GDT: Rangers vs. Some unidentified lethargic team with no hustle

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
People are acting like we weren't going to lose some games after losing our 2 best d-men & the best player in the world. Until we get some guys back it's just gonna happen.

i don't think they'd expected the team to collectively turn in their testicles. it's not THAT they're losing. it's HOW they're losing.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'm just praying they're playing like this because they're pacing themselves for the playoffs...and the chemistry that's not really there

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Obviously I'm a huge Bennett proponent, and I'd play him until he shows signs of weakness. But DB has to call this kid up and bench some of these bums next game, just to send a message.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I think Iggy deserves to play with an all star center. But Malkin isn't playing like one.

I think Kunitz-Malkin-Neal needs to happen. We need to get Malkin going, and I think this is the only way how.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Too much lineup turnover. With 3 new guys in, Crosby, Letang, Martin, even Bennett out.. its just too much. You can see it all over the ice. Guys are second guessing where to go. Coverage is just brutal. Throw on top of that no desire to compete tonight. Not sure why, but they didn't feel up to the challenge.

Just wait for Jokinen to come in. That ought to be just as fun.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm going to say this beat down is a damn good thing. Hopefully it ends 7-1 or so. That will reignite the team. Guaranteed.

Is THAT suddenly going to give the Pens a PMD? Sorry Cole, but one of the biggest problems tonight is that you've got the same game plan predicated on quick, crisp outlets and the defensemen helping in transition mixed with four pylons and a Niskacluster****.

Passion would help. An adjustment would help as much.

One thing I still don't get is why Bylsma won't touch Malkin's line, if only to experiment in an out of hand game. I just don't see it. Iggy and Neal are superfluous, and Neal just doesn't work on the left side.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Second time in two nights NBCSN has a huge "Penguins Sloppy Play" banner up at the top of the screen. Ugh...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
People are acting like we weren't going to lose some games after losing our 2 best d-men & the best player in the world. Until we get some guys back it's just gonna happen.

No dude let's be honest with ourselves... that's not what this is. This is a total lack of hustle and commitment. Letang and Martin would not save us tonight with this energy level. It sucks we lost those guys and we will lose a few close games here and there on account of it but this is zero compete. And even without those guys, a team with:

Geno
Iggy
Neal
Morrow
Sutter
Kunitz
Dupuis
Orpik
Despres

Should never get outplayed this badly. Never. This is like watching a team from the pre-season play a team at the end of the season.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
Obviously I'm a huge Bennett proponent, and I'd play him until he shows signs of weakness. But DB has to call this kid up and bench some of these bums next game, just to send a message.

call up Bennett, Dumoulin, and Sill/Farnham and bench Glass, Orpik, and Kennedy. tell those ******* to take notes and look for their backbones.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Did our coach change? :laugh: Its all vitale and bortuzzos fault so they will be benched. :sarcasm:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

losing games shouldn't look like this. but point taken. I said it earlier; we are a good hockey team playing a bad hockey game.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
We're play a ranger team who had new guy syndrome, without three of our best players. Yeah I was expecting a bad stretch of games. This is not the end of the season. Ill feel better when we know Crosby's fate

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Line juggling isn't helping matters, but it's probably a necessary evil with all this roster turnover.

Unfortunately, the lines I'd like to see tried (Sutter-Dupuis-Kunitz/Iginla) (Malkin-Kunitz-Neal) are the only two I haven't seen.

CrozJawz*

Look for the Pens to start gooning it up in the 3rd, ala Philly, trying to "send a message" for Friday's game and spend most of the period in the box. Rags could easily end up winning 7 or 8-1, likely with a Clowe HT.

Just tired of hearing the "new guys" excuse. Clowe and Brassard have a combined 6 points tonight in 40 minutes of play with their new team and they never seem to be confused or out of place.

What? Did Ray trade for a bunch of idiots who can't figure out what to do 4 or 5 games in?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Is THAT suddenly going to give the Pens a PMD? Sorry Cole, but one of the biggest problems tonight is that you've got the same game plan predicated on quick, crisp outlets and the defensemen helping in transition mixed with four pylons and a Niskacluster****.

Passion would help. An adjustment would help as much.

One thing I still don't get is why Bylsma won't touch Malkin's line, if only to experiment in an out of hand game. I just don't see it. Iggy and Neal are superfluous, and Neal just doesn't work on the left side.

Letang will be back Friday!!!

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
We're play a ranger team who had new guy syndrome, without three of our best players. Yeah I was expecting a bad stretch of games. This is not the end of the season. Ill feel better when we know Crosby's fate

Why don't our players ever get new guy syndrome?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Agree 100% Bennett should get the call next game and Glass, Kennedy, and Orpik should all sit. Yes Orpik. Send a ****ing message. His play around the net is once again putrid tonight. Ryan Whitney soft.

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
Look for the Pens to start gooning it up in the 3rd, ala Philly, trying to "send a message" for Friday's game and spend most of the period in the box. Rags could easily end up winning 7 or 8-1, likely with a Clowe HT.

Just tired of hearing the "new guys" excuse. Clowe and Brassard have a combined 6 points tonight in 40 minutes of play with their new team and they never seem to be confused or out of place.

What? Did Ray trade for a bunch of idiots who can't figure out what to do 4 or 5 games in?

The worse the loss the better, maybe embarrassment will wake them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad