Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Got my refund (for unplayed regular season 2019-2020 games) on 5/13.

I have to admit MSG has dealt with it better than the Coupons who are basically like NYSC.
The Mets offered me a better deal than the yanks for unplayed games. That said, we're more likely to be able to go to a baseball game than a hockey game in the near future.

djbildo

Apr 15, 2015
since next season may not start until 2021, and if, when, and how many fans will be allowed in the building at one time is unknown at this point, does anyone know the status of next years season ticket payment schedule? Last I heard, the next payment is supposed to be coming up June 15th. Has anyone heard of any updates, or plans to cancel their season tickets because of this? I am considering if they will force payment..

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
since next season may not start until 2021, and if, when, and how many fans will be allowed in the building at one time is unknown at this point, does anyone know the status of next years season ticket payment schedule? Last I heard, the next payment is supposed to be coming up June 15th. Has anyone heard of any updates, or plans to cancel their season tickets because of this? I am considering if they will force payment..

emailed rep yesterday got back and said news coming out before the 15th on how they will proceed

Reactions: djbildo

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
They're just going to say expecting fans next year so pay up. Then of course there won't be fans and it'll be don't worry, we're keeping your money safe for the year after

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Today's Update from Rangers;

We hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. While we wish that we were together cheering on our Blueshirts at Madison Square Garden, we’re looking forward to seeing them back in action when the NHL resumes play later this summer. Given the uncertainty surrounding the start of the 2020-21 NHL season, we are committed to providing flexible and fan friendly payment options to our Season Ticket Members.

We are pleased to provide you with a payment deferment plan if your 2020-21 Season Ticket Membership is renewed*.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Make an initial payment of 10% and defer your next payment until Tuesday, September 15th. (CLICK HERE TO RENEW)**
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

In order to participate in the relocation and additional seat process, scheduled to begin in July, an initial payment for the 2020-21 season is due by Tuesday, June 30th.

You may still have the opportunity to renew your Season Ticket Membership after June 30th to maintain your tenure and qualify for preferred membership pricing. However, should your 2020-21 Season Ticket Membership not be renewed by this date, the seat location included in your 2019-20 Season Ticket Membership may not be available.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
My email doesn't say I have to make the initial payment of 10% (maybe because I allowed them to hold my money). I can defer until September 15 or will be charged on July 15. My bank is paying me 0.01% interest so I'm pretty much indifferent.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I guess I should call my rep and ask for some money back as they owe me $1,800 for this season and they have nearly 20k for next season. Probably don't need them holding so much of my money.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I guess I should call my rep and ask for some money back as they owe me $1,800 for this season and they have nearly 20k for next season. Probably don't need them holding so much of my money.
Goldman Sachs offers 1.3% annually on deposits - $20k would get paid about $260 cash in interest for a year. Ask MSG to do better than $150 in vouchers.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Goldman Sachs offers 1.3% annually on deposits - $20k would get paid about $260 cash in interest for a year. Ask MSG to do better than $150 in vouchers.

Spoke with my rep. Going to refund my full prepayment for next season and move to installment payments using the current season credit to cover the 1st payment today...with remaining installments commencing in September.

leetch2

Aug 24, 2004
So today is the last day to commit to renewal. I'm still on the fence and wanted to see what others are doing/already did. I'm thinking next year's resale market will be a disaster (if there are people allowed at all). Even if crowds don't return until the following year, I can't see pricing returning to normal for many years even if the team is good and exciting.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
So today is the last day to commit to renewal. I'm still on the fence and wanted to see what others are doing/already did. I'm thinking next year's resale market will be a disaster (if there are people allowed at all). Even if crowds don't return until the following year, I can't see pricing returning to normal for many years even if the team is good and exciting.
I officially canceled yesterday. After 26 years, it was a very difficult decision. My distance from New York, age and underlying health conditions really left me with no other choice.

I suggested to my contact that the Rangers consider a leave of absence for season ticket holders. With little chance of hosting a full arena this year, It would be a strategy that could make a lot of sense. It’s probably the only way I would ever buy season tickets again.

The Rangers have been very gracious throughout in their communication. I expect they will be coming up with some alternatives soon.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

The effects are really impossible to determine at this point. I can't see there being full arenas at least to start next season so maybe if there's socially distanced crowds (25% capacity), maybe that actually increases the value of the tickets. But will there be people lining up to pay top dollar to sit in an arena with a mask on for 3 hours in this economy? It's really tough to say at this point because so many developments can happen within the next few months related to a vaccine or some sort of treatment drug.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The effects are really impossible to determine at this point. I can't see there being full arenas at least to start next season so maybe if there's socially distanced crowds (25% capacity), maybe that actually increases the value of the tickets. But will there be people lining up to pay top dollar to sit in an arena with a mask on for 3 hours in this economy? It's really tough to say at this point because so many developments can happen within the next few months related to a vaccine or some sort of treatment drug.

I'm curious how they even do that. I was originally thinking they could selling even and odd row seats for alternating games...but even then you would have unknown people sitting on either side of you. Going to be a challenge for sure.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I'm curious how they even do that. I was originally thinking they could selling even and odd row seats for alternating games...but even then you would have unknown people sitting on either side of you. Going to be a challenge for sure.

That's just one aspect.

How do you social distance during ingress and egress? It would take hours to fill and empty any arena / stadium.

Until there is a vaccine, I don't see attending professional sports practical.

Have 15 minutes to catch your train after a game? Well good luck with that. You'll need to wait in your seat until the path in front of you in clear...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
How do you social distance during ingress and egress? It would take hours to fill and empty any arena / stadium.
Everybody here knows exactly what that's like, especially in the towers. One guy has covid and the air in the whole thing is contaminated while people herd alone at a snail's pace

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Everybody here knows exactly what that's like, especially in the towers. One guy has covid and the air in the whole thing is contaminated while people herd alone at a snail's pace

It really differs from venue to venue. I think indoor venues are going to be so tough to do anything unless it's REALLY limited. In the case of MSG where the corridors are tight as are the towers, it'd probably have to be like 3-5K max and the upper end of that that is really pushing it as that's 25-30%.

Citi Field for example is a different story as it's during the summer months and outdoors. I think you could reasonably do 5K in a 40K stadium as there's plenty of room to space out, the concourses are more open, and there's more exit points for all the fans than an MSG. The only issue that would jump out to me is possible crowding of the subway after a game but I'm sure a fair chunk of fans would also drive to the stadium.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
It really differs from venue to venue. I think indoor venues are going to be so tough to do anything unless it's REALLY limited. In the case of MSG where the corridors are tight as are the towers, it'd probably have to be like 3-5K max and the upper end of that that is really pushing it as that's 25-30%.

Citi Field for example is a different story as it's during the summer months and outdoors. I think you could reasonably do 5K in a 40K stadium as there's plenty of room to space out, the concourses are more open, and there's more exit points for all the fans than an MSG. The only issue that would jump out to me is possible crowding of the subway after a game but I'm sure a fair chunk of fans would also drive to the stadium.

While you mention the seating, you also need to address the queue outside to get in before the game, as well as getting people safely home after the game. It's going to be tough to convince people to budget an extra 2 hours on each side of a 3 hour event for social distancing should one need to queue in and / or out, and take mass transit to / from.

It's fubar.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
That's just one aspect.

Until there is a vaccine, I don't see attending professional sports practical.

Have 15 minutes to catch your train after a game? Well good luck with that. You'll need to wait in your seat until the path in front of you in clear...

True, I was putting all the other logistical nightmares aside. But yes, those are critical concerns that have no easy answers.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Got an email blast from the Knicks today. Deposits towards plans are apparently refundable (not sure if that's always been the case with the Knicks but for the Rangers they've been non-refundable) and they're also offering 20% off food and beverage to all season ticket members. Wonder if we'll see any incentives added to Rangers plans.

2019-20 Season Deposits

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I had rangers seasons for a year and dropped them because they were overpriced, and could get tickets for cheaper via the All For One pass. Also gonna drop my Knicks tickets for the same reason. Until MSG cuts their prices to match demand, I won’t touch any packages from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad