Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I think Vegas might even take the Avs based on goaltending alone

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Dallas is a very good team. IMO Dallas, Vegas, and Colorado are all about the same level. Good thing only one of them will make it out of the Central

Dallas is very good but I feel like they don’t have enough elite forward talent. Cant quite break down teams.

I hope they find a way against Vegas in game 7 though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What a shitty night of hockey
Yep. To make matters worse if one watched both games you hung onto the edge hoping. Glad I missed game 1 tonight but hated game 2 tonight despite the much superior quality of play. Dallas absolutely had the wrong approach tonight. They were content to try to sneak one out instead of using their pace and skating to run the Knights out of their rink. Instead they played a total defensivel posture, only breaking on counters, and playing for a 0-0 tie. The whole game I'm thinking Vegas have the talent to break this, Dallas don't. You don't play this type of game in an elimination game involving a SC champ because that club will get the result if you do.

Dallas are f***ed, even heading up to Dallas. You don't beat a defending SC champ loaded Vegas team in a game 7. Just awful strategy by Dallas tonight. Should have been gunning instead of hanging back.

ps why the f*** is Pavelski even on the ice with the game in the balance. Does he do anything?

Dallas is very good but I feel like they don’t have enough elite forward talent. Cant quite break down teams.

Exactly this. Which is why they should not have played a game of chicken with the Vegas Knights. Vegas have Marchessault, Eichel, Stone etc all more dangerous with game on line than anything Dallas got. With apologies to Heiskanen who hit the post with 12mins left. But at Forward other than Johnson Stars have nobody going. This is one of those Dallas games where you feel like they could play 10 periods and still get shutout.

Pavelski 0-0-0 in 6 playoff games in series. Just f***ing retire. Looks worse than Connor Brown out there. Dallas has him out there needing a tying goal with goalie pulled. The last time the guy scored Dinosaurs roamed the earth. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Messrules11

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

They have a hard time turning offensive chances into goals. They flub a lot in close

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They have a hard time turning offensive chances into goals. They flub a lot in close
Because they don't have a single elite scorer. or Even anything more than a 30 goal scorer. Dallas are basically LA with better goaltending and better D. At forward no difference.

As good as Adin Hill was I feel like the Stars just weren't putting the puck in impossible to stop spaces. Dallas tendency to pass off on shots also frustrating. They totally let vegas off the hook.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t really know what to make of the Stars. Every year they look like monsters on paper. But their leaders and “stars” like Benn and Seguin are just so underwhelming. If they gave out Cups for drafting a development they’d have already won one by now. But as a complete team, they are flawed.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don’t really know what to make of the Stars. Every year they look like monsters on paper. But their leaders and “stars” like Benn and Seguin are just so underwhelming. If they gave out Cups for drafting a development they’d have already won one by now. But as a complete team, they are flawed.
Best way to look at in assessing is realizing that Benn, Seguin, Pavelski are basically ghosts now in playoffs. They won't, or rarely now and they don't have the hands anymore to get that done. Its really just like if the Oilers Had a bunch of Senior Corey Perry's. Doesn't mean they will score. Maybe they look good on paper. The Senior forwards on the Stars are just there. They haven't done anyting in playoffs for years. Not since 2020

Dallas are also playing this series without Mason Marchment who got injured game 1. Critical piece of their team with his style of play. Robertson always disappoints in playoffs. There he is on a rush with 6mins left and Vegas backing it up. You figure an allstar player is at least going to attempt a screen shot. He dumps it into the corner and goes to the bench for a change. Hintz disappears in playoffs. Heiskanen was again spectacular in this game and the DAllas D serivice to forwards is fantastic but they just waste it all. Like I said earlier the Dallas forward lineup isn't better than the Kings. Their D and G are their strength when those are playing to their best.

Reactions: TheNumber4

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Best way to look at in assessing is realizing that Benn, Seguin, Pavelski are basically ghosts now in playoffs. They won't, or rarely now and they don't have the hands anymore to get that done. Its really just like if the Oilers Had a bunch of Senior Corey Perry's. Doesn't mean they will score. Maybe they look good on paper. The Senior forwards on the Stars are just there. They haven't done anyting in playoffs for years. Not since 2020

Dallas are also playing this series without Mason Marchment who got injured game 1. Critical piece of their team with his style of play. Robertson always disappoints in playoffs. There he is on a rush with 6mins left and Vegas backing it up. You figure an allstar player is at least going to attempt a screen shot. He dumps it into the corner and goes to the bench for a change. Hintz disappears in playoffs. Heiskanen was again spectacular in this game and the DAllas D serivice to forwards is fantastic but they just waste it all. Like I said earlier the Dallas forward lineup isn't better than the Kings. Their D and G are their strength when those are playing to their best.
Yeh if you take out their 3 big vets the depth that team has becomes overrated. I thought maybe Pavelski would still be a gamer though, but it’s not looking like it. I expected Benn and Seguin to be mediocre though.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If I were them I'd be more worried about playoff Draisaitl.
8opp0j-gif.863443
Motherf***ers forgot about Drai.
…and Hyman
….and Bouch
…and Kane

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just another comment but the last 2mins of the game featured the lack of urgency from the Stars. Vegs spent the next minute dominating the Stars right in their zone. Took a minute before Dallas were even able to establish in Vegas end and they didn't get much there either. With game on line, and in third period Vegas were just better. That will likely amplify in game 7. Dallas only chance to beat Vegas was tonight, to keep them on their toes. Soon as Vegas got a W back in this series its over. Pressure will be on Dallas at home and I could see them having scoring trouble again. Halfway through this game and I figured this is another one where Dallas will never score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad