Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
On the Hahn show they are talking about how some are saying there're no way they can have live sports in the fall because there's no vaccine and it'll all just blow up again

I'm not really sure how you play sports without a vaccine at this point, say you go back to playing, and a player gets it, does that shut down the entire team, and the teams they recently played against until everyone is then tested?

Reactions: ponytrekker

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not really sure how you play sports without a vaccine at this point, say you go back to playing, and a player gets it, does that shut down the entire team, and the teams they recently played against until everyone is then tested?

Well by the fall, I think large sections of the country will have already gotten it and thus making them "immune" to it. And for those that haven't, the load on the health care system and hospitals should be a lot lighter by then. Slowing the spread is mainly so that hospitals don't get overrun at once.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
How does it work if games are cancelled and I already sold on Ticket Exchange. Do they just take the money out of my bank? Do they send me a bill? I feel like not a lot of details were told to us.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
How does it work if games are cancelled and I already sold on Ticket Exchange. Do they just take the money out of my bank? Do they send me a bill? I feel like not a lot of details were told to us.

Ticket Exchange would presumably debit your account for the amount of the sale and you'd get credited back whatever the face was for that game by the Rangers.

I'm going to assume the Rangers would refund us the money for cancelled games and not use some BS like "you can use the money towards purchase of future games."

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yeah it's a big steaming pile of problems. The way it should work is that the buyer is refunded on their credit card, and TEx comes after you for the money they already paid you. I don't know if they can reverse the ACH deposit in your account after all this time, so how they come after you is anybody's guess. They may have a credit card on file for just such an occasion (the one I would have used has been cancelled recently so they wouldn't be able to ding me). Whatever it is if you don't pay up they will likely cancel your account but unknown what they can do beyond that except threaten to sue or follow up with the team to threaten you some more (Rangers in this case)

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Just found out I won something in the msg network sweepstakes for the garden of dreams. Don't think I'll find or what it is for a while though.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
There is a good chance that restrictions on social gatherings will still be in effect this fall. What a cluster**** for season tix holders. Lower demand equals below value resale. How are they going to allow seating in those seats designed for hobbits?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
There is a good chance that restrictions on social gatherings will still be in effect this fall. What a cluster**** for season tix holders. Lower demand equals below value resale. How are they going to allow seating in those seats designed for hobbits?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
There's potential for total disaster. If they play games again soon, the garden is still going to charge us upfront with full pre-pandemic prices which are pure fantasy. Garden prices are so astronomical because the tourists pay those prices, THERE ARE NO MORE TOURISTS. They're not coming back for at least a year.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I just can't see the season starting with fans in the crowd. Even if they do social distancing type crowds (say only 1/3rd or 1/4th of the building filled to space out), you still have people bunched up on the concourses which defeats the purpose. Either the season is delayed to start or they play with no fans.

Reactions: ponytrekker

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There's potential for total disaster. If they play games again soon, the garden is still going to charge us upfront with full pre-pandemic prices which are pure fantasy. Garden prices are so astronomical because the tourists pay those prices, THERE ARE NO MORE TOURISTS. They're not coming back for at least a year.

Not only that but people here are not going to want to be in any sort of crowd.

I'm really curious to see how this all plays out. People are already starting to lose their minds on Ticketmaster and teams for holding their money hostage. Especially so in baseball where they're treating all 162 games as postponed when it's obvious to anyone that these games won't be played with fans.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Not only that but people here are not going to want to be in any sort of crowd.

I'm really curious to see how this all plays out. People are already starting to lose their minds on Ticketmaster and teams for holding their money hostage. Especially so in baseball where they're treating all 162 games as postponed when it's obvious to anyone that these games won't be played with fans.
rangers already took $3K from me in March. I pushed back the next payments until June.

The Knicks have not billed or communicated, it's radio silence

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
SUBTOTAL
$6,072.00
LESS PAYMENTS
- $910.80
AMOUNT DUE
$5,161.20
NEXT PAYMENT DUE
$645.45
Due Date
06/15/2020

I have a decision (tons of them since virus,self-employed also)....do I take loss and dump tixs(cancel card and maybe dispute) or gamble that I can recoup 6k..In 6 years never lost money and made 2k 1 year.

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
I had made a $4k payment in March. I disputed that now and canceled card on file. This pandemic is a game changer and we cannot assume we go back to life as it was. There is no way I can or want to go 44 games a year even before CV-19.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I've refunded money to everyone who bought tickets from me for the balance of the season. No one asked, but I suspect some of those people really need the money right now.

Ironically, my daughter and my grandson Henrik were at what now seems to be the last game that will be played in front of a crowd in New York this year and very possibly Henrik Lundqvist's last game in New York.

Prior to the Corona Virus freeze, I had not decided whether or not to renew. For me it's a question of my age, the distance and the amount of time it was taking me to manage tickets. Used to be I would sell 13-14 games to three people, Now it's more like 1-2 games to 25 people. Not to mention the snarky comments I get from people who think I should take a loss on every game.

After 26 years and thousands of great memories, it's hard to say goodbye.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It almost feels like my renewal I’m paying for is going to be for the 2021 season, it’s hard to imagine 18,000 people just being allowed in MSG come October.

Reactions: cheech70

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It almost feels like my renewal I’m paying for is going to be for the 2021 season, it’s hard to imagine 18,000 people just being allowed in MSG come October.

Honestly, that'd do us a favor. Resales would be a disaster next season if there were somehow crowds. Prices are already high, losing many tourists who buy up tickets, people are going to be reeling in spending as they've taken pay cuts or lost their jobs, and many won't risk their health by going to such a large venue. Not to mention, selling to people would be a nightmare. Imagine selling games to 5 to 10 different people when you don't know when this thing may break out again, have to go through the hassle of refunding people, all while the team is holding your money hostage.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Spoke to my rep today...basically working thru whether or not to restart regular season...will know by end of month..
Next season will be based on CDC and NY State mandates regarding occupancy. I asked if my 15% 1st payment was refundable she said by letter of contract no...........but could be appealed to upper management...so no

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Spoke to my rep today...basically working thru whether or not to restart regular season...will know by end of month..
Next season will be based on CDC and NY State mandates regarding occupancy. I asked if my 15% 1st payment was refundable she said by letter of contract no...........but could be appealed to upper management...so no
There are 5 unplayed home games, I wonder if they are going to force us to take a credit towards next year instead of getting a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad