Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
I would put players on the ice so we dont forfeit which could have tax implications or such.
What i would do is have the players on the ice but then just skate off once puck is dropped and give the caps an empty net.

and just keep doing that repeatedly. Sure the score would be 10,000-0 but who cares. Would screw up everything including record books
Protest a game because of a cheap shot? Oh boy, society has hit an all time low.

come on guys, did yall just start watching hockey. Call up a goon and have him jump wilson, its really that simple

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Next game we do what carkner did to boyle with geersten. Its as simple as that
And whats solve. Id love to see Wilson get his comeuppance but it doesn’t change the fact our star is injured, which is the lucky timeline he coulda been dead. Also Wilson wont learn he never learns, he needs to be gone for good

Reactions: Kreider Typical

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
yeah too bad Tony wasn't still around last night, he could've called Wilson a homophobic slur
He wouldve at least tried to cheap shot him if he was on the ice. Man, not only sport but the fans have gone flaccid

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
And whats solve. Id love to see Wilson get his comeuppance but it doesn’t change the fact our star is injured, which is the lucky timeline he coulda been dead. Also Wilson wont learn he never learns, he needs to be gone for good
Couldve been dead . Come onnnnn.

what does it change? Alright then I guess just we should declare open season on all our players because we wont do anything. Lets see how that goes. Im curious how long some have watched hockey for here

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
Honestly, yes. We have nothing left to play for, tell the league to shove it and make them look like a joke.
My lord, some of you talking about forfeiting because of a cheap shot. Sheesshhhh. Im out, this society is at an all time low. Bring back real hockey

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I’d absolutely forfeit tomorrow’s game. It’s a national game and would make waves across the sports world. We have nothing to play for beyond experience for the kids. Show them you mean business.

I wouldn’t forfeit the last two games, but I wouldn’t be upset if they did.

Apr 10, 2012
Couldve been dead . Come onnnnn.

what does it change? Alright then I guess just we should declare open season on all our players because we wont do anything. Lets see how that goes. Im curious how long some have watched hockey for here
This statement is something... and I bet it isn't the last something

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
My lord, some of you talking about forfeiting because of a cheap shot. Sheesshhhh. Im out, this society is at an all time low. Bring back real hockey
it’s not the cheap shot, it’s the lack of response by the league. dangerous, reckless plays shouldn’t go unpunished. the fact the guy is a repeat offender makes it so much worse. we have nothing left to play for anyway so who cares?

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Means nothing unless they come out and get their pound of flesh. Team better sack the f*** up and stand up for their star player.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
the league has absolutely become soft and the game was better 15 years ago, injuries and warts and all. The game needs the fighting and grittiness and scrums. If a player goes over the line, punish him then move on. It’s not Wilson’s actions that are so upsetting, it’s the total inaction from the league that are so damning. The game is better with more Wilson types with regards to toeing that line. But when you cross that line, you need to be punished. Repeat offenders need to be punished harder. That’s where the league failed. No suspension at all is laughable.

Reactions: Cmox

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
This thing is, the Rangers will get punished more by the league office for issuing that statement than Wilson was for committing the acts.

Granted I don't personally have to pay the inevitable fine but I would imagine it's worth every penny.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just echoing the sentiments of others, I'm really surprised to see this, but equally proud that it's here. Good on the team.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Havent followed the sport in 5-6 years I should say. Occasionally tune into a game but get bored because how soft the game has gotten. It’s not the hockey I knew and loved. Its glorified figure skaters these days. Once Tony and Brendan got shipped out of town it was pointless to even tune in. Those guys cared
Can you go back to not caring and stop posting as well? We're all getting dumber reading your posts.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
“Real hockey”

it WAS better back then. Rangers statement talks about “horrifying acts of violence”. THAT is a horrifying act of violence. That should have been punished and was. Tom Wilson’s actions last night weren’t anywhere near as egregious, but was still a reckless and dangerous act from a repeat offender that should have been punished beyond a measly fine that’s pocket change to him.

Reactions: Cmox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad