Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign F Ryan Carpenter to 1-year deal

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Gallant connection in Vegas 4C signing.

I haven't seen any strong evidence that he's that much better than Rooney, but he's probably cheaper.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Rooney replacement? Don’t know anything about him.
There were rumors last season concerning the Rangers and Carpenter. His career face-off numbers are 48%-51%. His possession numbers are decent. They improved when he went from Chicago to Calgary. His numbers were good in Vegas. Gallant knows him from Vegas.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
They needed a depth center. I mentioned the team needed to sign (2) centers and (2) goalies in UFA. Halak, Domingue and Trochek, Carpenter. Carpenter may bounce between the AHL/NHL

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
New whipping boy just dropped?

If he plays above the 4th line? Absolutely.

Russian Bot @EdJovanovski is already working on Kakko being that guy. If Kravstov doesn't get off to a good start/have a decent season he's an easy target too. Then there are the likes of Blais and Reaves. Actually I'll go with Reaves since hes actually not a good player.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Would have preferred Motte but I get why we preferred a center. Cheaper too. Is he any good? I have no clue.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe Motte can play for $750,000 and Dolan can deposit $2M into an offshore account in the Cayman Islands.
Haha, I havent checked out the cap situation, are you saying we have no more money for him after this signing (and Kakko’s eventual signing).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad