Rangers statement on Wilson non-suspension

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
3fjcke498vf11.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think the best part of this is focusing on the Panarin issue.

The Buchnevich play was dirty and deserved a 1 game suspension. But the Panarin thing getting completely ignored by the league because he was just lucky enough to not hit his head on the ice is the inexcusable part of this error.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
I think the best part of this is focusing on the Panarin issue.

The Buchnevich play was dirty and deserved a 1 game suspension. But the Panarin thing getting completely ignored by the league because he was just lucky enough to not hit his head on the ice is the inexcusable part of this error.

yes. I thought the Panarin thing was much worse than what he did to Buch. if it was almost anyone other than Wilson, you could almost give them the benefit of the doubt for what happened to Buch, maybe they didn't realize the stick was under his throat and they thought he was kicking the goalie, who knows. but he absolutely tried to slam Panarin's head into the ice, I couldn't believe my eyes when it happened.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I guess I’m in the minority but I thought what he did to Buch was worse than what he did to Panarin. Panarin and Wilson were willing combatants there. Buch was laying face down with his arms at his sides and Wilson punched his head into the ice. That was the dirtiest thing I’ve seen since Bertuzzi imo.

Anyway very glad to see this Rangers statement. Hopefully the players offer a statement of their own tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad