Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Nathan Gerbe

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Yep, he's really going to need an out-clause. Gerbe is 29 years old and 29 teams ignored him when he was on waivers. Given the obstacles, he's had a great career--played in over 400 NHL games (including playoffs) and he's still good enough to play professional hockey in very comfortable surroundings. Could have been much worse.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Yep, he's really going to need an out-clause. Gerbe is 29 years old and 29 teams ignored him when he was on waivers. Given the obstacles, he's had a great career--played in over 400 NHL games (including playoffs) and he's still good enough to play professional hockey in very comfortable surroundings. Could have been much worse.

Quality of life isn't too bad for him. Good guy, deserves it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Because? How many marginal players come back after they have turned 30 from playing one or more years in the Switzerland ?

That's a pretty specific set of circumstances and I obviously can't give you an answer. He has been a valuable role player for many years and I'd be surprised if another NHL team doesn't take a flyer on him before all is said and done. There are less accomplished players that get second or third chances.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He'll play again in the NHL before all is said and done.

Nah he won't . No one took him on waivers for cheap and he's small

He's not a bad player but the rangers have enough call ups and may aswell use the contract slot

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
That's a pretty specific set of circumstances and I obviously can't give you an answer. He has been a valuable role player for many years and I'd be surprised if another NHL team doesn't take a flyer on him before all is said and done. There are less accomplished players that get second or third chances.

On the other hand, Gerber signed a three year deal. That could be interpreted that he is looking to get settled, rather than risk having to move his family around to chase a potential NHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad