Ranking Teams Prospects

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Leafs are probably middle of the pack... where they lack in blue-choppers, try make up in depth. Realistically, there are currently 7-10 future full-time NHLers in our current prospect group!

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
Buffalo has an average-below average prospect pool, if you don't count players becoming nhlers next season (Mittelstadt and Dahlin). I wouldn't include either of them as prospects, especially Dahlin. Dahlins always been a roster player, was just never old enough to play in the league.

Yeah Buffalo’s prospects will take a hit once Dahlin and Mitts play. Every team who has a top prospect this year will take a hit. Dahlin amd Mitts are still prospects and are rated #1.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Obviously, this makes a lot of sense.

Montreal has a poor group of prospects, so what exactly doesn't make sense.

They have zero high end prospects and no depth.

They were a consensus bottom 3 prospect pool last year. Drafting Kotkaniemi doesn't change it that much.

They fall somewhere around 20-25, IMO.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017

They were a consensus bottom 3 prospect pool last year. Drafting Kotkaniemi doesn't change it that much.

Poehling improved, Juulsen and Mete proved they can play, and Kotkaniemi IS a high end prospect.

I would say they belong at 10-15.

Reactions: Acadien86

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Jeez, thats some opinion. Kotkaniemi isnt a high end talent? The 12 top 60 picks they added in the last two drafts isnt depth? Welp, my bad.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Poehling improved, Juulsen and Mete proved they can play, and Kotkaniemi IS a high end prospect.

I would say they belong at 10-15.

They aren't ahead of (random order)

Boston
Florida
Detroit
Tampa
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
NYR
NYI
Vancouver
Ottawa
St. Louis
Arizona
Calgary
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Dallas
Colorado
Chicago
Vegas
Anaheim

That's without really looking too much into it.

Next year Montreal will take a big leap with many top prospects graduating and them probably having another Top 5 pick.

This year, still outside the Top 20.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Leafs are probably middle of the pack... where they lack in blue-choppers, try make up in depth. Realistically, there are currently 7-10 future full-time NHLers in our current prospect group!

Blue-Springer-Chopper-ozbike_1.jpg

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Boston
Florida
Detroit
Tampa
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
NYR
NYI
Vancouver
Ottawa
St. Louis
Arizona
Calgary
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Dallas
Colorado
Chicago
Vegas
Anaheim

Next year Montreal will take a big leap with many top prospects graduating and them probably having another Top 5 pick.

Toronto should be on that list too...

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d like to think Detroit is knocking on the door of the top 5. With another top 5 or so pick next year they should be cemented there.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

No, that’s not realistic at all. That would be like half your farm making it up full time. That’s nuts. If you get 5 of your current farm up to being full time nhlers you did very well.

Reactions: Ookhaab

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Boston
Florida
Detroit
Tampa
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
NYR
NYI
Vancouver
Ottawa
St. Louis
Arizona
Calgary
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Dallas
Colorado
Chicago
Vegas
Anaheim

Going by the main board pool, 10 teams would have a better prospect than Kotkaniemi. So, 21 teams dont have an elite prospect?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Boston
Florida
Detroit
Tampa
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
NYR
NYI
Vancouver
Ottawa
St. Louis
Arizona
Calgary
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Dallas
Colorado
Chicago
Vegas
Anaheim

List the top ten of every single one of these teams, go. I know I can, can you?

Reactions: ottawa

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Going by the main board pool, 10 teams would have a better prospect than Kotkaniemi. So, 21 teams dont have an elite prospect?

I consider Dahlin, Pettersson, Heiskanen, Svech type prospects to be elite. So more like 25 teams.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No, he didn't.

However, I'm not surprised you think so as you have claimed before that an argument could be made that the Habs have 4 top 30 prospects.

I forget who I'm dealing with here.
I made these claims way before the Habs ever drafted him. Draft thread in the habs board says so. Even published my draft rankings prior to the draft and he was 4th, woth Dahlin, Svech and Boqvist ahead of him.

Anyhow, how many players had better seventeen year old seasons in Liiga ? I know the number, I just want you to look it up.

Ps; he did it while being younger than all of them, except one, who weve discussed just a few minutes ago.

Reactions: ottawa

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I made these claims way before the Habs ever drafted him. Draft thread in the habs board says so. Even published my draft rankings prior to the draft and he was 4th, woth Dahlin, Svech and Boqvist ahead of him.

Anyhow, how many players had better seventeen year old seasons in Liiga ? I know the number, I just want you to look it up.

Ps; he did it while being younger than all of them, except one, who weve discussed just a few minutes ago.

What does any of this have to do with you stating the argument could be made that the Habs have 4 top 30 prospects. You're clearly delusional when it comes to Hab prospects, so again, I need to realize who I'm dealing with.

Reactions: Garthinater

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What does any of this have to do with you stating the argument could be made that the Habs have 4 top 30 prospects. You're clearly delusional when it comes to Hab prospects, so again, I need to realize who I'm dealing with.
You need to stop resorting to sophism to prove a point. Socrates is rolling in his grave.

Lets try and make an argument for yourself, lets make this fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad