Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I was hoping our response on the ice last night was better, but seeing this is more powerful than any physical response to Wilson. I'm proud of the organization for standing up for their players and saying what needs to be said. The only thing they were missing was an open bounty on micro-Willy...

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Rangers message to the league:
You wanna run your business like a gong show
Ill show you what a gong show is.
lmao the Rangers aren't going to do shit tomorrow. That's what upsets me more than this. Quinn's culture is so f***ing weak and it showed last night.

I'm just terrified they're going to overreact with regards to personnel decisions. As others said, this may cause them to draft a McIlrath rather than a Fowler or Tarasenko and set us back. Or may cause us to trade Lundkvist and keep Schneider kind of thing. They really have to be smart about the long term road map of this team.

Reactions: mcsauer2738

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
We don't have enough of this. Quinn and the players trusted the league, they could have easily crossed the line with their comments and trusted the system. The league let them down.

Reactions: CLW and Kords

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It's really the union that needs to blink.

They have to stop endangering players on 30 teams to protect one player.
Yes. This. There’s a ton of room for physicality in the league and drawing a line on this kind of nonsense should be agreeable to everyone who’s not a psychopath.

Reactions: CLW

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
lmao the Rangers aren't going to do shit tomorrow. That's what upsets me more than this. Quinn's culture is so f***ing weak and it showed last night.

I'm just terrified they're going to overreact with regards to personnel decisions. As others said, this may cause them to draft a McIlrath rather than a Fowler or Tarasenko and set us back. Or may cause us to trade Lundkvist and keep Schneider kind of thing. They really have to be smart about the long term road map of this team.

I think you're reading way to into this. The Rangers did exactly what they should, released a groundbreaking statement calling for the removal of a top NHL official. This almost never happens and very well could move the needle.

The management are not idiots. They know Wilson is a relic of the past. They're not about to forego everything they've worked for to draft a Boogaard or something in the first round. Irrespective of what occurred last night, the team needed to add grit to our 3rd pair and 4th line anyway. I'm sure this will be addressed moving forward. And it won't have diddly to do with our top guys who will continue to be skill focused.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I think you're reading way to into this. The Rangers did exactly what they should, released a groundbreaking statement calling for the removal of a top NHL official. This almost never happens and very well could move the needle.

The management are not idiots. They know Wilson is a relic of the past. They're not about to forego everything they've worked for to bring in a Boogaard or something. Irrespective of what occurred last night, the team needed to add grit to our 3rd pair and 4th line anyway. I'm sure this will be addressed moving forward. And it won't have diddly to do with our top guys who will continue to be skill focused.
I don't know. I really do think they need to add grit to the team. They're just getting manhandled by everyone. Or maybe it's a culture thing, I really don't know. I think how they were beaten down last year against Carolina and now how the Islanders beat them down and what the Caps did last night is a huge wakeup call for them. I really feel like this last week completely changed the mindset of the team.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC

WHy not? Lets probe the parameters of what it takes for a ten game suspension.
Lets find out whos the caps emergency goaltender.
I could care less if we lost 10-0

Reactions: Flan the incredible

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Again, if someone does something and gets their pound of flesh tomorrow, DoPS can’t turn around and really penalize that guy after what they let slide here.

Didn’t Parros have his career ended by getting his head slammed into the ice? Figured he’d know how serious that could be.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I don't know. I really do think they need to add grit to the team. They're just getting manhandled by everyone. Or maybe it's a culture thing, I really don't know. I think how they were beaten down last year against Carolina and now how the Islanders beat them down and what the Caps did last night is a huge wakeup call for them. I really feel like this last week completely changed the mindset of the team.

They've been without Trouba, their toughest player, and without Kreider for the past two as well. The Rangers shouldn't have to goon it up to defend themselves against a guy who is running around assaulting players multiple times a year. That's on the league. And if you're wanting the Rangers to come up with a solution to a problem that occurs over and over again across differing teams, with the same player, that's on you, not them.

This team made a lot of strides this year. The overreaction to the last few games is expected, but still pathetic. The reason the Rangers are where they are is because of their poor start and the fact that they ended up in the hardest division in the NHL.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
WHy not? Lets probe the parameters of what it takes for a ten game suspension.
Lets find out whos the caps emergency goaltender.
I could care less if we lost 10-0
I'm fine with that as long as one of our important players isn't suspended through some point of next season or some career ending or life threatening injury happens to one of the Caps. You don't want any of that. There's a balance they have to find. If they want to call up a goon to go after Wilson, fine. But I doubt they will.

Honestly, the Rangers should consider just forfeiting the game. It means nothing to them anyway since they've already been eliminated, and it'll really show the league they take this seriously.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Outstanding. Massive hand clap to the Rangers front office.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wow, good for the New York Rangers. I am proud of my #1 rival today.
Yeah I think every fanbase outside of DC can pretty much unite in saying the NHL sucks and Parros is a blind hack.
You guys are officially #2. I don't know if that's good or not but congrats I guess. :laugh:

But in all seriousness, kudos on being able to have common sense here despite the rivalry.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
They've been without Trouba, their toughest player, and without Kreider for the past two as well. The Rangers shouldn't have to goon it up to defend themselves against a guy who is running around assaulting players multiple times a year. That's on the league. And if you're wanting the Rangers to come up with a solution to a problem that occurs over and over again across differing teams, with the same player, that's on you, not them.

This team made a lot of strides this year. The overreaction to the last few games is expected, but still pathetic. The reason the Rangers are where they are is because of their poor start and the fact that they ended up in the hardest division in the NHL.
If the Rangers made the playoffs, it would be a repeat of the bubble last year. This is a team problem. This is a culture problem. We saw all of it against the Islanders and against the Caps. They're going nowhere in the playoffs. It's not an overreaction at all to say this team will struggle mightily with playoff hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad