thinking if that Flames are trading Markstrom, perhaps they're blowing it up. And so, might as well inquire on the top pairing right defenceman on a low cap hit that literally every team in the league could use.

There's zero actual indication from anywhere, including Weekes' tweet, that the Flames are at all interested in moving Andersson.
Leap where? I didnt say flames want to trade him, i said teams thinks he might be available, thats literally what you said. I agree it has to be a mindblowing over to trade Andersson, they dont want to, they probably didnt want to trade markstrom either now theres a lot of smoke there.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If he was available I would go whole hog from Detroit and offer Berggren, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, Wallinder and Maatta to clear a spot on defense.

I would be really surprised if Calgary was willing to trade him as they could do a whole-ass rebuild and he would still be under 30.

Couldn’t do a quantity trade on this one. Probably value wise this is about right but makes no sense for Calgary

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Of course he's drawing interest. Younger top pairing RH defenseman, that can play defense, play physical and produce at a 50ish point pace, has term and a sweetheart of a contract.

GMs would be brain dead not to be interested.
He would be a perfect fit for the Sabres and they have the ammo to make it work if GMKA has the nuts to do it. Overpay.... and include Markstrom.

Mittelstadt
Jokiharju (RHD)
Rosen
Oloffson
1st - 2024 (Top 3 protected) currently #7
2nd - 2025

for

Andersson
Markstrom

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Andersson and Coleman for Matt Savoie, this year's first with only 1OA protection, and Vic Olofsson (cap dollar balancing)?
That might get andersson alone but definitely not Coleman as well, but Calgary is prioritizing young roster players (Mitts) over just pure picks and prospects. If mitts wants to play in canada, i would want an andersson trade to revolve around mitts, lottery protected 25 1st, kulich/Savoie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That might get andersson alone but definitely not Coleman as well, but Calgary is prioritizing young roster players (Mitts) over just pure picks and prospects. If mitts wants to play in canada, i would want an andersson trade to revolve around mitts, lottery protected 25 1st, kulich/Savoie

Good luck then.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I think he’d be too expensive for most teams. A top-4 RD in his prime at $4.5 million a season is worth a ton - multiple 1sts and a top-end prospect at a minimum. I’m sure teams are interested but I doubt anything happens.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

As a Flames fan I would do that.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Andersson and Coleman for Matt Savoie, this year's first with only 1OA protection, and Vic Olofsson (cap dollar balancing)?
Kind of sceptical the Flames would be all that interested in Savoie given his size.

In a scenario where Andersson wants out and the Sabres finish with the 2nd over all pick, then maybe something at the draft could be worked out. If the Flames think Calle Lindstrom could be a number one center in the NHL, that's something they might consider.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Or more likely teams regularly ask about them and insiders don't report it because no one would buy it as a possibility

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Couldn’t do a quantity trade on this one. Probably value wise this is about right but makes no sense for Calgary
I'm guessing you would want an under-24 NHL star or a top-10 pick+. With the current makeup of the NHL I'm not sure you could get those assets from a team that could make those trades.

I wonder if Anaheim would trade Zegras + a top 10 protected pick but would Calgary even want that?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
As an Avs fan I would not do Byram+Ritchie for Anderson. The difference between Byram and Anderson isn’t a solid center prospect.

I’m sure other teams would pay a ton though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kind of sceptical the Flames would be all that interested in Savoie given his size.

In a scenario where Andersson wants out and the Sabres finish with the 2nd over all pick, then maybe something at the draft could be worked out. If the Flames think Calle Lindstrom could be a number one center in the NHL, that's something they might consider.

I'm skeptical that the Flames would move Andersson TBH. *shrug*

He's the same height as Mangipane, taller than Pelletier BTW. It's not like he's Fleury or Gerbe sized.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad