Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Nathan Gerbe

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Best of luck to Nathan "Muggsy Bouges" Gerbe in New York. Will miss seeing the little guy on the ice here.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
sure gerbe is fast, but he isn't an offensive player, and being so small, even smaller then Zucc that is scary how small he is. Most games he played in a season is 81, other then that and 78 games, he hasn't played many games in a season. I am guessing he gets hurt alot because of his size. Rangers should sign Stephen Gionta then we can put Gionta, Gerbe and Zucc on the same line and the average height will be about 5"7 Rangers get smaller and smaller every year. its time for Mci to go, I think he is to big to be on the Rangers, oh well if you consider him to be a Ranger the way he gets utilized by AV. AV will love Gerbe cause he is small and weak.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
So, he's not a 4th liner at this point is he? Adds more speed which is great, but I think the Rangers are going to move a body at some point.

Lineup when healthy:

Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Step - Miller
Gerbe - Hayes - Grabner
? - Lindberg - Fast
Glass

Buch?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Gerbe has some good skill. Him & Zuccarello might be small, but they have a big advantage over their opponents when it comes to agility.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Biron said Gerbe'e one of the toughest shooters for goalies... don't really know why... but apparently it was deceptive and hard to pick up.

As a depth signing, I like this he.

Gerbe is a solid Hyandi Accent of a player and works really hard.

I like the guy's will. I like the guy's moxie and think he'd be a good character guy to be a depth player.

Still would prefer a Jooris over Gerbe.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
All logic & history would point to this as being the opening season lineup:

Zucc - Brass - Miller
Kreider - Step - Nash
Grabner - Hayes - Buch
Glass - Gerbe - Fast
Hrivik/Jensen

Lindberg LTIR

McD - Klein
Staal - Holden
Skjei - Girardi
McIllraith/Clendening

Hank
Rantaa

But it is still only July 2
I would bet a large sum of money it will be quite a different one on the ice on opening night (October 5 in Chicago).
Any takers?

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Biron said Gerbe'e one of the toughest shooters for goalies... don't really know why... but apparently it was deceptive and hard to pick up.

As a depth signing, I like this he.

Gerbe is a solid Hyandi Accent of a player and works really hard.

I like the guy's will. I like the guy's moxie and think he'd be a good character guy to be a depth player.

Still would prefer a Jooris over Gerbe.

Hyundai Accent
"Solid"

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc must be really happy now, haha, not the smallest guy on the team any more :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He could be a really good 4th liner but won't get the chance because he goes against the entire BS blueprint of what a 4th liner "should be" - big, slow, and not talented.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
He could be a really good 4th liner but won't get the chance because he goes against the entire BS blueprint of what a 4th liner "should be" - big, slow, and not talented.

Well they did just sign him, Groton has already said the bottom lines must contribute more and are not just about checking anymore. So there's hope they are actually trying to get more skilled in the bottom 6. Having pkrs and 4th liners that can score some goals regularly instead of the odd occasion is so important these days.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Oh, is that what is was supposed to be about?

Boston wins the cup = it's all about size and beating the **** out of your opponent!
LA/Chicago switch off every year = :dunno:
Pittsburgh wins the cup = it's all about rolling the 12 fastest skaters in the NHL!

Meanwhile, the underlying effects of what actually make a team good in the modern day NHL go unnoticed.

Rinse/repeat/hire a family member or someone with a playing pedigree as GM to protect the old guard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad