Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
This is awesome. Good for NYR for having the guts to put this statement out and going against the NHL and their decision
It’s a pansy statement. Its pathetic where hockey has gone. You wanna make a statement? Then carry a heavy or call up the biggest goon you have in the A and have him jump wilson

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Heres the biggest issue and why ive stopped watching hockey for about 5-6 years. The league is sooooo soft. Its not suspension worthy. But this is what happens when you dont carry a scrapper and any player that plays with an edge you trade/cut.

Rangers need to get tough again and hockey as a whole needs to turn the clock back a decade when it was a great sport. Its a shell of itself now
He sucker punched one guy on the ground and judo flipped another thats not suspension worthy???????????

Reactions: Inferno

LyNX27

Heres the biggest issue and why ive stopped watching hockey for about 5-6 years. The league is sooooo soft. Its not suspension worthy. But this is what happens when you dont carry a scrapper and any player that plays with an edge you trade/cut.

Rangers need to get tough again and hockey as a whole needs to turn the clock back a decade when it was a great sport. Its a shell of itself now

3 tough guys on IR for Rangers.

Wilson has run away from many fights even when the other team has a fighter. That's not the issue. The issue is a player who would sucker punch another one who's laying face down on the ground or grabbing the hair of someone before throwing them down.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
f*** yeah rags fans - good move by the org. This is how a strong culture is maintained when the employees know the org has its back. Plus as a leaf fan I hate parros anyway lol but the dude is clearly unfit to do his job.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Good on the Rangers to make this statement! Next step, refuse to put players on the ice when Wilson is there in your next game.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
What a season for Panarin. First there is a mysterious episode in Russia where apparently someone tried a hit piece on him. Then there's an North American freak trying to bash his brains out on the ice injuring him.

Good on the NYR for highlighting the NHL's BS.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
It’s a pansy statement. Its pathetic where hockey has gone. You wanna make a statement? Then carry a heavy or call up the biggest goon you have in the A and have him jump wilson
I find it odd that someone who has Sauer in their screen name would defend that and not be alarmed by potential career ending headshots. I wish HF boards had a unlike button for comments like this.

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
He sucker punched one guy on the ground and judo flipped another thats not suspension worthy???????????
A punch to the back of the head? Boo who. Grabbing panarins hair wasnt acceptable but has the league gotten so soft that people think we need suspensions for this stuff? No. We need enforcers. We need to bring real hockey back. The game sucks these days im sorry, its hard to watch figure skaters

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
NHL Headquarters rn

dr._strangelove_-_the_war_room.png

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Talk is f***ing cheap. Do something about it.

Opening shots were fired. Let's see how the NHL deals with this and the resolve of the NYR. I don't think the Rangers can let this go easily, if they do it just open the doors to the dark ages of sociopaths on the ice again taking people out.

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
- Hasn't watched hockey in 5-6 years

- Posting on a hockey message board

o_O
Havent followed the sport in 5-6 years I should say. Occasionally tune into a game but get bored because how soft the game has gotten. It’s not the hockey I knew and loved. Its glorified figure skaters these days. Once Tony and Brendan got shipped out of town it was pointless to even tune in. Those guys cared

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
A punch to the back of the head? Boo who. Grabbing panarins hair wasnt acceptable but has the league gotten so soft that people think we need suspensions for this stuff? No. We need enforcers. We need to bring real hockey back. The game sucks these days im sorry, its hard to watch figure skaters
Those are both ridiculously dirty plays which could have caused major injury. What was an enforce going to do during a powerplay lmao. Wilson still does his antics even with teams who have enforcers

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Good on the Rangers to make this statement! Next step, refuse to put players on the ice when Wilson is there in your next game.

I would put players on the ice so we dont forfeit which could have tax implications or such.
What i would do is have the players on the ice but then just skate off once puck is dropped and give the caps an empty net.

and just keep doing that repeatedly. Sure the score would be 10,000-0 but who cares. Would screw up everything including record books

Reactions: RandomTask26

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Havent followed the sport in 5-6 years I should say. Occasionally tune into a game but get bored because how soft the game has gotten. It’s not the hockey I knew and loved. Its glorified figure skaters these days. Once Tony and Brendan got shipped out of town it was pointless to even tune in. Those guys cared

yeah too bad Tony wasn't still around last night, he could've called Wilson a homophobic slur

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
The people who produce this statement are not the people who build a champion.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Thank god for the balls in JD and Gorton to make this statement. This isn’t even just about the Rangers, it’s the other 30 teams that have to deal with this bullshit. Horrible precedent to set.

When the most valuable franchise in the league comes out with a statement like this it is a massive deal.

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
Those are both ridiculously dirty plays which could have caused major injury. What was an enforce going to do during a powerplay lmao. Wilson still does his antics even with teams who have enforcers
Next game we do what carkner did to boyle with geersten. Its as simple as that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad