Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I disputed and no challenge from MSG so my credit is now final. I really don't think MSG will challenge any disputes since literally the world has changed. What I had signed up for has now changed. Just the health risk alone is enough to cancel any "contract"
My rep texted me the other day saying he was there if I had any questions. But i feel like if I had already committed to tickets next season I wouldn't have got that text..

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I disputed and no challenge from MSG so my credit is now final. I really don't think MSG will challenge any disputes since literally the world has changed. What I had signed up for has now changed. Just the health risk alone is enough to cancel any "contract"
That means you got your money back. Does that mean you are done as an STH, or do you think you'll keep your seats when life gets back to a new normal?

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
That means you got your money back. Does that mean you are done as an STH, or do you think you'll keep your seats when life gets back to a new normal?

Done. I will pick and choose the games I want to go to in the secondary market. I had ST since 93-94 season so I already had the experience that will last a lifetime. Hit the jackpot with mini plan and got full playoff strip for the same seats (section 329 row J) for the Cup. Had dream seats in 120 row A then renovation came. Prices got jacked up full of tourists. Game itself changed. Every little tug gets called a penalty. The experience is just not the same anymore. MSG is now a publicly traded stock. It's all about increasing revenue under the pretense of "enhancing fan experience". This pandemic virus thing is the last straw. We are kidding ourselves if we think the "new normal" is anything close to pre-CV19.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Done. I will pick and choose the games I want to go to in the secondary market. I had ST since 93-94 season so I already had the experience that will last a lifetime. Hit the jackpot with mini plan and got full playoff strip for the same seats (section 329 row J) for the Cup. Had dream seats in 120 row A then renovation came. Prices got jacked up full of tourists. Game itself changed. Every little tug gets called a penalty. The experience is just not the same anymore. MSG is now a publicly traded stock. It's all about increasing revenue under the pretense of "enhancing fan experience". This pandemic virus thing is the last straw. We are kidding ourselves if we think the "new normal" is anything close to pre-CV19.
The best thing I did was buy that stock when they went public. It makes the increases more tolerable. I miss the Prime Rib sandwich in addition to all the things you mentioned, but still enjoy going enough to keep my seats. I agree with everything you said.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Mets and Yankees both announced their ticket credit/refund plans today.

2020 Regular Season Ticket Policies

Mets 2020 Season Updates

Lot in there but as it pertains to plan holders, you can either opt for a full refund or a credit which is applicable to future games or next years renewal. If you take the credit, you get an additional 10% credit which can be used towards purchase of additional games or as a discount for your renewal for the Yankees. For the Mets, you get a 20% credit which is valid towards additional games, an upgrade for your 2021 plan, parking, or concessions. So far, the only games being impacted as part of this policy is March and April.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Mets 2020 Season Updates

Lot in there but as it pertains to plan holders, you can either opt for a full refund or a credit which is applicable to future games or next years renewal. If you take the credit, you get an additional 10% credit which can be used towards purchase of additional games or as a discount for your renewal for the Yankees. For the Mets, you get a 20% credit which is valid towards additional games, an upgrade for your 2021 plan, parking, or concessions. So far, the only games being impacted as part of this policy is March and April.

Post buried both of them

https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/mets-yankees-deserve-blowback-over-coronavirus-ticket-refund-plans/

Reactions: Boris Zubov

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

Mets 2020 Season Updates

i love how they think May is not impacted.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
i love how they think May is not impacted.
I like better that the Mets have said "You have a choice for a credit of 20% toward 2021 or ..... [omit 1500 words] a refund. "

I'm like this guy, picking refund, though.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Devils started letting season ticket holders pick what they want to do with their unplayed game money.

Refund or let them keep for payment for next year with some bonuses if you let them keep it.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Flyers and Leafs have begun offering credits and refunds. TSN said the other day every club is working on a policy so I'd assume we should be hearing in the not so distant future about the Rangers.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I bet you when they announce cancelled games that they will withhold refunds to first pay back balance owed to ticketmaster exchange and then issue the net owed as an account credit by default. Stubhub and Vividseats are going to try to ding every credit card on file and quickly threaten any seller with an expired card. I've got about 6K I will need to pay back to various marketplaces for the Knicks & Rangers, but my card is expired and the only way they can get that money back is to 'ask' me for it, except for ticket exchange who can probably just 'take' it from the team accounts (wouldn't be surprised to see legal challenges to this)

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
I bet you when they announce cancelled games that they will withhold refunds to first pay back balance owed to ticketmaster exchange and then issue the net owed as an account credit by default. Stubhub and Vividseats are going to try to ding every credit card on file and quickly threaten any seller with an expired card. I've got about 6K I will need to pay back to various marketplaces for the Knicks & Rangers, but my card is expired and the only way they can get that money back is to 'ask' me for it, except for ticket exchange who can probably just 'take' it from the team accounts (wouldn't be surprised to see legal challenges to this)

do you sell thru skybox for vivid and have a broker rep? if you do they will not be dinging a card right away.

with stubhub, delete all the cards out of your account and they'll withhold payment from your next sale or sales to recoup.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
options for the payment for the rest of the season out - can use it as a credit and get a bonus or get a refund now for your season tickets for the rest of the games.

Your next installment on a 2020-21 New York Rangers Membership is scheduled to be automatically processed on June 15th. Instead of processing that charge, we will simply credit your account and your next cash payment will be on July 15th. In addition, you will be given your choice of any one of three gift options: $150 food and beverage credit, $150 MSG Store credit, or an autographed stick.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
options for the payment for the rest of the season out - can use it as a credit and get a bonus or get a refund now for your season tickets for the rest of the games.

Your next installment on a 2020-21 New York Rangers Membership is scheduled to be automatically processed on June 15th. Instead of processing that charge, we will simply credit your account and your next cash payment will be on July 15th. In addition, you will be given your choice of any one of three gift options: $150 food and beverage credit, $150 MSG Store credit, or an autographed stick.
Yeah, I put in for that refund faster than my dude saying "B". While I do appreciate the upfront approach the Rangers took to offering refunds as opposed to the dirtbag Wilpons, I am not that optimistic even about '20-'21 anymore.

Wilpons gonna be fun when MLB cancels this season.

JD361992

Section 227
Sep 9, 2015
NJ
I have a half season and chose to roll it over to next season. I have no idea how they are going to have people in attendance which sucks.

slicer

Mar 12, 2016
Why wouldn’t you want one of the bonuses? Unless you are looking to drop for next season, they are literally pulling most of the money back in 4 days (on Friday) with the next ‘20-‘21 installment and the remainder of the refund will be collected in June (or most/all in June if you deferred until then).

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Why wouldn’t you want one of the bonuses? Unless you are looking to drop for next season, they are literally pulling most of the money back in 4 days (on Friday) with the next ‘20-‘21 installment and the remainder of the refund will be collected in June (or most/all in June if you deferred until then).

Agreed. I credited it towards my 20-21 tickets and took the $150 MSG store credit.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Ahh OK so I figured out their formula. 5 games cancelled, they added the per game variable face value amount, and they SUBTRACTED my net ticket exchange sales payout. That makes sense, but not sure if that's technically legal, I wonder if anyone will raise a stink about it.

Also curious, for you guys that selected the same average face value on your tickets for 44 games, is that the amount you are being refunded? If so, the people who chose variable face value will come out about 8% ahead

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I agree that unless you're going to cancel for next season, and if you have cash, all the options presented are worth more than interest on that money.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It looks like the bonus is the same across the board with the Knicks as well (maybe different for suites). The Yankees gave 10% and the mets gave 20%. Did anyone get a different offer? I wonder what MSG will offer for Liberty STHs.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It looks like the bonus is the same across the board with the Knicks as well (maybe different for suites). The Yankees gave 10% and the mets gave 20%. Did anyone get a different offer? I wonder what MSG will offer for Liberty STHs.

Brooklyn owns them now.

slicer

Mar 12, 2016
Also curious, for you guys that selected the same average face value on your tickets for 44 games, is that the amount you are being refunded? If so, the people who chose variable face value will come out about 8% ahead

I remember there was some language at the time that if you elected average value, it was just for appearance and that the variable prices were the "real" prices.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Gimmie that refund. Good luck trying to get face value on tickets next season. I’ll buy my tickets off the secondary market.

20 year STH streak officially snapped.

Reactions: ponytrekker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad