Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks: "Light Schedule" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Hard to beat this team when both Lundqvist and Nash are at the top of their game. And them the support the both of them are getting...

Wish Lundqvist and Nash were playing like this in April instead. I love the ride, but my only concern is they are peaking too early... but without this run you can argue they wouldnt have a chance at the playoffs. They have won 13 of 14 and are barely in it.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
4TSmXDg.png

I thought the puck was under the glove when I saw the replay..

How can they miss this?

When no one raised theire arms and cheered I know they'd make the wrong call

This view is not definitive because of the angle it is on. There's no way you can possibly say if the entire puck is across the goal line.

BarbaraAlphanse

I do wonder if "peaking too early" is a thing.

They will inevitably revert to the mean a little. I assume they hit their regular post all star inconsistent play.

But I do think this team is legit and playing up to their potential. Insane that still not all parts are clicking at the same time.

Begining of season the success was a lot on Nash's back. Many players weren't playing up to their potential.

McDonagh, Kreider, Zucc have began to play well while players like Nash and Brassard are finding their offensive chances hurting a bit.

MSL hasn't hit his stride yet. We see spurts but then also games of ineffectiveness. Our 3rd line hasn't hit its potential.

Still have moves. I think we'll continue winning at a nice rate, but nothing like 9 in a row.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
4TSmXDg.png

I thought the puck was under the glove when I saw the replay..

How can they miss this?

When no one raised theire arms and cheered I know they'd make the wrong call

9qHOOm6.png

Its a good call. We won guys, stop crying over spilled milk.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
This view is not definitive because of the angle it is on. There's no way you can possibly say if the entire puck is across the goal line.

If the glove was elevated you'd be correct. However, it's pretty much flat on the ice.... Over the goal line!

It's definitely in, no question! We were robbed, again.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash is 2nd in the league in SH Corsi, behind only Andrew Cogliano.

Nash is 2nd in the league in SH GF%, behind only Michael Frolik

"He's a good PK'er", is really an understatement.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If the glove was elevated you'd be correct. However, it's pretty much flat on the ice.... Over the goal line!

It's definitely in, no question! We were robbed, again.

The puck is partially in the air and it's really close. Part of it is over for sure but there's really no way given the camera views we had available to say that 100% of the puck crossed the line. It was probably in but I can understand the call.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Great game but I wanna c hagelin get moved to the fourth line and put miller next to hayes with fast... Anyone can c how awful hagelin is offensively... He only scores empty netters or the occasional slapshot and as far as assists go he only is good for getting the puck first and passing out front of the net.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Great game but I wanna c hagelin get moved to the fourth line and put miller next to hayes with fast... Anyone can c how awful hagelin is offensively... He only scores empty netters or the occasional slapshot and as far as assists go he only is good for getting the puck first and passing out front of the net.

2nd on the team in goals in the playoffs last year

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I like how good Hags-Hayes-Fast are on the forecheck. Don't really want to break them up.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I like how good Hags-Hayes-Fast are on the forecheck. Don't really want to break them up.

It seems like them and the 4th line have been very good possession wise the past few games. IDK what the numbers say, but the eye test says don't change anything.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It seems like them and the 4th line have been very good possession wise the past few games. IDK what the numbers say, but the eye test says don't change anything.

Moore's line has been excellent possession wise.

Hayes' line has been good.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Toronto made the right call.

And while Hank has been playing great for the last 25 games or so, this is the first one that I feel like he stole. That's no denigration on the Rangers play. It was a good game from both teams.

No, they didn't make the right call. Yes, you can say 100% that it crossed the line. Why? Logic. Common sense. Obviousness.

Angles, depth perception, blah blah blah you can more than see how much behind the line the glove is. And we have use of more than just one picture and one angle. From the top down view, you can totally see how far into the net the glove is. From the other angle, you can clearly see where inside the glove the puck is. Put the two together, using, ya know, like, common sense and logic and stuff, and you've got definitive. Period. It was a huge blown call that could've ultimately cost us the game. Thank god it didn't. Toronto is pathetic.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Basically that the Rangers are good but he doesn't like our bottom 6 going into the playoffs because we, and I quote, "lack a big body."

Five minutes later he's talking about the Islanders and he absolutely loves their bottom 6, his reasoning being in short, "OMG I LOVE MATT MARTIN."

In a word: toffnuss.

In his defense, Matt Martin is an excellent 4th liner, one of the best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad