Ranking Teams Prospects

Canucks777

Jun 17, 2018
I think a lot of the prospects will make it to the NHL. A bunch are pretty close already. The question, as always, is whether they'll stick in some capacity. Hextall's collected a lot of medium to high floor prospects in the past few years, without trading hardly any. (I can only think of the Marody trade...)

Depth is pretty important for developing or acquiring NHL players. Keeping a high volume of prospects leads to more hits. The Flyers can be more patient with the "projects" as the higher floor prospects move quickly through the system to support the parent club. It's a safe and successful approach to development.

I'm not sure how you can say that the Flyers don't have top end talent... Frost, Myers, Farabee, O'Brien all can be impact players in the NHL.
Sorry, They definitely have top end prospects but their only elite one is hart. I think Frost is just outside elite but will be very good. Same with Farabee. I don't know much about o'brian so I can't say. I'm just saying when it comes to prospects, I'd take quality over quantity. That doesn't mean Philly doesn't have very good prospects though, it just means I'd take Vancouver because they have more of the high end players that will not only be impact players but will be cornerstones for the franchise. But Philly's pool is top 5 for sure.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sorry, They definitely have top end prospects but their only elite one is hart. I think Frost is just outside elite but will be very good. Same with Farabee. I don't know much about o'brian so I can't say. I'm just saying when it comes to prospects, I'd take quality over quantity. That doesn't mean Philly doesn't have very good prospects though, it just means I'd take Vancouver because they have more of the high end players that will not only be impact players but will be cornerstones for the franchise. But Philly's pool is top 5 for sure.
And that is fair to say.

Philly and NJ also suffer since Nico and Nolan are the only ones from the 2017 draft not considered rookies. Imagine our pools with those 2 in them after tearing apart the CHL.

I said it last year that Philly would not repeat as top prospect pool team since Patrick and Sanheim would be graduated(now Hagg too). So to be somewhere around top 5 is all good.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
And that is fair to say.

Philly and NJ also suffer since Nico and Nolan are the only ones from the 2017 draft not considered rookies. Imagine our pools with those 2 in them after tearing apart the CHL.

I said it last year that Philly would not repeat as top prospect pool team since Patrick and Sanheim would be graduated(now Hagg too). So to be somewhere around top 5 is all good.
Vancouver, Carolina and Buffalo will drop like rocks next year, so with the depth you guys have theres still a good chance you stay in the top 5. Especially with a good year from Obrien who could he a big riser.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Vancouver, Carolina and Buffalo will drop like rocks next year, so with the depth you guys have theres still a good chance you stay in the top 5. Especially with a good year from Obrien who could he a big riser.
I can see buffalo dropping easily, don't know how their big two don't make it, along with Pilut. I don't know enough about Carolina to comment but obviously Svechnikov makes it, probably Necas but vancouver has painted themselves into a corner for graduating prospects. The amount of one-way deals on defense blocks at least Juolevi and a lack of space on wing means Petterson and a lack of C prospects means Gaudette might make it.

Unless the usual vancouver issue of injuries happen all year again, I can see Petterson and Gaudette being the only graduates leaving, still, a pretty healthy group of prospects behind them. Probably not top 3 or 5, but it'd still be a strong group

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not sure since they likely won't have any new top 10 player added to the pool come draft day. We won't be top 5 if Frost makes the team because Lindblom and likely Myers graduate, but that's ok. Having the pool drop down because they are becoming NHLers is a good thing. It's when it drops because the bust themselves that becomes an issue.

2019/20 Could be any mix of Frost, Morin, Vorobyev, Ratcliffe, Rubstov, Kase, etc...
2018/19 Lindblom, Myers, maybe Frost and Aube Kubel
2017/18 Patrick, Sanheim, Hagg, Laughton, Leier
2016/17 Provy, Konecny, Weal
2015/16 Ghost, Cousins

I expect a drop for sure as other teams will have multiple high draft picks. And as I said, that's ok.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not sure since they likely won't have any new top 10 player added to the pool come draft day. We won't be top 5 if Frost makes the team because Lindblom and likely Myers graduate, but that's ok. Having the pool drop down because they are becoming NHLers is a good thing. It's when it drops because the bust themselves that becomes an issue.

2019/20 Could be any mix of Frost, Morin, Vorobyev, Ratcliffe, Rubstov, Kase, etc...
2018/19 Lindblom, Myers, maybe Frost and Aube Kubel
2017/18 Patrick, Sanheim, Hagg, Laughton, Leier
2016/17 Provy, Konecny, Weal
2015/16 Ghost, Cousins

I expect a drop for sure as other teams will have multiple high draft picks. And as I said, that's ok.
Still a 20ish pick is going to be in the way, so thats a positive. The Flyers have looked future focused since Holmgren left, my guess is they might keep picks, just adding two top 60 picks to that crop is surely good enough to keep it relevant.

Imo NYR, Colorado and NYI are the only locks to stay top 10.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad