Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The belmont location is the best of both worlds. Its only like 10 maybe 15 minutes past the coliseum, all the fans who like to drive to games can continue to do so and just get off at the cross island parkway instead of the meadowbrook. The train station will be nice too but i can't imagine a ton of folks using it. Islander fans like to drive, and who knows what kind of changes the LIRR makes to service, and the track layout for the new station.
The Elmont station will be on the LIRR's main line.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
The Elmont station will be on the LIRR's main line.

Correct, but based on current track layout one platform is only accessible from the hempstead branch track heading east, while the other platform is on the Ronk/Huntington/Oyster bay tracks. Curious to see if they rework switches and whatnot to potentially avoid a change at Jamaica situation for most people.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Once we head back to our offices i work near my nephew who has Islander season tickets. I figure I’ll be going to some games. We work near penn so it should be pretty easy either way.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Okay, well I guess I'll have to check it out when the Rangers come in. I wonder how they'll do attendance-wise with the weird location

I think they'll do better because there will be better options.

The fans on the island can drive.

The fans on the island who use the LIRR daily can take the train (assuming they are riding the Main Line or Hempstead line through Nassau County. (Maybe they leverage station improvements at Belmont to charge for daily park and ride for Manhattan commuters close in who can't park at a LIRR Station - Think Citi Field Commuter Parking). The MTA is actually building a new stop for this arena. I would think they'd be better off just fixing the existing trackage and upgrading the station. They can lay up 8 trains at Belmont. After the game, one track per line. Oyster Bay go here; Port Jeff go here; Montauk (Babylon) go here; Ronkonkoma go here; Hempstead go here; the other trains go back to the city... Direct trains east leave XX minutes after the end of the game. And maybe they run a shuttle every half hour or so before the end of a game, heading east to Mineola so early departers can pick up Hicksville / Port Jeff / Ronk / Oyster Bay Trains.... Taking a jitney on a perimeter road to this new station is dumb in my opinion. South shore fans will probably drive.

Any fan in the city can take the LIRR to Belmont; same for the ride back.

At the Colosseum, you pretty much HAD to drive. Now there's options.

I think this will be like the Rock, but at Belmont with better parking. Devils do better at the Rock. Can't see why the Islanders won't do better here...

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Correct, but based on current track layout one platform is only accessible from the hempstead branch track heading east, while the other platform is on the Ronk/Huntington/Oyster bay tracks. Curious to see if they rework switches and whatnot to potentially avoid a change at Jamaica situation for most people.

They really should improve the wye at Belmont, and rework switches east of Belmont. They can lay up 8 trains at Belmont on platforms and have a train for each branch east of Belmont....

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Well to be fair to your buddy, there is no way the upper level seats could be closer to the ice than the coliseum.

Yeah... I know. Bigger arena means everyone is pushed backed...

I have been blessed to visit the Montreal Forum half a dozen times before it's closure, and even standing up top behind the last row of blues, you were really in the catbird seat... Best arena I was ever in for watching hockey....

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020

I have been blessed to visit the Montreal Forum half a dozen times before it's closure, and even standing up top behind the last row of blues, you were really in the catbird seat... Best arena I was ever in for watching hockey....

The wye is fully functional in theory it’s just a logistical nightmare. Money aside for paying crews and whatnot to lay 8 trains up at the current Belmont station they would have to pull all the way to the east leg of the wye then reverse back up the east leg and into the station so the consists are aligned properly to depart to the east. Doing that 8 times over on the busiest stretch of track is tough.

the best idea I think is getting the islanders to front the money for a new switch between bellrose and floral park so trains from the west can serve the station and continue to Huntington and Ronk. With the MTA being broke as they are these days I can’t see them just agreeing to front the money for a new switch or additional service specifically for the arena but who knows.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

The Montreal Forum was the Yankee Stadium of hockey, errily similar. Both hosted the premiere team of each sport. And like the majestic Yankee Stadium that was gutted and rebuilt in 1973 and lost most of its charm, so did the forum in 1968,before and after:

Montreal-Forum-Exterior.jpg

Still, the inside of the renovated place was great for watching hockey, and there was nothing like standing room at the top of the blue seats, head near the roof, and sardined between hockey crazy people

To me, the best hockey venue was Chicago Stadium with everyone basically on top of the ice and the place rumbling with the built in 3663 pipes of the Barton organ

Last edited:
Reactions: dstoffa

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Just received this update...

We appreciate your patience and loyalty as a New York Rangers Season Ticket Member and hope that you and your family are healthy and safe.

As we wait for the National Hockey League to finalize its plans for the 2020-21 season, we want to share an important update regarding your Rangers Season Ticket Membership.

Given the current environment and uncertainty of when we will be able to welcome fans back to Madison Square Garden safely, we are pausing any further scheduled season ticket payments, with the next payment due no earlier than February 15, 2021.

No further action regarding your Season Ticket Membership is required at this time.

We will provide you with further updates as information regarding the 2020-21 schedule becomes available.

We wish you the best this holiday season and thank you for your commitment to the New York Rangers. We look forward to when we can welcome you back at MSG.

New York Rangers

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
The Montreal Forum was the Yankee Stadium of hockey, errily similar. Both hosted the premiere team of each sport. And like the majestic Yankee Stadium that was gutted and rebuilt in 1973 and lost most of its charm, so did the forum in 1968,before and after:

Montreal-Forum-Exterior.jpg

Still, the inside of the renovated place was great for watching hockey, and there was nothing like standing room at the top of the blue seats, head near the roof, and sardined between hockey crazy people

To me, the best hockey venue was Chicago Stadium with everyone basically on top of the ice and the place rumbling with the built in 3663 pipes of the Barton organ

Never made it to Chicago Stadium. Never made it to Chicago, actually.. Only O'Hare on a change.

Need to dig through the shoeboxes to find my stubs and programs....

Sad that stubs will be a thing of the past....

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Never made it to Chicago Stadium. Never made it to Chicago, actually.. Only O'Hare on a change.

Need to dig through the shoeboxes to find my stubs and programs....

Sad that stubs will be a thing of the past....
I was fortunate to make it to Chicago Stadium and Maple Leaf Gardens (for a WHA playoff game) My host at Chicago Stadium knew Nancy Faust, the famous White Sox organist who was also playing for the Hawks. I got to watch the third period of the game sitting in the organ balcony. What a thrill!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just received this update...

We appreciate your patience and loyalty as a New York Rangers Season Ticket Member and hope that you and your family are healthy and safe.

As we wait for the National Hockey League to finalize its plans for the 2020-21 season, we want to share an important update regarding your Rangers Season Ticket Membership.

Given the current environment and uncertainty of when we will be able to welcome fans back to Madison Square Garden safely, we are pausing any further scheduled season ticket payments, with the next payment due no earlier than February 15, 2021.

No further action regarding your Season Ticket Membership is required at this time.

We will provide you with further updates as information regarding the 2020-21 schedule becomes available.

We wish you the best this holiday season and thank you for your commitment to the New York Rangers. We look forward to when we can welcome you back at MSG.

New York Rangers
Wait...they haven't been pausing it for the last 6 months and are only pausing it now? What a joke.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Wait...they haven't been pausing it for the last 6 months and are only pausing it now? What a joke.
Figure max 56 game season starting 1/15 so that's 28 home games, probably no fans allowed until April or May so like 10 games max tickets and there's no possible justification to collect more than like 30% of the typical season ticket total

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

No, it’s been on pause for all that time. I think you originally had to click a button for payments to stop, but they haven’t charged in forever.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
No, a joke is the Mets, who under the Wilpons charged you for season tickets anyway and ducked you like a scofflaw when you tried to contact them.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
We are pleased to share the New York Rangers 2020-21 schedule and provide you with important updates regarding your Rangers Season Ticket Membership.

Our highest priority remains the safety of our guests, players and staff. In the current environment, we are unable to have fans inside Madison Square Garden at the start of the season. Therefore, we will not offer season tickets through at least February 28, 2021. As previously communicated, we are also pausing further scheduled payments until we have more clarity, with the next payment due no earlier than February 15, 2021.

We will provide an update regarding ticket plans for the balance of the season beyond February 28, 2021 as more information becomes available.

No further action regarding your Season Ticket Membership is required at this time. Season Ticket Members who have payments/credits on account beyond 10 percent can request a refund by contacting X.

Please be assured, if the environment allows us to host fans safely at MSG at any point before February 28, 2021, we will provide our Season Ticket Members with priority access to available tickets, either through your existing account credit or purchase. Please understand that if there are capacity constraints, we may not be able to accommodate all game requests or preferred seat locations.

Thank you for your commitment to the New York Rangers. We look forward to when we can welcome you back at MSG.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't understand only doing it through Feb 28th and not the entire regular season. It would be a lot easier to just tell everyone you don't have to pay for this season, you can request a refund or roll it over to next season, and if fans are allowed in for regular season or playoffs you will have first dibs. They can't really offer season tickets anyway later in the season given capacity limits and that's not even touching on the amount of people who would want to opt out due to health concerns.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I assumed it meant they don’t rule out fans attending games beginning in March.

Yeah but based on the end of the email, they're not ruling fans out at all even before Feb 28th. It just seems very odd and arbitrary to say we're not offering season tickets for 2 months but we may for the following 2 months when it's pretty clear that's not feasible given capacity constraints.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah but based on the end of the email, they're not ruling fans out at all even before Feb 28th. It just seems very odd and arbitrary to say we're not offering season tickets for 2 months but we may for the following 2 months when it's pretty clear that's not feasible given capacity constraints.

I guess they see it as a moving target. Likely no chance through February, and while far from likely in March, they aren't ready to call it yet. But I do think they should be sharing plans for capacity constraints and to that end why not allow subscribers the opportunity to take a free pass on the season? It's not like they will be able to seat 18,000 before the regular season ends.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I guess they see it as a moving target. Likely no chance through February, and while far from likely in March, they aren't ready to call it yet. But I do think they should be sharing plans for capacity constraints and to that end why not allow subscribers the opportunity to take a free pass on the season? It's not like they will be able to seat 18,000 before the regular season ends.
How does it work now for other sports/teams with fans?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
How does it work now for other sports/teams with fans?

I know the Cowboys offered priority to season ticket holders to buy seats for select games, but obviously no guarantee you would get your own seats. If you said no, you wouldn't lose out on future seasons or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad