Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Dear Rangers Fan,

The New York Rangers support the league’s decision to take this step and suspend the season. We will provide our fans with more information as it becomes available. On behalf of our entire team, we thank our fans for their understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,
New York Rangers Hockey Club

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Any legal minds able to comment on me selling thru NY Tix Exchange and emailing tixs now canceled...who is libel?
Same procedure as usual. If a game happens or is rescheduled nothing changes - the tickets are good for that announced game. If a game is officially cancelled (fully confirmed), tickets are voided at all points of sale including season tickets and refunded. There's always the chance a team will pull a "circumstances out of our control so we won't give you your money back" but that would be a PR nightmare and unlikely

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Same procedure as usual. If a game happens or is rescheduled nothing changes - the tickets are good for that announced game. If a game is officially cancelled (fully confirmed), tickets are voided at all points of sale including season tickets and refunded. There's always the chance a team will pull a "circumstances out of our control so we won't give you your money back" but that would be a PR nightmare and unlikely

So the ticket that I have already sold thru tix exchange on a game that has not played will be reimbursed to me........ then I credit the buyer thru tix exchange?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So the ticket that I have already sold thru tix exchange on a game that has not played will be reimbursed to me........ then I credit the buyer thru tix exchange?
Now that I think about it, ticket exchange / stubhub / vivid etc pays you in advance. If the game is cancelled they would need to claw back that payment because they have to refund the buyer. That might cause some logistical problems for the resellers

Reactions: cheech70

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
How many people chose "Season Membership Gift" as their renewal perk? I remember we used to just get stuff randomly during the season anyway. I'll admit, the gift has me intrigued. I selected it today, since apparently the 12th wasn't the cutoff anymore.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Just saw that the Rangers are extending the season ticket renewal deadline. Gave me a few more days to think it over.
If you signed up for autorenew, you already got a nice fat credit card charge for the first 2020-21 season.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Anyone on the fence would be gone. They may claim to be the hottest ticket in town but with no STH AND no tourists, I don't know Tommy.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If you signed up for autorenew, you already got a nice fat credit card charge for the first 2020-21 season.
Yep, but at least I got a new credit card just in time. I recommend getting the Savor card from Capital One, they give you 4% on entertainment and restaurants. I spend like 20K on tickets each year so that's $800 in free money on top of the $300 welcome bonus

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I know these are pressing times, and most people including MSG staff have been told to work from home, but has anyone gotten a response from MSG concerning the remaining games? Are we getting a refund or a credit for next season if you renew? Also how about tickets sold on third party sites, like Stubhub, will Stubhub charge us what money was deposited to us for tickets sold after the postponement of the season? At this rate it doesn't seem the NHL will be able to make up any games.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I know these are pressing times, and most people including MSG staff have been told to work from home, but has anyone gotten a response from MSG concerning the remaining games? Are we getting a refund or a credit for next season if you renew? Also how about tickets sold on third party sites, like Stubhub, will Stubhub charge us what money was deposited to us for tickets sold after the postponement of the season? At this rate it doesn't seem the NHL will be able to make up any games.
Crickets

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Once they're postponed, I'd imagine StubHub or whatever site will charge you for the amount they gave you originally.

In regards to getting credits or refunds, it's going to be silence for a while. Technically they're all postponed so we're just hanging around for now. For all we know, they could be playing regular season games in July based on that player proposal today.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
OK, got an email from Stubhub for tickets I sold there for "today's" PIT vs NYR game:

Hi XXXXXXX,

We're reaching out to inform you the Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers game originally scheduled to take place tomorrow, March 18, 2020, for the tickets you sold, has been postponed.

We'll notify you once an official announcement has been made to reschedule or cancel the event.
  • If the event is rescheduled, the original tickets delivered to your buyer will be honored on the new date and no action will be required by you.
  • If the event is cancelled, we'll cancel your order and recoup any payment you have been issued for the sale. You will be refunded for the tickets from the original point of purchase.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
wow going scorched earth, let us know how MSG responds
MSG actually reversed the charge for next year and suspended it until they figure it out.

Mets, haven't heard shit but I ain't sitting on a dime so the Wilpons can keep it in their pockets, f*** that. I am taking the Cheescake Factory approach, I ain't giving anyone a dime before I have to.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
MSG actually reversed the charge for next year and suspended it until they figure it out.

Mets, haven't heard shit but I ain't sitting on a dime so the Wilpons can keep it in their pockets, f*** that. I am taking the Cheescake Factory approach, I ain't giving anyone a dime before I have to.

from Brooksie

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
from Brooksie

They already dinged me for the first payment.

And not for nothing but if people are scared to go to games then we are completely f*****

On the Knicks side the VAST majority of tickets sold is to tourists, there's no tourists coming to NYC any time soon. Big portion of Ranger crowds too

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
They already dinged me for the first payment.

And not for nothing but if people are scared to go to games then we are completely f*****

On the Knicks side the VAST majority of tickets sold is to tourists, there's no tourists coming to NYC any time soon. Big portion of Ranger crowds too
Email received today:
During these uncertain times, we want to show our commitment to our most valued fans, by providing payment deferment options for your 2020-21 Season Ticket Membership. You may choose one of the three options below:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Defer your next payment until May 15
Defer your next two payments until June 15
Continue on your current payment plan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
On the Hahn show they are talking about how some are saying there're no way they can have live sports in the fall because there's no vaccine and it'll all just blow up again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad