Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Why wouldn’t you want one of the bonuses? Unless you are looking to drop for next season, they are literally pulling most of the money back in 4 days (on Friday) with the next ‘20-‘21 installment and the remainder of the refund will be collected in June (or most/all in June if you deferred until then).
Because of my substantial doubt that there will be NHL games at MSG in 20-21. Which is why I have serious regrets over having renewed already.

Also put in for a refund for the Mets.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
I agree that unless you're going to cancel for next season, and if you have cash, all the options presented are worth more than interest on that money.
How can you cancel for next season if you already renewed? I’m lost. Lol.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I had the brilliant idea of paying off the entire season in one lump sum . lol

As did I. And we also get screwed, as expected, out of the credit incentives as according to the email we only get them if we leave the funds with them for potential upgrades or extra seats. If we hadn’t paid in full, we’d just roll it over to our payments we’d otherwise make and get it. By doing them a favor and paying early, we get penalized lol. Classic MSG.

And in reference to what was asked earlier, I had the average price on our hard copy tix but we did indeed get credited the variable face amount.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I did communicate with my rep today. He was very gracious about refunding 2020 money. They are refunding dollars on the game by game costs which is good. The Garden is extending the season ticket renewal (for now) until June 15th and he said they may extend that.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Hopefully the vaccine is available in September and the season starts as usual. Won't be any tourists for years though, so ticket face value will be massively overpriced

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If they go to the 24 team playoff, they won't have the guts to raise the prices since they made the playoffs right?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If they go to the 24 team playoff, they won't have the guts to raise the prices since they made the playoffs right?

I already considered that lol. I don't think they'd have the balls to though considering it's a PR nightmare and by doing so, they have to give everyone the right to opt out of their tickets which might happen in bulk.

Reactions: 17futurecap

MikePLee

Oct 9, 2011
Which bonus is everyone taking? I’m considering the $150 store credit or the autographed stick. I wonder what player signed sticks will be offered.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Which bonus is everyone taking? I’m considering the $150 store credit or the autographed stick. I wonder what player signed sticks will be offered.

I wouldn't bother with the autographed stick personally. It's not an actual stick that the players or anyone playing hockey would use in a game but rather those promo sticks that say New York Rangers on it that they give away in arena and such. It differs to everyone I guess but considering you could get plenty of game used or signed stuff for similar pricing or cheaper through say Fanatics, I'd much rather have the $150 of arena credits.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I had the brilliant idea of paying off the entire season in one lump sum . lol
It will be a long time before I pay for anything in a lump sum whether or not I can. I know people who didn't pay rent or mortgage last two months just because they could get away with it.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
As did I. And we also get screwed, as expected, out of the credit incentives as according to the email we only get them if we leave the funds with them for potential upgrades or extra seats. If we hadn’t paid in full, we’d just roll it over to our payments we’d otherwise make and get it. By doing them a favor and paying early, we get penalized lol. Classic MSG.

And in reference to what was asked earlier, I had the average price on our hard copy tix but we did indeed get credited the variable face amount.

My email says they owe me $1,895 and gave me the option of rolling it over to get one of the extras. Will they not let me do this considering I have already pre-paid for 2020/2021?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
My email says they owe me $1,895 and gave me the option of rolling it over to get one of the extras. Will they not let me do this considering I have already pre-paid for 2020/2021?

If you roll it over, you'll get the extras. But since you already paid in full, what's the point in rolling it over? Using the refund money would go to purchase of additional tickets, upgrades, etc. There's no good reason to roll over the funds if you prepaid. Thus, you're out one of these perks because you were nice enough to give MSG all of the money you owed them for next season in February or March.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If you roll it over, you'll get the extras. But since you already paid in full, what's the point in rolling it over? Using the refund money would go to purchase of additional tickets, upgrades, etc. There's no good reason to roll over the funds if you prepaid. Thus, you're out one of these perks because you were nice enough to give MSG all of the money you owed them for next season in February or March.
You don't know that for sure, they may just give him the credit back as a refund and let him keep the perks. It's the least they could do for a subscriber that paid up front, in full

blue68

Jul 7, 2008
long island
I have been back and forth about whether to take refund for games or roll over for next season. I have been back and forth with my rep about my right to cancel. I do the automatic for next season so they already have $1300. I have expressed my concern that if next year there is a shortened season they will up the individual games to make up for lost revenue on 41 home games.

in the past didn’t you have the right to cancel if the ticket prices go up (past few year with no playoffs they remained the same but you wouldn’t know in March when you re-upped). Anyone remember that being the case and can confirm.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I have been back and forth about whether to take refund for games or roll over for next season. I have been back and forth with my rep about my right to cancel. I do the automatic for next season so they already have $1300. I have expressed my concern that if next year there is a shortened season they will up the individual games to make up for lost revenue on 41 home games.

in the past didn’t you have the right to cancel if the ticket prices go up (past few year with no playoffs they remained the same but you wouldn’t know in March when you re-upped). Anyone remember that being the case and can confirm.

Yes and I believe the notice said you’d be informed of a price raise in May.

Reactions: blue68

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Guys, I bought tickets second hand for a game this season that hadn’t been played yet before the pause. Before I discuss a refund with the seller, what is the status for games for the current season that haven’t been played? Are they refunded? Credited towards future? Thanks!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Guys, I bought tickets second hand for a game this season that hadn’t been played yet before the pause. Before I discuss a refund with the seller, what is the status for games for the current season that haven’t been played? Are they refunded? Credited towards future? Thanks!

They’ve begun offering refunds or credits if you’d like. If you don’t select one of those options, they’re leaving it as a balance on your account until the games have officially been cancelled.

Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->