Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Pens | 1/20/13

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I voted for Bickel, Hank and Hagelin for the lols.

My serious votes would have gone to Nash, Pyatt and MDZ. They are the only three who have come to play the last two games and I thought that even before they scored. I don't see how anyone can say Callahan or Boyle have had good games. But I'm pretty sure some people pleasure themselves to thoughts of Callahan at night so whatever.

Without vaseline and listening to the BeeGees I bet too... ;)

Apr 10, 2012
surprised halpern and biron got so little love on the poll. i thought biron did fine for the team playing in front of him. halpern was 78% on faceoffs! that's INSANE and exactly what we need him to do... and he wasn't nearly as bad as some other guys out there. callahan was terrible for callahan both nights didn't deserve a single vote let alone 25...he was not playing like a leader

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Halpern is actually faster than I thought he'd be, which is a pleasant surprise for that line, I think he'll work out well once he gets settled in.

new lines in practice,

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Bickel (for Asham, absent)

top heavy but worth a shot to get things going. I think being with Stepan and Callahan will help Kreider and maybe Hagelin's energy will get Boyle going

Bardof425*

The Senators, players and fans sure seemed to be in the playoffs last season.

Really? That's funny. He face washed Erik Karlsson, the Sens best player who is half his size. Then when Carkner came after him, he put up no resistence. Granted he was jumped but he found the fetal position and started calling for his mommy. He is really, really soft for a guy his size. It's really not even debatable. We can debate whether he sucks or not, but there is no argument for his toughness except that he blocks shots. But our entire team does that and they are not all tough.

Bardof425*

Halpern is actually faster than I thought he'd be, which is a pleasant surprise for that line, I think he'll work out well once he gets settled in.

new lines in practice,

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt

top heavy but worth a shot to get things going. I think being with Stepan and Callahan will help Kreider and maybe Hagelin's energy will get Boyle going

Get him going where? Are you saying that he's a dynamo waiting for the right lilne mates to start lighting the lamp? Stop it! last year when the Mitchell, Hagelin, Boyle line produced, Hags and Mitch did it without BB's help and some would argue in spite of his clumsiness.

That aside, I like Gabby back on the right side. I would switch him and Cally for more balance and see what happens.

Ranger109

Mar 2, 2011

new lines in practice,

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt

Fullllllly agree on Halpern's speed. I was shocked and impressed:yo:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Get him going where? Are you saying that he's a dynamo waiting for the right lilne mates to start lighting the lamp? Stop it! last year when the Mitchell, Hagelin, Boyle line produced, Hags and Mitch did it without BB's help and some would argue in spite of his clumsiness.

That aside, I like Gabby back on the right side. I would switch him and Cally for more balance and see what happens.

No silly - thats the Chris Kreider excuse.

Why would anyone say that about Boyle, who has a completely different role?

Dorado*

PYATT B. Rich Nash
Ck STEP GABY
HAG BB CALLY
RUPP HALPERN AA

SEEM like most balanced lines and everyone stays in position .
Callahan will still get his minutes on special teams / fire unit PP . Having BB play with Callahan and Hagelin is a better fit than having CK . Let CK play and go hard to net and clean up Gaboriks rebounds as well as give another speedster on opposite wing . PYATT in a first line role can compliment another big powerful player in Nash and not only help on the cycle but also go hard to the bet and clean up Nash loose change

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I think the lines that eventually stick will have Gaborik with Richards and Nash with Stepan, as Nash can create his own offense more so than Gaborik

*Bob Richards*

What about reuniting the line of Haggy, Richards and Gaborik? I thought it was rather dynamic last season. Then again, I'd imagine that ****s the other lines rather hard.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Pyatt has no business on the 1st line.

Well it depends. If the line has cohesion that way, he belongs there. I mean technically Brad Isbister didn't belong on the 1st line with Jagr, either, but most of the time chemistry develops between 2 guys (like with Jagr & Nylander) so the 3rd guy can be there to be a big body and help on the cycle around the boards, for instance. If Richards and Nash play well together and Pyatt scores an odd goal here and there with them, so be it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What about reuniting the line of Haggy, Richards and Gaborik? I thought it was rather dynamic last season. Then again, I'd imagine that ****s the other lines rather hard.
Not really:

Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Kreider - Boyle - Pyatt

*Bob Richards*

I'd like to see Stepan and Nash tried, so this would work for me.

As someone said before, Nash is much better at creating his own offense than Gaborik so Richie returning to his side would be better. I guess one of Callahan or Nash would need to swing on to the left side.

*Bob Richards*

Hell, I'd like to make Bickel another forward. Eminger is much better than him anyway.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt

Looks fine to me.

I'm glad we're going to see what Nash-Richards-Gaborik can do. I like those top-heavy lines. Once they build chemistry, not many teams are going to keep them off the scoresheet on a nightly basis.

Hagelin/Kreider-Stepan-Callahan works for me as a second line. I don't think this kills our depth.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I think the lines that eventually stick will have Gaborik with Richards and Nash with Stepan, as Nash can create his own offense more so than Gaborik

I agree with this for the same reason. Its smarter to put Gaborik back in the same spot where he scored the THIRD most goals in the league last year and to move Nash down to play with Stepan.... The added bonus is that the opposition will have to make a decision on which defense to play against which line

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As someone said before, Nash is much better at creating his own offense than Gaborik so Richie returning to his side would be better. I guess one of Callahan or Nash would need to swing on to the left side.

Either one could do it. Nash has played most of his career at LW. Callahan can do anything. Hell you could even move Stepan there and have Callahan center, which is like my new project, but Torts will never do it.

*Bob Richards*

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt

Looks fine to me.

I'm glad we're going to see what Nash-Richards-Gaborik can do. I like those top-heavy lines. Once they build chemistry, not many teams are going to keep them off the scoresheet on a nightly basis.

Hagelin/Kreider-Stepan-Callahan works for me as a second line. I don't think this kills our depth.

This is a line just begging for its own name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad