Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks: "Light Schedule" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The real question is, how did we win against the big scary West without Glass? We're so small, surely they'd have outscored us 10-0 while knocking out all of our best players...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The real question is, how did we win against the big scary West without Glass? We're so small, surely they'd have outscored us 10-0 while knocking out all of our best players...

Especially considering John McLean's brilliant argument about us having less toffnuss.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Good CA trip. Great way to finish it for Hank.

King now at .918 and 2.26 GAA and, (gasp), no one is talking about his contract anymore.

Best Rangers goalie in franchise history folks. Enjoy it while it lasts.

No one is talking about his contract because there isn't much to complain about with his game right now. He is doing a heck of a lot more to earn that contract now than he was earlier in the season.

And do you really want to goad people into a discussion about his contract after a game when he played well? Cuz if so -- the fact that he is now (closer to) earning the contract, doesn't change my mind about the fact that I'd prefer him to be making a bit less than he is. It was never a question for most people that he would eventually get back to this level, and that wasn't the argument that the rational people on these boards were ever making.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What did he say LOL?

Basically that the Rangers are good but he doesn't like our bottom 6 going into the playoffs because we, and I quote, "lack a big body."

Five minutes later he's talking about the Islanders and he absolutely loves their bottom 6, his reasoning being in short, "OMG I LOVE MATT MARTIN."

In a word: toffnuss.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Basically that the Rangers are good but he doesn't like our bottom 6 going into the playoffs because we, and I quote, "lack a big body."

Five minutes later he's talking about the Islanders and he absolutely loves their bottom 6, his reasoning being in short, "OMG I LOVE MATT MARTIN."

So.............tough offensive black holes = great in the bottom 6.

Offensively talented players that are super efficient in all three zones = bad bottom 6.

I understand I think.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So ugh, Remember that one other team that swept west canada and california in history (of east teams)?

Montreal.
Who was their coach? AV

Mind = Blown.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
4TSmXDg.png

I thought the puck was under the glove when I saw the replay..

How can they miss this?

When no one raised theire arms and cheered I know they'd make the wrong call

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
4TSmXDg.png

How can they miss this?

It was definitely in. I think it was a major copout by the league to not award that goal. If that was a potential game-tying goal, for example, in the last minute of a playoff game seven, i wonder if the ruling is the same...

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Wow, what a win! Epic game from Lundqvist!

And ******* Toronto. How thats not a goal is beyond me, very happy we got the 2 points in spite of this BS. But seriously; if they cannot call that a goal in Toronto they need to do something with their routines. This is just horrible.

Gave a star to MZA, glad he got the assist on the Nash goal. Kreider and Hank got my last votes.

Beat the Islanders on tuesday and the univerce will be in balance again.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
4TSmXDg.png

How can they miss this?

I thought it was obviously in, and I was watching on a standard-def TV in the bed, half-asleep.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Who was the first? And when? The thing, iirc, is up to a couple years ago, I don't believe every eastern team got a chance to play on the road out west the way we do now. If my memory serves correct, every team played a western team at least once, but it could've been at home or on the road, and sometimes you'd only play a western team once a year and at home.

One thing to note is they were all regulation victories iirc, not even OT/SO victories. It's really impressive by them, I'm curious when the next time someone will do that is.

Probably not in our lifetime. Maybe somewhere around 2040, that is, if we don't do it again next year. :yo:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
4TSmXDg.png

How can they miss this?

Whatever rational people that were left thinking that Toronto is unbiased, well now, the jury is out 100%. If someone states that maybe it's just so that the game continues undecided (making for a better game), you'd have to ask....."if it were the Rangers down 2-1, would we have gotten that call?

the answer is NO.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
There should be a dozen mini cameras inside every net. The technology is there, it's relatively inexpensive, and pretty easy to do.

The call last night is inexcusable in this day and age. Imagine if SJ tied it or wins it 3-2? The whole point of replay is to get it RIGHT. Bunch of sack less idiots in Toronto.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
What good are mini cameras if they can't get it right when the puck is obviously in the net anyway? That's clearly over the line not even close

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Time to replace the morons up in Toronto. Hire the ****ing MSG production team. That reverse angle SHOWS the puck deep down in the glove, which is clearly over the line. How can one mess up that call? It's criminal.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

It's the old school of thinking...your bottom lines are your tough ones that go out and punish opponents and wear them out while your top lines get rest

On the other hand, having a bottom six that can create offensive pressure and hold onto the puck will do a lot more to tire the other team out since it's more tiring to defend than attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad