Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign F Ryan Carpenter to 1-year deal

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Random facebook guy was right.

Good defensively, Good PK'er. Hope he doesnt get overused like some of the other "depth" guys have been.
Don't count on it.

Next Tanner Glass. Mark my words. He'll play 60 to 65 games even though he won't deserve to. This would be ok, but only if Reaves was relegated to playing those other 20 to 25 games, which you known isn't happening.

I hope Goodrow, Blais, and Cuylle, or whoever is the LW on that 4th line is up to it. Get ready for another stretch of the 4th line getting hemmed into their own end.

If this was another 12th/13th forward names Joe Schmo that Gallant has no familiarity with, I'd be ok with this. But I know Gallant is going to overuse this guy.

Reactions: CLW

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Don't count on it.

Next Tanner Glass. Mark my words. He'll play 60 to 65 games even though he won't deserve to. This would be ok, but only if Reaves was relegated to playing those other 20 to 25 games, which you known isn't happening.

I hope Goodrow, Blais, and Cuylle, or whoever is the LW on that 4th line is up to it. Get ready for another stretch of the 4th line getting hemmed into their own end.

If this was another 12th/13th forward names Joe Schmo that Gallant has no familiarity with, I'd be ok with this. But I know Gallant is going to overuse this guy.

I don't think he's a problem on his own on the 4th line.

He AND Reaves would be. Reaves needs to be the 13th forward.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We have our centers, and so the only eventuality where he gets overplayed is in the event of an injury.

This guy fills Rooney's spot of 10 minutes a night on the 4th and 2 minutes a night on the penalty kill with Goodrow.

Frankly, the best news here is that it hopefully pushes Reaves out of the first choice 12.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Kreider-Ziba-Laf
Panarin-Trochek-Krav
Blais-Chytil-Kakko
Carpenter-Goodrow-Motte
Reaves

If the kids play well that'd be a formidable forward group. Motte was our best PKer in the playoffs. There was a noticeable difference with him on the ice vs off the ice.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.50.18 AM.png

20 player roster. Adding a 13th forward and 7th D at close to league minimum will leave less than $500K in space. Gauthier and Hajek are $800,000 each.

I gave Kakko 2 years/$5M. The cap will be flat for the next two seasons. If Kakko breaks out this season, the Rangers won't have to worry about his contract in the same summer as Lafreniere and Miller.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Don't count on it.
buzz kill

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
View attachment 569167
20 player roster. Adding a 13th forward and 7th D at close to league minimum will leave less than $500K in space. Gauthier and Hajek are $800,000 each.

I gave Kakko 2 years/$5M. The cap will be flat for the next two seasons. If Kakko breaks out this season, the Rangers won't have to worry about his contract in the same summer as Lafreniere and Miller.
Hunt/Brodzinski/Rydahl are the 13 F's. Gauthier will be dumped. Hajek is the 7. Kane cap space trade at deadline. Let's win a Cup.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
View attachment 569167

Seems like just enough for Motte if we really want him. We don't need to spend money on a 7D or 13th forward. All that will go to Motte, and like you said we had 500K also to add.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
We have our centers, and so the only eventuality where he gets overplayed is in the event of an injury.

This guy fills Rooney's spot of 10 minutes a night on the 4th and 2 minutes a night on the penalty kill with Goodrow.

Frankly, the best news here is that it hopefully pushes Reaves out of the first choice 12.

This is why i wanted to bring back Motte (or bring in Carp/other). Reaves can't be the daily #12 guy. just no. he cant be an automatic lineup name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad