OT: Raptors/NBA Return to Play

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I haven't watched a lick of NBA so far so I'm not sure.

Is the NBA having similar type of play as the NHL were teams are playing really good that shouldn't and vice versa? Wasn't the Suns or something a team that didn't lose a game going into the playoffs, but just missed. Even though no one really expected them to be that good?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I haven't watched a lick of NBA so far so I'm not sure.

Is the NBA having similar type of play as the NHL were teams are playing really good that shouldn't and vice versa? Wasn't the Suns or something a team that didn't lose a game going into the playoffs, but just missed. Even though no one really expected them to be that good?
They had the fairest RTP. Teams that were not eliminated from the playoffs yet were invited into the bubble. If you had a really good position before the shutdown you didn’t have to win as many games to secure your spot in the standings, and vice versa.

Reactions: bone

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It’s so enjoyable watching a team of over achievers do their thing game in and game out. Everybody committed, everybody playing as a team. I think they have a legitimate shot at repeating but even if they don’t it won’t be because they didn’t give themselves their best shot.

Reactions: Cloned

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
boo raptors. rockets to win it all this year

here's my picks

upload_2020-8-17_21-27-13.png

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
They had the fairest RTP. Teams that were not eliminated from the playoffs yet were invited into the bubble. If you had a really good position before the shutdown you didn’t have to win as many games to secure your spot in the standings, and vice versa.

100%. The NBA got their return to play correct. And even one of the longshots almost got there by going 8-0 in the seeding games and missing out by a tiebreaker. The first round matchups are basically exactly what they likely would have been without the league suspension with minor shuffles of a position or two.

Good thing NHL overthought things though. Getting Chicago and Arizona a chance is sure making for entertaining actual first round though as there is nothing better than watching teams get outshot 50-20. Much more entertaining than had the leagues top scoring players got to make it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
100%. The NBA got their return to play correct. And even one of the longshots almost got there by going 8-0 in the seeding games and missing out by a tiebreaker. The first round matchups are basically exactly what they likely would have been without the league suspension with minor shuffles of a position or two.

Good thing NHL overthought things though. Getting Chicago and Arizona a chance is sure making for entertaining actual first round though as there is nothing better than watching teams get outshot 50-20. Much more entertaining than had the leagues top scoring players got to make it.
Can't really blame the NHL. The players were involved in this as well. They had a return to play committee that was involved in coming up with a return to play.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Couldn't stand the Raps when they had Vince Carter, and then DeRozen. But I do like and enjoy the current cast of characters they employ. And of course, acquiring Leondard last season, who I've always liked, really helped, even if it was just for the one season. I hope they do well again this year.We'll see if they have a "Leonard" type of player to take a game by the throat. But I see serious growth this year in players like VanVliet and Siakim.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Freddy is gonna get paid. Not sure if Raps can keep him.

Klow is old but can still ball, a great leader and the heart of the team. I would keep him for the intangibles

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Wait, you follow basketball?
Not too hardcore or anything. My Aunt is a huge Raptors fan though and she really got me into it during their championship run, and with the Oilers out of the picture again, I'll be following closely this year too.

Honestly I don't know how you manage to follow hockey, basketball, football, baseball, and soccer. I don't have the time or mental capacity for that lol.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Couldn't stand the Raps when they had Vince Carter, and then DeRozen. But I do like and enjoy the current cast of characters they employ. And of course, acquiring Leondard last season, who I've always liked, really helped, even if it was just for the one season. I hope they do well again this year.We'll see if they have a "Leonard" type of player to take a game by the throat. But I see serious growth this year in players like VanVliet and Siakim.
What was your issue with the DeRozan era?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad