OT: Raptors/NBA Return to Play

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Feels good to see the Clippers bounced early after the shenanigans they pulled last summer. Would warm my heart to see Kawhi or especially George once again decide the pastures are greener elsewhere and leave them high and dry.

I wouldn't rule out Kawhi wanting to come back to TO after next year.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I wouldn't rule out Kawhi wanting to come back to TO after next year.

Will be interesting to see how they do next year to be able to convince Kawhi or Giannis to take the star position on the team.

Lowry two years from now won't have much more game in him, so will they be able to keep Fred or find someone to fill that spot. Gasol is pretty much done as well, how much mileage does Ibaka have left and can he be as effective starting the majority of the games, or do they have to find a replacment there? You'd think they can keep Siakim and Anunoby around, and maybe Davis grows into a Fred replacement once Fred moves into the Lowry role, but that may be optimistic.

It will probably come down to how much of this year's success was Nurse's coaching vs. the remaining starters embracing the chance to repeat and show they were as key to the championship as Kawhi was or maybe even moreso.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Kawhi loves LA and that's where he's from. He's not headed northeast to the polar climate of TO.
Kawhi has proven that he loves Kawhi much more than anything else. For that reason, as good as he is, he isn’t someone you build a team around. He’s a final piece you add to a good team to put you over the top, like the Raptors did. He’s not somebody you plan a future around.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kawhi has proven that he loves Kawhi much more than anything else. For that reason, as good as he is, he isn’t someone you build a team around. He’s a final piece you add to a good team to put you over the top, like the Raptors did. He’s not somebody you plan a future around.
Either way, I don't think he's coming to Toronto anytime soon, other than as a visitor on another team.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not a big basketball guy at all, but kind of fitting for LA to be in the finals and probably win it all with Kobe passing away back in January.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Miami's injuries piling up, AD going next level, LeBron almost a triple double today, etc.

Lakers are too good they're taking this pretty easily

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Good win for the Raps today, a nice change. Doncic is incredible though he's my pick for MVP this year and I took him first overall in my Fantasy draft.

Harden trade was nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad