OT: Raptors/NBA Return to Play

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Better than Kawhi's Game 7 winner IMO.

The difference to me was that was a series winning basket in Game 7 where a miss would have eliminated the Raptors.

This one keeps them alive, but unless they can come back to win the series, it isn't as impactful.

I would say that this was definitely the most improbable winning shot I could imagine though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The difference to me was that was a series winning basket in Game 7 where a miss would have eliminated the Raptors.

This one keeps them alive, but unless they can come back to win the series, it isn't as impactful.

I would say that this was definitely the most improbable winning shot I could imagine though.
They were actually tied so a miss would’ve meant OT where they could have still won.

Reactions: TB12 and bone

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
There you go. You're right. For some reason my memory had them down one.

Your memory is correct, but it's off by 18 years. Back in 2001, the Raptors were down 1 against the Sixers with 2 seconds left in game 7. Carter missed the shot.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
And OG just casually walks off like it was any other shot. Even Kawhi reacted when he got the buzzer beater last year.

A relative of mine turned the game off when the Celtics scored with 0.5 on the clock and went for a walk. She didn't realize until over an hour later that the Raptors had won. :laugh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No one expects a perfect cross court pass to be made with 0.5 left.

That's kinda like a hockey player leaving someone undefended at the point with 3 seconds left because you don't expect them to get a great shot off.

It's a good pass but the dude was just sitting there wide open lol.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That's kinda like a hockey player leaving someone undefended at the point with 3 seconds left because you don't expect them to get a great shot off.

It's a good pass but the dude was just sitting there wide open lol.

That's what happens when you play zone. Stevens is getting criticized for it.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I think Kawhi's shot will go down as the shot that meant more but i'd say this one was more important. They are effectively eliminated if OG doesn't make that shot whereas with Kawhi's they still had OT

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nice little run here for the Raptors 63-58 now for the Raptors

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I'd love to see a Raps Clips final holy f***.

Or Bronny losing to the Raps too and then takes his talents to the North cause why not

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
If the Raptors lose in overtime, it will be a shame. They are beating themselves; and Siakim has been a non factor this series, which is severely affecting the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad