OT: Raptors/NBA Return to Play

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I wasn’t impressed with that Raptors final possession of the first overtime. They were content to take a poor shot and head to another ot period. I’m not sure why, the Celtics have been the better team for six games and undoubtedly have no problem with playing another five minutes.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
He shouldn't be out there at all, confidence is shot. Put in Ibaka.
That Powell playcall at the end of OT was one of the dumbest in recent memory.
I’m surprised Nurse hasn’t cut Siakum’s minutes. I guess he’s looking at the big picture and is willing to ride what got them there. I get it but it’s still frustrating as hell to watch as a fan.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I’m surprised Nurse hasn’t cut Siakum’s minutes. I guess he’s looking at the big picture and is willing to ride what got them there. I get it but it’s still frustrating as hell to watch as a fan.

It's because of his defense but they need to keep the ball away from him.

Lol, and he scores of course.

Edit: what a game. This is nuts. Unbelievable

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If Nurse decides to all go all-small for a significant amount of Game 7, it will be an entirely different type of game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Fantastic game just got home from a BBQ where we were all into the game. Even people that aren’t huge sports fans were into it during the double OT.

Ive always liked basketball, not as much as hockey and football but I love watching the Raptors play especially these last 2 years.

Zero quit in this team just like last years team. These guys battle hard every second of the game. The Oilers players should take note of the type of heart and soul it takes to win. Maybe try to emulate the effort a guy like Kyle Lowry plays with.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fantastic game just got home from a BBQ where we were all into the game. Even people that aren’t huge sports fans were into it during the double OT.

Ive always liked basketball, not as much as hockey and football but I love watching the Raptors play especially these last 2 years.

Zero quit in this team just like last years team. These guys battle hard every second of the game. The Oilers players should take note of the type of heart and soul it takes to win. Maybe try to emulate the effort a guy like Kyle Lowry plays with.

The Raptors in basketball terms are a deeper team than the Oilers.

They would be more like the Vegas Golden Knights if they were a hockey team.

Having said that, they really needed a fluke shot to even be in this series. Amazing, but a bit of a fluke.

Reactions: snipes

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Raptors in basketball terms are a deeper team than the Oilers.

They would be more like the Vegas Golden Knights if they were a hockey team.

Having said that, they really needed a fluke shot to even be in this series. Amazing, but a bit of a fluke.

Eh, if you're gonna go that route:

Clippers - Lightning/Avalanche
Lakers - Oilers
Rockets - Sabres
Heat - Islanders
Celtics - Maple Leafs/Canucks

If the NHL actually allowed stars to have more impact on the game, the Oilers would be annual contenders, even with crappy depth.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If the Raptors lose in overtime, it will be a shame. They are beating themselves; and Siakim has been a non factor this series, which is severely affecting the team.
The way they've played this serious they don't deserve to win. They gave away games worse than the Oilers

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Eh, if you're gonna go that route:

Clippers - Lightning/Avalanche
Lakers - Oilers
Rockets - Sabres
Heat - Islanders
Celtics - Maple Leafs/Canucks

If the NHL actually allowed stars to have more impact on the game, the Oilers would be annual contenders, even with crappy depth.

I'd equate Houston Rockets to Maple Leafs rather than Celtics with their typical early exits. The team thinks they are the best in the NHL when everyone knows they'll never win.

Celtics have been to the conference finals 2 of the previous 3 years and likely favoured to win game 7 to get them there for the third time in 3 years. As such, I'm inclined to compare them to Tampa Bay. Though I'd also compare the Bucks to TBay with them being first two years in a row with the league MVP but bowing out prematurely.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd equate Houston Rockets to Maple Leafs rather than Celtics with their typical early exits. The team thinks they are the best in the NHL when everyone knows they'll never win.

Celtics have been to the conference finals 2 of the previous 3 years and likely favoured to win game 7 to get them there for the third time in 3 years. As such, I'm inclined to compare them to Tampa Bay. Though I'd also compare the Bucks to TBay with them being first two years in a row with the league MVP but bowing out prematurely.
I was going mainly based on roster composition.

Reactions: bone

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Possibly because Fred VanVleet was terrible last year against Philly, but got hot right after that series, so he's giving Siakum the same chance to break out of his funk. Putting supreme trust in the player.

Reactions: bone

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
I don't follow the NBA at all, but I tuned in to the latest Raptors game.

I was way more interested and invested in that game than any NHL game lately. Shamelessly on the bandwagon now. :sarcasm:

Reactions: bone and snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I don't follow the NBA at all, but I tuned in to the latest Raptors game.

I was way more interested and invested in that game than any NHL game lately. Shamelessly on the bandwagon now. :sarcasm:

If you’re not into basketball, it was a fantastic game to watch and become a fan of the sport. It was a great game.

The Raptors team plays more like the Canadian Way than any of our NHL teams. Heart and soul all out effort all the time and commitment to team play and tough defensively. They’ve been a good team for a number of years now.

We really need Siakim to get going in game 7. He’s been subpar lately, he really needs to find his rhythm again.

Reactions: Skar

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
NBA playoffs are different than the NHL in that the NBA playoffs get better as the rounds go on...the first 2 rounds are usually garbage
there's only like 4 or 5 legit teams that can win it all in the playoffs (barring injury)

like as if anyone other than the Clippers and Lakers were gonna meet in the Western Final

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If you’re not into basketball, it was a fantastic game to watch and become a fan of the sport. It was a great game.

The Raptors team plays more like the Canadian Way than any of our NHL teams. Heart and soul all out effort all the time and commitment to team play and tough defensively. They’ve been a good team for a number of years now.

We really need Siakim to get going in game 7. He’s been subpar lately, he really needs to find his rhythm again.
Didn't they essentially just give two games a way this series?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad