Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I don't think that'll be next season but hope to be wrong. But drafting Laf will help lift soft demand!

Alot of variables, but I would not be surprised in the least that the NHL waits as long as possible to start next season to get this revenue. Maybe not initially, but 100% capacity for these building will be a thing in February and March if that October timeframe for a vaccine hits.

Trotsnj

Aug 26, 2020
I hope MSG is just being over cautious, but I just read that Billy Joel has postponed his latest series of concerts again. I think they were supposed to run from September through January. The first date is now November 2021!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Alot of variables, but I would not be surprised in the least that the NHL waits as long as possible to start next season to get this revenue. Maybe not initially, but 100% capacity for these building will be a thing in February and March if that October timeframe for a vaccine hits.

I think full buildings by February and March is being very ambitious. The vaccine may be here by October or November on emergency use but the dosage available will still be very small and making it accessible has its own issues. I think a vaccine getting approved will definitely open the door for limited capacity since the most vulnerable should be able to get the vaccine but I personally can't see full buildings for a while. I think if you had 100% across the board by the time the playoffs started that'd be a win. Even beyond the health issues, every locality has their own laws and regulations and I'm sure some will be stricter than others in terms of capacities. We're in September now and we don't even have indoor dining in NYC yet.

I do agree though that the NHL will delay this as long as they reasonably can. Bubble isn't going to work for a variety of reasons (not worth it to the players and the cost just doesn't justify it relative to their TV deals) and they need some sort of gate revenue even if it's 20% capacity. Maybe it's towards end of December or it's January but December 1st always seemed optimistic and even more so now.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think full buildings by February and March is being very ambitious. The vaccine may be here by October or November on emergency use but the dosage available will still be very small and making it accessible has its own issues. I think a vaccine getting approved will definitely open the door for limited capacity since the most vulnerable should be able to get the vaccine but I personally can't see full buildings for a while. I think if you had 100% across the board by the time the playoffs started that'd be a win. Even beyond the health issues, every locality has their own laws and regulations and I'm sure some will be stricter than others in terms of capacities. We're in September now and we don't even have indoor dining in NYC yet.

I do agree though that the NHL will delay this as long as they reasonably can. Bubble isn't going to work for a variety of reasons (not worth it to the players and the cost just doesn't justify it relative to their TV deals) and they need some sort of gate revenue even if it's 20% capacity. Maybe it's towards end of December or it's January but December 1st always seemed optimistic and even more so now.
Huge numbers of people are polling that they will either wait several months after available our outright refuse to ever take the vaccine (25%), that will make availability a lot better for people that want it

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Huge numbers of people are polling that they will either wait several months after available our outright refuse to ever take the vaccine (25%), that will make availability a lot better for people that want it
More for me and my family. Thanks folks! :P

But yeah, I suspect it will take many months even after approval to get near full capacity.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
More for me and my family. Thanks folks! :P

But yeah, I suspect it will take many months even after approval to get near full capacity.
My thing is that the US government has partnered with vaccine candidates that aren't the best out there based on anti-body reaction. The best available are Sinopharm and Sinovac, both Chinese vaccines that will not be available here. The ones here are the Moderna and Oxford vaccines which have uncertain effectiveness. Persaonally I'm just going to take one of each of whatever is available and fly overseas if I have to in order to get it, so long as the data shows no adverse effects

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
My thing is that the US government has partnered with vaccine candidates that aren't the best out there based on anti-body reaction. The best available are Sinopharm and Sinovac, both Chinese vaccines that will not be available here. The ones here are the Moderna and Oxford vaccines which have uncertain effectiveness. Persaonally I'm just going to take one of each of whatever is available and fly overseas if I have to in order to get it, so long as the data shows no adverse effects
I trust Dr. Fauci enough that if he tells me a certain vaccine is safe, I will take it.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I've been planning a trip to Japan/Hong Kong. They won't let me in now but maybe to boost tourism they'll give anyone who goes there a free vaccine as a requirement for entry. Can at least hope.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Just logged in and deferred until November. Don't really see any reason not to.

I guess if you want to do 7 payments instead of 5, which I'm guessing is what we will get for deferring until November, but agreed, no chance I'm giving them money now with no way of knowing when next season will start, with fans or not.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I pushed also, I'm guessing they have stopped charging indefinitely until there is a firm 2020-21 schedule in place and a firm plan for allowing people in the seats. Normally there is a 4 month period between the SCF and season opener, I don't see how they can make that work, it would mean starting again almost in February.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I pushed also, I'm guessing they have stopped charging indefinitely until there is a firm 2020-21 schedule in place and a firm plan for allowing people in the seats. Normally there is a 4 month period between the SCF and season opener, I don't see how they can make that work, it would mean starting again almost in February.

I expect there will be an accelerated off-season. Granted, there are things they will need to know before decisions can be made regarding how many people will be allowed in the Garden, but I do believe the league would like to resume play closer to January 1 if possible.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I expect there will be an accelerated off-season. Granted, there are things they will need to know before decisions can be made regarding how many people will be allowed in the Garden, but I do believe the league would like to resume play closer to January 1 if possible.

I think it's more likely than not we're seeing Jan 1 or later at this point on a reduced schedule. Everyone in the league knows they're taking a bath this season on revenues and they want to get the hockey calendar back on track as soon as possible. They need some sort of crowd in attendance and I can't see that happening in December. Even by January we may see some teams have fans while others can't due to local laws.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think it's more likely than not we're seeing Jan 1 or later at this point on a reduced schedule. Everyone in the league knows they're taking a bath this season on revenues and they want to get the hockey calendar back on track as soon as possible. They need some sort of crowd in attendance and I can't see that happening in December. Even by January we may see some teams have fans while others can't due to local laws.

Yup, and that's assuming we don't get hit with a 2nd wave.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I trust Dr. Fauci enough that if he tells me a certain vaccine is safe, I will take it.

Fauci has just stated that it may not be safe to sit maskless in a theater for over a year.

Fauci Predicts Year Lag Between Vaccine Arrival And Maskless Theater – Deadline

Think about that. In a theater, you are quiet, sitting back, watching a play or a film. At the Garden, you are yelling, screaming, chanting, rooting for your team. You are essentially sitting, indoors, next to someone whose medical history you don't know.

A lot of things have to happen:
1. Vaccine's gotta work - hopefully it's proven in the fall - say December 2020.
2. Vaccine's gotta me made / manufactured - three months, so now we are in March / April 2021.
3. Vaccine's gotta be distributed. This takes time. It took over a year in the movie "Contagion", and that was based on expert research, at least in way of distribution.
4. Population's gotta be inoculated. It will take some time to build immunity and/or additional boosters. This takes even more time, depending upon how long it takes to build immunity and how many boosters you need.

The timeline for this is not in the spectator's favor. The article reads that if things go correctly, the general population won't see the vaccine until mid-late 2021. Think 2022.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Fauci has just stated that it may not be safe to sit maskless in a theater for over a year.

Fauci Predicts Year Lag Between Vaccine Arrival And Maskless Theater – Deadline

Think about that. In a theater, you are quiet, sitting back, watching a play or a film. At the Garden, you are yelling, screaming, chanting, rooting for your team. You are essentially sitting, indoors, next to someone whose medical history you don't know.

A lot of things have to happen:
1. Vaccine's gotta work - hopefully it's proven in the fall - say December 2020.
2. Vaccine's gotta me made / manufactured - three months, so now we are in March / April 2021.
3. Vaccine's gotta be distributed. This takes time. It took over a year in the movie "Contagion", and that was based on expert research, at least in way of distribution.
4. Population's gotta be inoculated. It will take some time to build immunity and/or additional boosters. This takes even more time, depending upon how long it takes to build immunity and how many boosters you need.

The timeline for this is not in the spectator's favor. The article reads that if things go correctly, the general population won't see the vaccine until mid-late 2021. Think 2022.

Yeah, we are likely looking at least another year of this pandemic.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yeah, we are likely looking at least another year of this pandemic.
It's too political right now, it's toxic to discuss the facts. Almost all deaths have 2 co-morbidity factors, almost everyone, over 90%, who die or are hospitalized had either high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or was over 80 years old. Almost nobody under 50 is dying:
Workbook: NYS-COVID19-Tracker

After the election miraculously everything will be different

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
It's too political right now, it's toxic to discuss the facts. Almost all deaths have 2 co-morbidity factors, almost everyone, over 90%, who die or are hospitalized had either high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or was over 80 years old. Almost nobody under 50 is dying:
Workbook: NYS-COVID19-Tracker

After the election miraculously everything will be different
Maybe the reason why the virus is so dangerous in this country is because like 45% of people in this country have at least one pre-condition that can trigger a dangerous case? It doesn’t have to be political....

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
the conversation is all over the place on here, in terms of a vaccine....it is scarily being rushed due to the current climate, ive seen a couple of videos discussing this and read up enough on it that I probably won't be touching a vaccine anytime soon. I can not see the garden being open 100 percent regardless of a vaccine or not

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
the conversation is all over the place on here, in terms of a vaccine....it is scarily being rushed due to the current climate, ive seen a couple of videos discussing this and read up enough on it that I probably won't be touching a vaccine anytime soon. I can not see the garden being open 100 percent regardless of a vaccine or not

Seems pretty unlikely for the 20-21 season.

Reactions: Rangers in 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad