Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Pens | 1/20/13

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Before people keep saying it, Kreider had his head up. He just didn't seem to think Orpik was going to throw that hit

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
that 2nd goal destroyed us, but we seemed to reclaim what we had brewing between our goal and Pitts' 2nd. everything in between their 2nd goal and Nash's shorty (excluding Pyatt's goal) was ****ing horrible.

Kershaw

I thought we played well in the 3rd. I'll reserve critical judgement until the 10th game.

Championship*

This is officially "Getting Off to a Slow Start". The one thing you couldn't do in a shortened season. Last year looking like a fluke right now until they can prove otherwise.

Serious question, when was the last time the Rangers gave up 6 in a game?

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Nash is our best player, flat out.. Torts needs to rip these players back into shape.

Torts is beginning to annoy me a bit.. Well I never really liked him anyways.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
1. The two things I really liked about Ranger teams the last 2ish seasons were that they were physical and had a high compete level. Outside of a few stretches, the absence of those two things tonight is exactly what pisses me off to no end.

For a solid 30-40 minutes this team was flat out embarrassed. I understand needing to gel. I understand breakout and PP issues with the turnover and lack of camp. What I will never forgive is taking large sections of games 100% off. It’s unacceptable.

2. It may not be fair, and he certainly did not get good help at times, but the simple fact is Hank needs to play better for us to win games.

4. How many players are the Rangers willing to let Orpik take out before they do something about it? It was a clean hit but how about manning the **** up? Bunch of Nancys. Just what Kreider needs for his development now too. :shakehead

Last edited:

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
the good news is that nash looks good. when stepan richards and gabby hopefully get going we can be very dangerous on offense

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Richards needs to be beaten every time he tries a pass like that.

Nash was good, really liked Pyatt and Halpern again, FO's were better we actually won 36-27!

Championship*

Also, the curse of "If you score first on the Rangers you win" continues.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Rick Nash is a beast. I also like some of the role players signed like Halpern, Asham and Pyatt.

The team really lacks chemistry. I think they're really suffering from having a real training camp and preseason. They're gonna have to turn it around quick though. I'm not panicking after 2 games. They could go nuts over their next few games. They certainly have the talent to do so.

Hank needs to play better. As said, I won't panic as I know he'll get back to normal in no time.

Gaborik has been bad, but I expect him to get better as time goes on. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Stu Bickel isn't an NHL defenseman. I hate the rip on him, but he was just awful.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I kind of agree with Sam and Joe. They looked better than last night and I'm sure they'll get things going.

Nash and steps were okay, Richards really needs to step up.

We'll beat the Flyers thursday.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I thought Nash, DZ and Pyatt (even without his goal) had really great games. Everyone else blew. I thought the line of Stepan, Kreider and Hagelin looked pretty good for the 20 seconds they were out together.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Time to rev up some oldies-but-goodies threads

This is a Bad Hockey Team
Fire Torts
Gaborik Must Go
Brad Richards is a 4th Line Player

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Posted these thoughts in the GDT right before this thread was made:

"Nash looked good. DZ looked good. Richards has been productive despite making mistakes.

Gaborik needs to step up.

Bickel is making way too many mistakes. As much as I like his heart, you can't play like that for too long without being demoted.

They make stupid passes at their own blue line when breaking out way too often. Gotta get on that. On the plus side, the PP looked better and the PK is looking pretty effective."

Sums up my feelings on the game.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
he will never have development being on the lines he's been on. He needs to be moved up, and Hagelin needs to be moved down.

He needs to work on his personal game, first. Another game where he looks uninterested in doing anything at all.

At least Hagelin is TRYING (albeit failing) to do things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad