Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
GG

If I decide to cancel now after 1st payment..do I lose Payment? TIA
I'm not sure, it's not so straight forward because they have an auto-renew mechanism. Generally you would legally forfeit, generally they would cut you some slack and refund, but nothing about this situation is general. MSG is going to be losing tens of millions in real money, they're going to have to make a choice between either clamping down on every penny they can or trying to be as fan friendly as possible so they stick around or come back ASAP

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There are 5 unplayed home games, I wonder if they are going to force us to take a credit towards next year instead of getting a refund

I actually wound up paying in full back in February since I just like getting the bill out of the way and not seeing it anymore. So what would happen with mine in that scenario? I gotta imagine it'd be a refund. If they tried some BS where they make us put it towards a future purchase of individual game tickets I'd be livid.

Reactions: superyan

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
StubHub's COVID policy:
Coronavirus update

On one hand they are telling buyers they're not getting their money back for cancelled games, instead they're going to get a 120% 'coupon' good until next year.

On the other hand for sellers they are going to bill your credit card on file for the payout amount.

If I'm a buyer I am pissed

more:
stubhub refund - Twitter Search
“It is currently impossible for us to offer immediate cash refunds to all buyers” -Stubhub

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Ok, I am starting to visit the "cancel my season tix" camp, even if it means losing a payment.

Unless there is a miracle vaccine, there is zero chance they are playing before MSG crowds in the fall.

And there may not be a miracle vaccine soon. Social distancing in the US may have to be endured until 2022 if no vaccine is quickly found - CNN

I have come off the ledge a little and have till 6/15 ( when next installment is due) to decide whether or not to continue with my renewal. I mean in all probability there is no way to sit the fans in a socially distance manner that would be acceptable to the CDC. So the garden has to come up with an equitable plan that does not harm the season ticket holder. Major league baseball is going thru that now and trying to figure out how to be fair to the season ticket holders. NFL also will need to figure this all out along with the NBA. Mark Cuban is on the Presidents reopening of America council so his focus will be on this specific issue. Hopefully someone has some answers shortly.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I mean in all probability there is no way to sit the fans in a socially distance manner that would be acceptable to the CDC. So the garden has to come up with an equitable plan that does not harm the season ticket holder.
That's how I'm seeing it as well, the real problem is demand pressure won't be there which is what got prices to where they are. Most importantly, the tourists are gone. So a $150 ticket is probably only worth $75 now but MSG isn't going to give us that discount. So we're not looking at eating tickets but more likely taking a 50% haircut

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
My knicks Rep emailed me that for compliance purposes I need to send in my photo id with proof of my legal address in order for them to offer me my renewal. I told her with the CV situation I was not going to renew. Lol

I've had season tickets for about 18 years and they are questioning my identity now? and in today's environment - with the current health and economic concerns that they feel they need to don this now?? They should be begging people to renew rather than staying on their high horses. Their tickets are not Gold!

Reactions: ponytrekker

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
My knicks Rep emailed me that for compliance purposes I need to send in my photo id with proof of my legal address in order for them to offer me my renewal. I told her with the CV situation I was not going to renew. Lol

I've had season tickets for about 18 years and they are questioning my identity now? and in today's environment - with the current health and economic concerns that they feel they need to don this now?? They should be begging people to renew rather than staying on their high horses. Their tickets are not Gold!
"Yeah so umm, there's a huge waiting list for people to go out in huge crowds and buy tickets so send in your blood test and DNA samples for all your kids plus references from 12 people and we might let you buy our overpriced tickets, ....kthx"

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

With all that winning you have seen, who could blame them.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

The Rangers tried to pull this on me last year. I raised hell, They backed off.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Interesting article. For speculating purposes, 20% of 18,000 for MSG capacity is 3,600.

Sports arenas could require 'necessary renovations' for social distancing, architect firm says
The biggest problem in this whole equation is player salaries. I'm thinking most players want 100% salary and screw anyone who complains, and owners in general can't make that work with no crowds. Fortunately for NHL owners, escrow makes the players get an exact share of hockey revenues even if that means 90% less

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The biggest problem in this whole equation is player salaries. I'm thinking most players want 100% salary and screw anyone who complains, and owners in general can't make that work with no crowds. Fortunately for NHL owners, escrow makes the players get an exact share of hockey revenues even if that means 90% less

Yeah, even if the players don't like the escrow in the NHL there's really nothing they can do. Players and owners are in it 50/50. It'll be interesting to see what they do in baseball because that'll probably be a huge fight before they can restart play.

I wonder if they do have crowds next season and have to adopt something like this, what the Rangers and other NHL teams would do. Full season ticket holders get every other game or every third game? No individual sales? So many questions.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yeah, even if the players don't like the escrow in the NHL there's really nothing they can do. Players and owners are in it 50/50. It'll be interesting to see what they do in baseball because that'll probably be a huge fight before they can restart play.

I wonder if they do have crowds next season and have to adopt something like this, what the Rangers and other NHL teams would do. Full season ticket holders get every other game or every third game? No individual sales? So many questions.

If they did something that that, I would be SO happy. I would even take a year off and keep my seniority if it was an option.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
That's a great thought, I've always wished there were fewer games.
Dont get me wrong, I love going to games, but I just had a kid and he's not old enough to take consistently. If I can take a year off, it would just be easier for my life.

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
Dont get me wrong, I love going to games, but I just had a kid and he's not old enough to take consistently. If I can take a year off, it would just be easier for my life.

Taking a year off would be ideal for a lot of people given the loss in income this disaster has caused.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
My rep has been 100% unresponsive since before March. I've emailed or called 3 different people about MSG's plan for refunds/game credits/ect, and got nothing. Does anyone have a contact that is responsive?

I'm thinking about just issuing a credit card dispute with my bank.

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
My rep has been 100% unresponsive since before March. I've emailed or called 3 different people about MSG's plan for refunds/game credits/ect, and got nothing. Does anyone have a contact that is responsive?

I'm thinking about just issuing a credit card dispute with my bank.

I disputed and no challenge from MSG so my credit is now final. I really don't think MSG will challenge any disputes since literally the world has changed. What I had signed up for has now changed. Just the health risk alone is enough to cancel any "contract"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->