Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign F Ryan Carpenter to 1-year deal

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Carpenter is not here to take Othmann’s “spot”.

Othmann is competing for a spot with like Kravtsov. Othmann needs to win a spot in top six to make the team.
If both Othman and Kravstov impress you could put Blais on the 4th line.
So
Othman Chytil Kravstov
Goodrow. Carpenter Blais

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
I don't mind moving down Hunt and Brodz. Bring hunt back up if necessary. I would like to see Cullyle get a full time shot.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
> 50% FOW%
Medium level of body checking
Kills penalties but a PPGA/60 of 10.29 leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't mind moving down Hunt and Brodz. Bring hunt back up if necessary. I would like to see Cullyle get a full time shot.
I feel like getting Cuylle 15 min a night in Hartford for 41 games would do wonders for his development before bringing him up to play 7 min a game in NY.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Carpenter has nothing to do with Othmann.

I think what will wind up happening is Othmann will be good enough in camp to get a few NHL games under his belt without burning a year. 5-8 games. If he really tears it up it will be a tough decision to send him back. Other than winning a championship he has little to prove in the OHL, so I think he needs to get an extended look and also some real NHL experience under his belt.

For that to happen, a winger like Blais will need to slide up and down from the 3rd/4th, which will be no problem, especially since Motte will not be kept. Who cares about Hunt, Brodz or Gauthier, they are depth fodder who wont prevent this.

You could do something like Othmann Chytil Kravstov early in the year if Gallant trusts the kid enough. That line could be explosive

Reactions: McRanger92 and Atax

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Maybe Motte can play for $750,000 and Dolan can deposit $2M into an offshore account in the Cayman Islands.
IDK why teams don't do that or ::wink wink:: I have a job for you after your career. Wouldn't it be hard to prove?

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Good, cheap faceoff winner. Solid on the PK. Brother in law is a Flames tragic so got to see a LOT of Calgary games last season. This is a good signing.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I got nothing about this player. I hope for the best, yet think it's probably more like the coach liked him type move.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
this is the poor bastard Strome beat up in the game against Chicago where Trouba sent Khaira to kingdom come, lol
Nope. That was Stillman

Edit: my bad, Trouba beat up Stillman. Strome did go after Carpenter but “beat up” is a massive exaggeration. Strome threw some shots at him and Carpenter wrestled his helmet off. Very mundane encounter

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wonder if Goodrow and Carpenter get re-united as linemates. I forgot they played together in SJ. And he’s played with Reaves under Gallant

Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves

Seems like a perfect 4th line. All have connections to each other, all play big boy hockey, and all have complimentary skills

Kreider-Zibanejad-
Panarin-Trocheck-
Blais-Chytil-
Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves

Just have to figure out where Lafreniere, Kravtsov, and Kakko slot in

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I wonder if Goodrow and Carpenter get re-united as linemates. I forgot they played together in SJ. And he’s played with Reaves under Gallant

Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves

Seems like a perfect 4th line. All have connections to each other, all play big boy hockey, and all have complimentary skills

Kreider-Zibanejad-
Panarin-Trocheck-
Blais-Chytil-
Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves

Just have to figure out where Lafreniere, Kravtsov, and Kakko slot in

keep the kid line together once Kakko signs. I would go into the season and see if the kid line can continue what they did during the playoffs.

Reactions: Synergy27

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2