Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
Got an email today about a new point of contact. Guess my rep left or changed. Anyone else get anything?

Yeah I got it too. CC'ed my old rep on my response because I'm waiting to have a conversation about some relocation issues I had and immediately got a reply that the old rep is no longer with the company.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I bet they're trying to push the season far enough where there's a good chance people can be in the stands with a vaccine. Is there an ETA yet on the start of 2020-21?

I'm not so sure most of the season will have that possibility. I bet we will get screwed on at least part of the season where nobody is going to buy tickets and we probably wouldn't feel safe going ourselves but they're going to take our money.

Also, any ETA on relocation?

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I bet they're trying to push the season far enough where there's a good chance people can be in the stands with a vaccine. Is there an ETA yet on the start of 2020-21?

I'm not so sure most of the season will have that possibility. I bet we will get screwed on at least part of the season where nobody is going to buy tickets and we probably wouldn't feel safe going ourselves but they're going to take our money.

I just spoke with the new rep. So Davis shealy is gone doesn’t work for company anymore. New rep has worked there for 6 years all with the Knicks

I asked her about relocation. She said they are waiting on the league to give them an answers on a bunch of things. Then they’ll send out information about seat upgrades and relocations.

curious to see how many people didn’t renew or canceled because of everything going on.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Silver seemed to say the NBA wouldn't start on 12/1 last night, with an eye on getting people back in the seats.

Wonder if both would look at Christmas or New Year's time to start.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Silver seemed to say the NBA wouldn't start on 12/1 last night, with an eye on getting people back in the seats.

Wonder if both would look at Christmas or New Year's time to start.
There's going to be a second wave, big or small, that's just how things work with communicable viruses with everyone indoors. We're going to need a vaccine, and assuming one is approved best optimistic case Oct/Nov?, then they're going to need to mass produce 300 million doses and it's not just going to be 1 shot, you're going to need 2 or 3 that are 30 days apart

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Dallas stars losing season ticket holders over support of BLM. I wonder how many teams were effected by this.

THIN ICE: Dallas Stars CEO Says NHL Team Has ‘Lost Customers’ and Season-Ticket Holders Over Support for BLM | Sean Hannity
It’s going to be more evident in some cities than others. Remember many corporate and well heeled season tickets holders have conservative views. Dallas isn’t New York.

These protests usually pass over time. Hockey fans are hockey fans. They always come back.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
What we're hearing about the 2020-21 NHL season

Another NHL team executive explained 'you'll have to rotate it.' So if the capacity is 25%, season-ticket holders would attend one out of every four games. What complicates this for teams: Not all games are created equal. Many NHL teams have variable pricing for games against popular opponents and heated rivals. That's not even mentioning the equitable distribution of tickets to weekend games.

What will those tickets cost, given their potential scarcity? Teams have indicated that they anticipate a limited supply of tickets will not mean an increase in prices, although that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be discounted either.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It’s going to be more evident in some cities than others. Remember many corporate and well heeled season tickets holders have conservative views. Dallas isn’t New York.

These protests usually pass over time. Hockey fans are hockey fans. They always come back.

I'm sure it's a lot easier to get season tickets again in Dallas than it is in say Boston or Chicago too.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
What we're hearing about the 2020-21 NHL season

Another NHL team executive explained 'you'll have to rotate it.' So if the capacity is 25%, season-ticket holders would attend one out of every four games. What complicates this for teams: Not all games are created equal. Many NHL teams have variable pricing for games against popular opponents and heated rivals. That's not even mentioning the equitable distribution of tickets to weekend games.

What will those tickets cost, given their potential scarcity? Teams have indicated that they anticipate a limited supply of tickets will not mean an increase in prices, although that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be discounted either.

Interesting read and it's basically what we've all speculated here. The variable pricing thing is interesting because someone may get the weekend rivalry games while someone else gets stuck with a ton of weeknights against lesser opponents. At the same time, do I want to be stuck exclusively with games where face value is $110 each when I signed up for a package where average price is $89?

The answer may be just charging each game the average price for the season ticket holder and just trying to divide up games evenly to the best of their ability. I don't think there's a perfect solution here. And I can't see there being full crowds until spring time. If a vaccine does hit by October or November for the higher-risk population, we could definitely see limited capacity crowds but even then, 50% seems like a lot. That's a person every other seat basically inside of a cramped MSG. And who knows if NYC even allows spectators by the time the season starts.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Interesting read and it's basically what we've all speculated here. The variable pricing thing is interesting because someone may get the weekend rivalry games while someone else gets stuck with a ton of weeknights against lesser opponents. At the same time, do I want to be stuck exclusively with games where face value is $110 each when I signed up for a package where average price is $89?

The answer may be just charging each game the average price for the season ticket holder and just trying to divide up games evenly to the best of their ability. I don't think there's a perfect solution here. And I can't see there being full crowds until spring time. If a vaccine does hit by October or November for the higher-risk population, we could definitely see limited capacity crowds but even then, 50% seems like a lot. That's a person every other seat basically inside of a cramped MSG. And who knows if NYC even allows spectators by the time the season starts.

If this is the case what they’ll do probably is each season ticket holders gets a percentage of each tier. That way everyone gets an equal amount of the lowest tier games all the way up to the highest tier.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Variable pricing can die in a house fire.
I actually prefer it. I usually go to pre-season and weekday games but everyone asks for those saturday night games during the holidays so once I tell then the face only a couple of people are still interested.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I actually prefer it. I usually go to pre-season and weekday games but everyone asks for those saturday night games during the holidays so once I tell then the face only a couple of people are still interested.

Absolutely. Really helps with the cherry pickers. You know, the ones that mention before the season how they'd love to buy a pair from you...that they aren't really picky and don't care about the game...would just love to get to the Garden. Fast forward to October...Do you have the pair to the game the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving? lol

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Absolutely. Really helps with the cherry pickers. You know, the ones that mention before the season how they'd love to buy a pair from you...that they aren't really picky and don't care about the game...would just love to get to the Garden. Fast forward to October...Do you have the pair to the game the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving? lol

Have to think there will be a boom in ticket sales once things are back to normal. Vaccine and you'll get people interested. Yes, there are too many that have lost jobs, but tourism will go up and I'm sure travel to and from the city will pick up, especially with everyone being cooped up at home.

I'd expect sales to be decent once at 100% capacity. Those weekday games you can't sell will be bought because people miss going to games and want normalcy.

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
Have to think there will be a boom in ticket sales once things are back to normal. Vaccine and you'll get people interested. Yes, there are too many that have lost jobs, but tourism will go up and I'm sure travel to and from the city will pick up, especially with everyone being cooped up at home.

I'd expect sales to be decent once at 100% capacity. Those weekday games you can't sell will be bought because people miss going to games and want normalcy.

Spot on....once people can confidently go out without fear of illness for them or their families, there will be a rush into any social/sporting/entertainment event. I can’t wait to have a drink on the train to get to the game.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Spot on....once people can confidently go out without fear of illness for them or their families, there will be a rush into any social/sporting/entertainment event. I can’t wait to have a drink on the train to get to the game.
I don't think that'll be next season but hope to be wrong. But drafting Laf will help lift soft demand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->