Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Effectiveness is different than safety. I cannot possibly predict the former. All I know with certainty is a vaccine won't be released that will harm you or your family. I tend to be more optimistic from what I've read, heard, and spoken to, but we will see. Worst case scenario, we wait a few months until we can get purchasing access to the most effective vaccine in the world at that time.

the problem with these vaccine is you can ok when taking the vaccine yet can come across the virus in the future and have a highly sensitive reaction i believe is called Th2 immunopathology. It’s an highly overactive inflamatory immune response in which the body starts killing its own tissue.

You can potentially also develop ADE or antibody-dependent enhancement where your body never develops the anti-bodies so you have to continually get vaccinated.

Can’t rush vaccines b/c the above developments might not occur for a while and could kill you.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Rangers are having a chalk talk with Lafreniere and Schneider at the same time as a conference call at work. Turned off the sound of my conference call. Hope no one asks me a question.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Seems like the scenario for the 20-21 season is shifting back to playing out of home arenas and not hubs. Regardless, I can't see any fans at MSG for a while still. City's on the verge of shutting down schools again amongst other rollbacks. I think at this rate, seeing any capacity of fans by March or April in MSG would be a win and I'm even having doubts that we see 100% capacity by October for next season.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Seems like the scenario for the 20-21 season is shifting back to playing out of home arenas and not hubs. Regardless, I can't see any fans at MSG for a while still. City's on the verge of shutting down schools again amongst other rollbacks. I think at this rate, seeing any capacity of fans by March or April in MSG would be a win and I'm even having doubts that we see 100% capacity by October for next season.
All comes down to vaccine distribution

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
This would basically end selling tickets on anything other than Ticketmaster right?

How Ticketmaster Plans to Check Your Vaccine Status for Concerts: Exclusive

They've clarified the article since that came out. They have the technology available already that a venue can use to make sure people have received the vaccine or a negative covid test. it won't be a mandate from TM they cannot dictate policy as to who is able to go to an event. Tickets can still be re-sold thru other 3rd party exchanges like stubhub or vivid and to complete the sale you'll just have to transfer the tickets to someone else.

Reactions: 17futurecap

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Spoke to my Isles and Rangers reps today and got similar stories from each of them in terms of fans in the building. Neither of them expects Cuomo to OK indoor mass gathering over the course of the regular season. The Yankees on the other hand seem optimistic that they'll be able to have fans in stands at some point next summer.

Hopefully everything works itself out and by late Q2/Q3 2021 we have the vaccine rolling out across the country to everyone.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Spoke to my Isles and Rangers reps today and got similar stories from each of them in terms of fans in the building. Neither of them expects Cuomo to OK indoor mass gathering over the course of the regular season. The Yankees on the other hand seem optimistic that they'll be able to have fans in stands at some point next summer.

Hopefully everything works itself out and by late Q2/Q3 2021 we have the vaccine rolling out across the country to everyone.
Cuomo is a big poopy head

Reactions: dstoffa and Cmox

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Looks similar to Little Caesars arena which is arguably the best facility in the league. UBS has potential to push its way into the conversation as a top arena in the league as soon as the first puck drops.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Looks similar to Little Caesars arena which is arguably the best facility in the league. UBS has potential to push its way into the conversation as a top arena in the league as soon as the first puck drops.
Little Caesars is f***ing awesome. Went to the 1-0 NYR game this year.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I don't know anything about what the inside will look like, but the outside is awful, basically a light brick cookie cutter

A buddy of mine picked his seats about a month ago. If / when I go to a game, I don't expect to spend much time in the parking lot tailgating and admiring the architecture...

The lower bowl is very large, then a club level w/ suites, a mezzanine, then the plebian seating, which is not around the whole arena. I believe the mezzanine and the plebian seating share a concourse. Like the big tire in Nashville, upper level seating is a horseshoe, with the Islander's defensive end twice being the open part.

NY Islanders | 3D seatmap

My buddy believes the upper level seats will be further back from the ice than the Colesseum.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Well to be fair to your buddy, there is no way the upper level seats could be closer to the ice than the coliseum.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
A buddy of mine picked his seats about a month ago. If / when I go to a game, I don't expect to spend much time in the parking lot tailgating and admiring the architecture...

The lower bowl is very large, then a club level w/ suites, a mezzanine, then the plebian seating, which is not around the whole arena. I believe the mezzanine and the plebian seating share a concourse. Like the big tire in Nashville, upper level seating is a horseshoe, with the Islander's defensive end twice being the open part.

NY Islanders | 3D seatmap

My buddy believes the upper level seats will be further back from the ice than the Colesseum.
Okay, well I guess I'll have to check it out when the Rangers come in. I wonder how they'll do attendance-wise with the weird location

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
Okay, well I guess I'll have to check it out when the Rangers come in. I wonder how they'll do attendance-wise with the weird location

I think they’ll do very well. They’ll open at the perfect time post-vaccine so between the pent up demand to do stuff and the novelty of a new stadium it’ll be tough getting seats. Long term too it’s a decent location for most fishstick fans. Easy to get for both south shore (Southern State) and north shore (GCP) people. Even the few city fans can take the LIRR there. It’s an exponentially better location than Barclays.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think they’ll do very well. They’ll open at the perfect time post-vaccine so between the pent up demand to do stuff and the novelty of a new stadium it’ll be tough getting seats. Long term too it’s a decent location for most fishstick fans. Easy to get for both south shore (Southern State) and north shore (GCP) people. Even the few city fans can take the LIRR there. It’s an exponentially better location than Barclays.
A million times better than Barclay's, what a train wreck of a square peg in a round hole that was

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
The belmont location is the best of both worlds. Its only like 10 maybe 15 minutes past the coliseum, all the fans who like to drive to games can continue to do so and just get off at the cross island parkway instead of the meadowbrook. The train station will be nice too but i can't imagine a ton of folks using it. Islander fans like to drive, and who knows what kind of changes the LIRR makes to service, and the track layout for the new station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad