Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
If MSG has to do reduced capacity for 2021, do you think Season Ticket Holders who kept their seats through COVID will get priority?

Even though I made the mistake of paying for my 2021 seats in full (before COVID), all things considered, I still think I have one of the best values in the Garden at $69 a pop. I just wish they weren't holding my money hostage...

Also, for what its worth, my rep said she doesn't anticipate any price hikes for 2021...

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I had rangers seasons for a year and dropped them because they were overpriced, and could get tickets for cheaper via the All For One pass. Also gonna drop my Knicks tickets for the same reason. Until MSG cuts their prices to match demand, I won’t touch any packages from them.
The only -- and I repeat ONLY -- benefit to seasons is if they go deep into the playoffs. They are easy to get regular season and first two rounds of the playoffs. The only time, I ever got hammered buying resale was SCF, when it was cheaper to fly to LA, stay at a nice hotel and sit in the equivalent of the 100s for the price a blue seat would have cost me.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
If MSG has to do reduced capacity for 2021, do you think Season Ticket Holders who kept their seats through COVID will get priority?

Even though I made the mistake of paying for my 2021 seats in full (before COVID), all things considered, I still think I have one of the best values in the Garden at $69 a pop. I just wish they weren't holding my money hostage...

Also, for what its worth, my rep said she doesn't anticipate any price hikes for 2021...
Reduced capacity will never work. Unless they let you pee in your seat.

Honestly though, the current vaccine trials seem promising. Kind of only way it would work.

Reactions: McSauer

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The only -- and I repeat ONLY -- benefit to seasons is if they go deep into the playoffs. They are easy to get regular season and first two rounds of the playoffs. The only time, I ever got hammered buying resale was SCF, when it was cheaper to fly to LA, stay at a nice hotel and sit in the equivalent of the 100s for the price a blue seat would have cost me.

Yup, even ECF won't cost a kidney...but if/when they make it back to the SCF that's when it's nice to have them.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Call them and they'll refund your money and let you move to a different payment plan. That's what I did. Used my credit for the unused games towards the first payment and took the $150 concession voucher too.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I just noticed Mets are going 100% digital next year. Haven't seen if the Yankees are doing the same. It's only a matter of time for the rangers IMO.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Yup, even ECF won't cost a kidney...but if/when they make it back to the SCF that's when it's nice to have them.
Yup this makes sense, and even then you just know Dolan is itching for that price increase when the rangers are a playoff team

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
What becomes of those who only have a flip phone?

Here in Vegas, the Knights have been digital only from the beginning. If you don't have a smart phone you can enter the arena with the credit card you the purchased tickets with. Your entire party would have to enter the building together using that method.

The entire digital system sucks & it's one of the reasons I'm done with the team after 3 seasons.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

Yep. I want to see the Stanley Cup awarded to the Rangers at the Garden with my own eyes...

At this point, if the Rangers were in the finals, I'd sell any non-clinching game for s much as I could get.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
About the prices for playoff tickets, I think the fan base reached a point in 2015 where everyone had seen playoff games with that group and were holding on for ECF and SCF tickets. There was definitely buying fatigue with fans.

In 2014, I sold game 3 vs Montreal for 3x's the value of the ticket. In 2015, you were selling under face value for a 2nd round game 1 vs Washington.

Moving forward, I'd expect the itch to be back in the fanbase overall. People will want to go, people with money will spend, but the amount of people with money has taken a hit, which could be a bigger factor depending on how the economy bounces back.

This is a new group and a different dynamic to the team. The team hasn't qualified for the playoffs for 2 years and now it is 3 without fans being present.

Next season hopefully having fans and with the team progression, if they get in, fans will clamor for tickets. I know I'll want to be at these games.

MikePLee

Oct 9, 2011
Hey, by chance did anyone watch the Coach Quinn Season ticket holder virtual event on zoom on July 9th? I just wanted to see if anyone possibly recorded the event? Coach Quinn answered one of my questions and I was trying to see if I could find a copy of it. Thank you for any help.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
My wife got robbed at gun point in SoHo 2 weeks ago. We were already contemplating selling the apartment in NYC and moving to Texas full time, but that was the final straw for her. She's already moved to our place in DFW and says she will never return to NYC even for a weekend visit. It sucks, I never thought we would go back to the NYC of the 70's and 80's but alas, here we are. Thankfully she wasn't hurt, if but a little emotionally shaken, just had her engagement ring and phone taken which can be replaced materially, though not sentimentally.
I hope we can sell the apartment, fortunately we bought it for cheap back in 95 and renovated it, and I think I'll be able to break even, but the market is so garbage right now that I have my doubts.
Anyways, back to the point of the thread, I've been a season ticket holder since 1990, and I thought about keeping them and selling them on ebay, but the margins are going to be slim to none so I'm not renewing.
However, as of today, I am officially a Dallas Stars season ticket holder! Even negotiated a refund if Covid impacts tickets again next year on the condition that I will keep the seats for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023. Huzzah! I'm also contemplating getting season tickets for the Allen Americans for some ECHL action! They're pretty damn cheap and I get to keep the hockey fix going for double the live games!

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
My wife got robbed at gun point in SoHo 2 weeks ago. We were already contemplating selling the apartment in NYC and moving to Texas full time, but that was the final straw for her. She's already moved to our place in DFW and says she will never return to NYC even for a weekend visit. It sucks, I never thought we would go back to the NYC of the 70's and 80's but alas, here we are. Thankfully she wasn't hurt, if but a little emotionally shaken, just had her engagement ring and phone taken which can be replaced materially, though not sentimentally.
I hope we can sell the apartment, fortunately we bought it for cheap back in 95 and renovated it, and I think I'll be able to break even, but the market is so garbage right now that I have my doubts.
Anyways, back to the point of the thread, I've been a season ticket holder since 1990, and I thought about keeping them and selling them on ebay, but the margins are going to be slim to none so I'm not renewing.
However, as of today, I am officially a Dallas Stars season ticket holder! Even negotiated a refund if Covid impacts tickets again next year on the condition that I will keep the seats for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023. Huzzah! I'm also contemplating getting season tickets for the Allen Americans for some ECHL action! They're pretty damn cheap and I get to keep the hockey fix going for double the live games!

That's f***ing horrible, but glad to hear she's ok. Jeez....the city is really circling the drain. When I was there in March, just before the outbreak, I was stunned at how dirty it had become. I can only imagine how unsafe it is now after the protests & the lack of a police presence. Be safe, brother.

Good luck with the move to DFW & the Stars tickets...I bet those seats are 1/4 of the price what the NYR cost. I was a STH here in Vegas for the first 3 seasons, but the owner here in greedier than Dolan. Now with the virus, my decision not to renew was timed perfectly.

Reactions: NCRanger

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
About the prices for playoff tickets, I think the fan base reached a point in 2015 where everyone had seen playoff games with that group and were holding on for ECF and SCF tickets. There was definitely buying fatigue with fans.

In 2014, I sold game 3 vs Montreal for 3x's the value of the ticket. In 2015, you were selling under face value for a 2nd round game 1 vs Washington.

Moving forward, I'd expect the itch to be back in the fanbase overall. People will want to go, people with money will spend, but the amount of people with money has taken a hit, which could be a bigger factor depending on how the economy bounces back.

This is a new group and a different dynamic to the team. The team hasn't qualified for the playoffs for 2 years and now it is 3 without fans being present.

Next season hopefully having fans and with the team progression, if they get in, fans will clamor for tickets. I know I'll want to be at these games.
I was able to get a nice price for my tickets to the Washington series. Sold game 2 to one of my regulars and went with the guy who sits to my right. Games 1 and 5, I received a nice bounty. Game 7, I was keeping, but then couldn't go due to something serious, so just sold it to one of my regulars for face. Wasn't in mood to deal with it and just wanted to make sure they didnt go to waste. Games 1 and 2 against Tampa, I got a nice chunk of change.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
That's f***ing horrible, but glad to hear she's ok. Jeez....the city is really circling the drain. When I was there in March, just before the outbreak, I was stunned at how dirty it had become. I can only imagine how unsafe it is now after the protests & the lack of a police presence. Be safe, brother.

Good luck with the move to DFW & the Stars tickets...I bet those seats are 1/4 of the price what the NYR cost. I was a STH here in Vegas for the first 3 seasons, but the owner here in greedier than Dolan. Now with the virus, my decision not to renew was timed perfectly.

We were thinking about moving to Vegas before the Covid hit.
I don't know if I want to live there as the city recovers from Covid... if it recovers.
I'm still considering buying property out there if I'm able to sell the apartment
I spend 8 weekends a year in Vegas already.
I need a craps table, cigar, and whiskey right now. F***ing Covid

But the Stars tickets are great. I got into one of those luxury clubs that has a buffet and open bar and it's less than what I was paying to sit in the 100's at MSG.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
We were thinking about moving to Vegas before the Covid hit.
I don't know if I want to live there as the city recovers from Covid... if it recovers.
I'm still considering buying property out there if I'm able to sell the apartment
I spend 8 weekends a year in Vegas already.
I need a craps table, cigar, and whiskey right now. F***ing Covid

But the Stars tickets are great. I got into one of those luxury clubs that has a buffet and open bar and it's less than what I was paying to sit in the 100's at MSG.

You don't want to live in Vegas as a primary residence. I'm finalizing an exit strategy from here. PM me if you want more details.

Zoot Love

Jul 20, 2020
Anyone else having trouble accessing your account? I log in and it just tells me there are no tickets/invoices or anything at this time.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So Vivid came after me for the canceled sales and I had to pay up. I gave them my savor card to charge the refunds, they normally have 4% cashback on tickets. But by luck they have a double promo with vivid so I get 8% on the charge. Ticketmaster already clawed back all my sales by taking it against the season ticket refund from the rangers and knicks. Only thing left is stubhub, they haven't said anything about paying up except an email weeks ago that it will be taken back against future sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad